Author Topic: Could Danny Ainge pull these 3 things off this offseason?  (Read 10759 times)

Could Danny Ainge pull these 3 things off this offseason?
« on: March 11, 2015, 12:54:05 AM »

Offline Celtics#18

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 3
Danny Ainge is shooting for proverbial fences this offseason 

Could Danny Ainge pull these three things off this offseason? 

1)Trade for Demarcus Cousins (possibly using draft picks and Sully) Bleacher Report and ESPN say Sac town is open to trading him

2) Sign Kevin Love or Greg Monroe

3) Sign Kawhi Leonard or Jimmy Butler

Re: Could Danny Ainge pull these 3 things off this offseason?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 01:09:16 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Danny Ainge is shooting for proverbial fences this offseason 

Could Danny Ainge pull these three things off this offseason? 

1)Trade for Demarcus Cousins (possibly using draft picks and Sully) Bleacher Report and ESPN say Sac town is open to trading him

2) Sign Kevin Love or Greg Monroe

3) Sign Kawhi Leonard or Jimmy Butler

Don't even think Danny could pull any in the first place... Monroe could be a possibility.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 01:13:46 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
None

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 01:15:29 AM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
I see 2.) as a possibility.  Monroe is leaving Detroit and Kevin Love is being underutilized in Cleveland.  It's unlikely that we get either, but it's certainly possible.  That being said, it is almost certainly not happening, but 1.) and 3.) are definitely not happening.

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 01:19:07 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Money Talks...and for the very first time, C's will have Max Money.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 01:33:58 AM »

Offline Celtics#18

• The Green Kornet
I think anything can happen because fans were shocked with the big three deal. Let's see what he can do.

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 01:35:18 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
The thing about restricted free agents is that their current team has the option of matching an offer sheet.

If Butler or Leonard bought in on the Celtics project, the Celtics could offer a max with a two year player option and a no trade clause, something their current teams couldn't match for us to have even a chance to sign either player

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 01:38:53 AM »

Offline Celtics#18

• The Green Kornet
Do we have the draft pieces to get Demarcus Cousins?

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2015, 01:46:31 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
Do we have the draft pieces to get Demarcus Cousins?

Not at the moment, we'd have to win the lottery for a trade to take place and if we did i'd rather take Russell than Cousins, he screams superstar (even more then Okafor)

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2015, 09:03:43 AM »

Offline jonaslopes

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
Check this out

http://www.hngn.com/articles/70019/20150217/boston-celtics-rumors-demarcus-cousin-trade-explored-belief-sacramento-kings.htm

From Februaury 17, this is old. And not exactly a decent newspaper or website.

Stop the wishful thinking, is disgusting.
It's nice seeing him get exposed as overrated after having argued with fellow fans for years that he was overrated.. but I don't hate him. I'm looking forward to seeing him [...] bounce around to a couple more teams... eventually come back to Boston[...] and helps us as a role player until he runs himself out of the league.
LarBrd33 on Rondo

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2015, 09:14:01 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
well the funny thing about the would "could" is it goes for almost everything. We COULD sign LeBron, we COULD change our color to blue next year, we COULD.. well you get the idea. Its really a question of how likely any of these things are to happen. That said, I bet Ainge will try at all of these options (unless he doesn't like one of the guys for the money or doesn't like Cousins attitude in general).

A lot of people said there was no chance we would ever get KG. Like to the point you'd get made fun of for bringing it up. If we don't get good again soon it will be due to bad luck not bad management.

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2015, 09:16:59 AM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
The thing about restricted free agents is that their current team has the option of matching an offer sheet.

If Butler or Leonard bought in on the Celtics project, the Celtics could offer a max with a two year player option and a no trade clause, something their current teams couldn't match for us to have even a chance to sign either player

I don't think we can offer a a No Trade Clause to these guys. You've got to be with a team for a certain amount of time before that can be given. There's only like 8 NTC in the league, but honestly, if we offer Leonard a max deal with more money up front do you  really think the Spurs are going to match? I think if we offer it on the back end they'll match because most likely Manu, Parker, and Duncan will be off the books, but up front certainly will put them over the cap.

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2015, 09:49:06 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I think anything can happen because fans were shocked with the big three deal. Let's see what he can do.

This is the reason I don't think any of the above will happen. I think we will make some noise with a big splash this summer but it won't be anyone whose name has come up in the media and rumored to be going here or there. I think whoever we end up trading for will be under the media radar.

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't remember any rumors about Ray Allen coming to Boston before the draft day trade. I think whatever we do will most likely be similar to that situation. Kinda the same with the IT trade. We knew Danny liked him, we knew there had been some discussions, but in the end I think we were all pretty surprised by the fact that the Suns traded him to Boston.

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2015, 09:56:59 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
If he does any of those I will be happy with that. I think all 3 is exceedingly unlikely.

It does make sense for the C's to pursue a trade on draft night, in order to strengthen their position with free agents. I expect Danny to make every effort to get Cousins on draft night.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19