Author Topic: Who should the Celtics pursue this offseason?  (Read 13847 times)

Re: Who should the Celtics pursue this offseason?
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2015, 09:47:01 AM »

Offline NYDan

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 22
My wishlist right now for SF is Khris Middleton, Kawhi Leonard and Draymond Green. Would rather look to the draft for Centers, try and trade up - don't think we can get players like Marc Gasol, Kevin Love or D'Andre Jordan, don't think Cousins is for sale, not sold on Greg Monroe at the max or near max for this team.

I'd like to see the Celtics go after Kosta Koufos or Alexis Ajinca, either could be a nice piece if we don't have to overpay. Both play well when given minutes and need different situations to see what they're really capable of.

« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2015, 04:31:17 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
http://youtu.be/fRjYRl1veuU
Willie Cauley Stein is who we need in the draft. If we have to give up something else to move up or trade for him.  Kris Middleton would be good for our SF with Turner. I hope we can get a FA to at least have their current team match. I too don't want Monrow. Sullly is shape will be better.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2015, 04:45:07 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
The list of gettable unrestricted free agents isn't that great.  Monroe is probably on top of the list but do you want to give him a max deal?  Our old buddy Omer Asik at 12 mil or so seems like a better choice.

Mike
I don't want Asik and certainly not at 12 mil.  I think Monroe at Max would only cost around 15 mil.  Asik doesn't do much offensively and I question his defensive prowess since NO with Davis and Asik is one of the worst defensive teams in the league.   

The NOP thing is so strange to me - I was sure they were going to be an all-out force defensively this year, but they have been very blah. I  am sure it has more to do with their guard / wing rotation, but they should at least be above average with those two. Either he or Davis must be overrated, right?

New Orleans seems to be an illustration of how really bad coaching can make a team under-perform.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference