Author Topic: Game of Thrones vs. The Lord of the Rings  (Read 20544 times)

Re: Game of Thrones vs. The Lord of the Rings
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2015, 12:31:58 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I will say that the Jackson LOTR films looked incredible. The set design was beyond what I expected, but the Rankin/Bass is the only Hobbit for me.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Re: Game of Thrones vs. The Lord of the Rings
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2015, 06:57:12 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548
From George RR Martin

“I’ve talked about Gandalf [in The Lord of the Rings], and how the impact of his death was enormous. When I was a 12-year-old kid reading The Fellowship of the Ring and ‘Fly, you fools!’ and he goes into the chasm …  it was ‘Holy Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.! [J.R.R. Tolkien] killed the wizard! That’s the guy who knew everything. How are they going to destroy the ring without him?’ And now the ‘kids’ have to grow up because their ‘daddy’ is dead. If Gandalf could die, anybody could die. And then just a few chapters later Boromir goes down. Those two deaths created in me the ‘anyone could die’ thing. At that point I was expecting [Tolkien] to pick off the whole Fellowship one by one. And then we also think in The Two Towers that Frodo is dead, since Shelob stung him and wrapped him up. I really bought it because he set me up with those other deaths. But then, of course, he brings Gandalf back. He’s a little strange at first, but then he’s basically the same old Gandalf. I liked the impact we got from him being gone.”

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/31/game-thrones-lady-stoneheart
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip