Author Topic: Who should the Celtics pursue this offseason?  (Read 13846 times)

Re: Who should the Celtics pursue this offseason?
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2015, 07:05:47 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Split $16mill with Kosta Koufos and Khris Middleton.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2015, 07:14:37 PM »

Offline jonaslopes

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
Or we can just think about this offseason more realistic.

Go hard at Gasol and Aldridge. Both players if they leave their respectable cities... Why would they not join up? Danny throws the pitch at them joining each other?

Smart/ Thomas
Avery/ young
---/ Crowder
Aldridge/ Kelly
Gasol/ WCS

Realistic.  ::)
It's nice seeing him get exposed as overrated after having argued with fellow fans for years that he was overrated.. but I don't hate him. I'm looking forward to seeing him [...] bounce around to a couple more teams... eventually come back to Boston[...] and helps us as a role player until he runs himself out of the league.
LarBrd33 on Rondo

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2015, 08:23:04 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Anyone and everyone they can.

Gasol, Love, Monroe, Leonard, Butler, Jordan, Asik

Yep, though hopefully not necessarily in that order, i.e. Monroe second to last for me.

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2015, 09:26:08 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Greg Monroe and draymond green
A post presence and an all around defensive force team leader.
Monroe is younger then m Gassol, runs the floor, is an above average passer and a load to contain on offense. Paired with a defensive force like dg her would be sitting pretty.
I saw green for first time on Sundays abc game. Was really impressed with his d, energy, leadership and surprising offensive skill set.
If he can't be had I'd look to Montrezel Harrell. His o doesn't compare at this point and probably never will but he's got the same defensive skill set.

Do the Celtics have the money to sign both of them?  I like Monroe, I wish he was a better rim protector and low post defender, but his offense would be a good fit in Stevens system as he can run, attack the basket, and pass (although improving his shooting would open up the drive even more).  I think adding Green and Monroe would make the Celts Eastern conference contenders and would solidify a young core.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 09:32:19 PM by Celts Fan 508 »
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2015, 09:36:39 PM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Tobias Harris and Khris Middleton

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2015, 01:58:10 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
How about this football Player. Looks like he is tall and can jump. It is super Man WCS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjNZtUGl4Ko

"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2015, 02:17:32 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
How about this football Player. Looks like he is tall and can jump. It is super Man WCS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjNZtUGl4Ko

Hey, I've heard of that guy.  Supposedly a great end zone protector.

Mike

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2015, 02:24:09 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Kawai Leonard is everything a wing in our system should be. He can play a top 5 player like Lebron or Durant to a stalemate and make their other pieces beat you. Especially with with the impending salary cap increase Kawai Leonard on a Max should be our number 1 priority.

And hey, he'd be the best free agent signing in Boston Celtics history.

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2015, 02:32:03 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Kawai Leonard is everything a wing in our system should be. He can play a top 5 player like Lebron or Durant to a stalemate and make their other pieces beat you. Especially with with the impending salary cap increase Kawai Leonard on a Max should be our number 1 priority.

And hey, he'd be the best free agent signing in Boston Celtics history.

But not the best player to actively choose to play for the Boston Celtics when the possibility of free agency was potentially available.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2015, 02:37:17 PM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
I can't see the Spurs not matching an offer for Kawhi Leonard....I think Jordan would be an outstanding fit on this team but I think that is a pipe dream.  I think the C's will end up with Monroe, they need someone that can score from the paint to go with all the outside shooters.  In the draft I think they will take another wing or Big Frank the tank from Wisconsin, DA loves the big guys that can shoot....

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2015, 02:37:44 PM »

Offline Old Wine

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1
Monroe or D. Jordan, K. Love on free agency. Draft WCS, S.J and Dakari J and a guy who can on score ( 2 or a 3) Keep building. GO C's

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2015, 03:10:53 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Why are so many people in love with WCS. Yes he will be ok in the NBA, but I think Myles Turner is a much better fit for our team and an even better prospect for the future.

Having a big man that can hit shots and ft's and block shots and match up with other centers would be the best fit for our system...IMO

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Willie-Cauley-Stein-6441/

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Myles-Turner-72850/

Here is a "unbiased" article from BR. WCS does move well and he has very nice athleticism, but Id go with Turner. He's just 18 and in the article explains that he still hasn't grown into his new body.“I’m not completely comfortable [with my size] yet,” Turner told Dallasnews.com's Corbett Smith last February. “I definitely need to get bigger and stronger to be able to go down there and bang more.”

http://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/236934/How-Picking-The-Wrong-Coach-Hurts-Draft-Stock
^this is article from realgm focusing on how bad Turner's coach is and how the plays and style of the team really play against a big's strengths .

I hope this helps you make your mind up, either way.

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2015, 03:22:50 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
It will have to be someone really good on a team that isn't good enough going forward to win the championship or the team is financially tied up.  So the candidates are:

LaMarcus Aldridge
Gordon Haywood
DeAndre Jordan
DeMarcus Cousins
Kawai Leonard
DeMar DeRozan
Greg Monroe

None of them are super realistic, but there is a chance for any of them.  I would give a huge offer to Kawai, although the Spurs will almost certainly match anything we can give.  I would give a huge offer to Monroe, but he will probably go to a bigger market.

I would also like to keep our draft pick if it's top 10, unless we get a really really tantalizing offer.  Everything is on the table, but we'd have to do it for someone really special.  Getting a good player on a rookie deal keeps us really flexible going forward.  I would probably trade it + Sully + Wallace for any of those guys above, though.

If we could get Kawai and Monroe and keep our pick I'd be elated, although come on that's not happening.

I ultimately think that we're going to have to swing a mega-trade for a disgruntled super star again.  I just don't think we're going to get a superstar via FA and drafting them takes forever.

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2015, 03:53:53 PM »

Offline e4sym0de

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 12
I´m pretty happy if we can get any Max Player that is worth the Max or close to it via Free Agency. Gonna help the team make the Playoffs next year so they can develop further and we keep our assets for whatever opportunitys occur in the future.

I could see D. Carrol being a target. He plays a nice season, is kind of a 2nd Tier UFA and maybe Atlanta wants to upgrade at the wing. Could see him fit in nice into the system.

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2015, 04:17:40 PM »

Offline ddb

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 17
Kevin Durant.  trade the farm for him without a guarantee he will resign.  He is worth the risk.  A player like that would easily fall in love with contending for titles in Boston.

Smart-Bradley-Durant-LMA-Zeller
IThomas-Crowder-Bass-Perkins