Author Topic: Anthony Davis  (Read 1822 times)

Anthony Davis
« on: March 07, 2015, 06:42:44 PM »

Offline Celtics#18

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 3
Should the Celtics go all out for Anthony Davis in 2016? In the mean time what player can we get that would help enhance Anthony Davis's  playing  on the C's?

Re: Anthony Davis
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 06:50:21 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
AD

That's all that is on Laker fans minds .   Save every asset . You know that's what Mitch has planned ......steal him from the Pelicans .   That's the guy they need to return the Lakers to the top of the hill.

He might move on...... I would if I were him....

But KG stayed a long time in that smell hole Minn team.

To land him would require Pelicans realizing he won't stay and taking offers.....he has to get to that point I think.....and then DA will have to empty the bank to land him.

Every team would trade anybody ..including a LeBron to get him.

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 07:17:45 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Just imagine....wow  :o

If there is any possibility, you can bet every player and every pick is up for trade. But I won't hold out much hope.

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 07:24:43 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I think even if we were to offer our entire stock of draft picks, and Sullinger, KO, Bradley, Smart, and Young, NO would not make that deal.

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 08:01:10 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
I think even if we were to offer our entire stock of draft picks, and Sullinger, KO, Bradley, Smart, and Young, NO would not make that deal.
unless....unless....unless davis makes it clear that he wants out of NO. kevin love left minnesota under similar circumstances.

if the managment of NO believes they cannot keep davis, then they may try to cash in while they can and let another team worry about resigning him.

in such a situation, the highest bidder would win. in THAT context the celtics may be an attractive player by putting more assets on the table than anyone.

all i am saying is it is not beyond the realm of possibilities, though admittedly not likely.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2015, 08:23:11 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Wait, aren't all rookies restricted free agents when their deal runs out?

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2015, 08:24:25 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
unless....unless....unless davis makes it clear that he wants out of NO. kevin love left minnesota under similar circumstances.

if the managment of NO believes they cannot keep davis, then they may try to cash in while they can and let another team worry about resigning him.

in such a situation, the highest bidder would win. in THAT context the celtics may be an attractive player by putting more assets on the table than anyone.

all i am saying is it is not beyond the realm of possibilities, though admittedly not likely.

That's the only way we get AD before he is 35 yrs old.    If he wants out , and forces NO GMs hand to trade......and if DA had a decent team assembled for him to land.

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2015, 08:31:27 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
yes which is why he will resign there for one more contract. He won't be available until around 2020

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2015, 08:34:32 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Obviously we should try.

Personally I don't think it will work out in New Orleans given all I've seen and I think he will move onto somewhere.  Obviously I would love to be that team.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2015, 08:38:14 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
yes which is why he will resign there for one more contract. He won't be available until around 2020

That's what I thought, which pretty much makes this a non-issue I would think.

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2015, 08:41:23 PM »

Offline Celtics#18

• The Green Kornet
http://espn.go.com/nba/salaries/_/year/2009

We have a better chance than most team. We have more cap space and a larger market than most teams. Other teams that may have more cap space like Philadelphia won't be attractive to all star players because one Anthony Davis won't turn things around.

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2015, 08:42:20 PM »

Offline Celtics#18

• The Green Kornet
He's a free agent in 2016