Author Topic: Patriots & NFL Free Agency Updates 2015  (Read 65631 times)

Re: Patriots & NFL Free Agency Updates 2015
« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2015, 06:59:07 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Brandon Gibson to Pats, one year $825k.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 07:28:40 PM by kozlodoev »
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2015, 08:40:57 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
More LaCanfora on Revis:

Jason La CanforaVerified account
?@JasonLaCanfora
We'll see if any one else trumps that. Patriots had been in the mid-30s in terms of guaranteed money. KC has been in it as well.
If the Pats came in at, say, $45 million with $35 million guaranteed, wonder whether he'll elect to sign for $48/$40 with the Jets...

I doubt the Pats go much higher than they already are. I think they pretty much always use the same playbook, and rarely budge on numbers. Seemed like they did a bit on Devin McCourty, maybe they'll do it a bit for Revis. But the last thing the Pats are going to do is get in a bidding war for Revis. They'll just let him walk and move on to the next set of players.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2015, 08:54:29 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Aaaaaand we're done here:

Schwartz & Feinsod
?@schwartzfeinsod
Pending legal, @Revis24 has agreed to terms with the New York Jets #RevisIsland #nyjets
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2015, 08:56:04 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones

Schwartz & Feinsod
?@schwartzfeinsod
Pending legal, @Revis24 has agreed to terms with the New York Jets #RevisIsland #nyjets

Well, not quite done. There's still that issue of tampering :)
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2015, 08:58:45 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Either way, this is disappointing.

« Reply #80 on: March 10, 2015, 09:11:01 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
It'll be interesting to see what the money is.

Anyone have an idea what the Pats cap situation looks like now after the past 24 hours or so?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #81 on: March 10, 2015, 09:14:20 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
Either way, this is disappointing.

Well, we will get to see if Malcolm Butler is the real deal or not. And the Pats now have plenty of money to spend if they want.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2015, 09:17:20 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones

Anyone have an idea what the Pats cap situation looks like now after the past 24 hours or so?

Pats have about $14M.
http://patscap.com

It'll be interesting to see if any of that is now used to bring back Wilfork or Browner.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2015, 09:20:25 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

Schwartz & Feinsod
?@schwartzfeinsod

Terrible career move, Darrelle. I hope the extra money is worth spending the rest of your prime years in the cesspool that is the New York Jets organization. And remember what it's like to be on top of the mountain, because you won't ever get there with that sorry franchise.

Side note to New England: Losing your best defender to your most bitter rival? Not a good move. Good luck filling those shoes.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2015, 09:24:02 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
So far $48 million with $40 million guaranteed over 3 years is what's been reported on the table. Generous, but didn't seem prohibitively so. The Pats reportedly had an offer with mid-$30s million guaranteed. We will see how accurate these numbers were.

If the difference is indeed around $5 million that will be quite a headscratcher.

« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2015, 09:25:09 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Really disappointing news and are chances of a repeat just went down significantly unless we get some major upgrades in multiple positions... If the Jets guaranteed 40m+ to Revis, that's just ridiculous

« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2015, 09:26:37 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Patriots have some serious work to do. Huge holes in the secondary, and no versatile pass-catching RB. Takes all the air out of the McCourty euphoria.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2015, 09:26:54 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Really disappointing news and are chances of a repeat just went down significantly unless we get some major upgrades in multiple positions... If the Jets guaranteed 40m+ to Revis, that's just ridiculous
That's ~$13 million guaranteed a year. Revis just made $12 million last year.

« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2015, 09:29:28 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Revis' deal with the Jets is a whopper. NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports it's a five-year, $70 million deal with $39 million fully guaranteed, per a source involved.

« Reply #89 on: March 10, 2015, 09:30:47 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
Welp, looks like we'll be going back to the days of trying to outscore opponents.  We'll have to see where the final contract numbers are, what the Pats offered, etc. but if it's a case where they lost out on him because of just a few million bucks, then shame on the Pats.

Part of me hopes he planned on going to the Jets from jump street because it'll make things a little easier to take.  Yes the Jets need a quarterback, but with a whole new regime, an already established front 7, a new receiver to play with...let's see just what the plan is for QB because I think the Jets may surprise some people.  Let's not forget, for the craptastic team the Jets were even just 2 years ago, they still went 8-8.

What I don't know if I'll ever get over...it took 10 years to get a respectable, championship worthy secondary.  The track record of homegrown development in corners is just downright terrible, hence why they finally went out and got Revis and Browner last year.  So you finally have that secondary, outside of Gronk staying healthy all year, it's basically THE reason you won a title...and after a year, it gets completely torn down.  I just don't get it.