Author Topic: We shouldn't use a 2016 first round pick in a trade for Demarcus Cousins  (Read 13573 times)

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Let me help you out, we are not giving up anything for Cousins because the Kings are not trading him. :o

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I take a proven asset over a unknown.  Ben Simmons could easily flame out, Cousins is a sure thing but I too, think they do not trade him folks.

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
the 2016 draft is not suppose to be any better than the last 2. But we will see.

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
The 2016 NBA draft is ver talented. Ben Simmons is the next LeBron. Not worth trading a potential LeBron for Cousins

The Nets pick should be off limits but every other 2016 1st should be in play for either a player or to move up in the 2015 draft. The 2016 draft looks really promising at the top but mid way through the lottery its gets weak and looks to stay weak. The upcoming freshman class is not highly regarded except for the very top of its class. Where the 2014 and 15 drafts both seem to stay strong with alot of parody from 15-30 I dont think this is the case in 2016. Teams may be drafting players who they dont love the idea of giving guaranteed money to late in the 1st
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
The 2016 NBA draft is ver talented. Ben Simmons is the next LeBron. Not worth trading a potential LeBron for Cousins

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Probability

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Are people still trying to decide whether they would want the best center in the NBA or some high school kid that has great you tube video highlights but hasn't even played against college competition yet? You have got to be kidding me.

Sometimes I wonder about the educational system in the US when I hear stuff like this.

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Oh I remember when C's had a potential high lottery pick from a horrible team. Then that team traded for CP3 and the pick turned into Fab Melo.

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Are people still trying to decide whether they would want the best center in the NBA or some high school kid that has great you tube video highlights but hasn't even played against college competition yet? You have got to be kidding me.

Not even "some high school kid that has great you tube video highlights but hasn't even played against college competition yet".  Rather, a 25% chance (at absolute best) at "some high school kid that has great you tube video highlights but hasn't even played against college competition yet"

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Oh I remember when C's had a potential high lottery pick from a horrible team. Then that team traded for CP3 and the pick turned into Fab Melo.
:'(
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Not even "some high school kid that has great you tube video highlights but hasn't even played against college competition yet".  Rather, a 25% chance (at absolute best) at "some high school kid that has great you tube video highlights but hasn't even played against college competition yet"
Well done and correct. Let's not use a pick for DMC because there is the slimmest of chances we can get some high school kid that has great you tube video highlights but hasn't even played against college competition yet.

Boy I am really glad Danny Ainge runs the Celtics

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Are people even asking this question? Yeah, Ben Simmons looks good, but so what? Can we tamper our expectations for his potential/upside?

DMC on another team with good supporting cast would still be the best player. The highlights against Anthony Davis proved it in my mind. I mean AD is a potential top 5 MVP candidate, and Cousins completely floored him whenever AD defended him.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
So the quick math on the chances of any first round pick the C's have in 2016 of becoming the top pick so the Celtics can draft whoever they want is:

1/4 chance of wining the lottery with the worst record in the league X 1/14 chance of being in the lottery and ending up with the worst record X 14/30 chance of ending up in the lottery = 0.7% chance of getting that pick.

So you don't trade  a 2016 pick for DMC so you can have a less than 1% chance of drafting some teenager that might not even develop enough in college to be good enough to draft number one?

The notion is ridiculous
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 04:16:57 PM by nickagneta »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
So the quick math on the chances of any first round pick the C's have in 2016 of becoming the top pick so the Celtics can draft whoever they want is:

1/4 chance of wining the lottery with the worst record in the league X 1/14 chance of being in the lottery and ending up with the worst record X 14/30 chance of lNding in the lottery = 0.7% chance of getting that pick.

So you don't trade  a 2016 pick for DMC so you can have a less than 1% chance of drafting some teenager that might not even develop enough in college to be good enough to draft number one?

The notion is ridiculoua

Ridiculoua is also probably the last name of some stash pick who will be nabbed in the second round.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

1/4 chance of wining the lottery with the worst record in the league X 1/14 chance of being in the lottery and ending up with the worst record X 14/30 chance of ending up in the lottery = 0.7% chance of getting that pick.

The notion is ridiculous

I agree generally but that math isn't very accurate as you can win the lottery from any lottery spot, or with other teams' picks (like Brooklyn).  It should be a major red flag when the best odds you can come up with are less than 1% in a league with a lot less than 100 teams. 

The average chance of a team winning the lotto each year is exactly 1/30.  With two unprotected 1sts, ours is at least 2/30 right now.  You'd have to adjust for the likelihood of making  the lotto/having more Ping-Pong balls, which is a huge pain to do with any kind of accuracy, but that'd be the starting point.

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Well done and correct. Let's not use a pick for DMC because there is the slimmest of chances we can get some high school kid that has great you tube video highlights but hasn't even played against college competition yet.

Boy I am really glad Danny Ainge runs the Celtics

Yeah I'll never understand it either.

I'd give up three of the Nets picks to bring Cousins to Boston. Its a no-brainer in my eyes.