Author Topic: Should the Celtics pursue Demarcus Cousins?  (Read 3150 times)

Should the Celtics pursue Demarcus Cousins?
« on: March 07, 2015, 04:29:32 PM »

Offline Celtics#18

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 3
http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25083137/report-kings-made-demarcus-cousins-available-at-trade-deadline

http://nesn.com/2015/02/demarcus-cousins-goran-dragic-on-celtics-nba-trade-deadline-radar/

We have the trade pieces necessary(draft picked sullinger) to get Demarcus Cousins, but should the Celtics pursue him this summer. Would he be a good edition to the Celtics?

Re: Should the Celtics pursue Demarcus Cousins?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 04:33:35 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
We have the trade pieces necessary(draft picked sullinger) to get Demarcus Cousins

I'm not sure that we do.  If the Kings want what we've got, though, then absolutely we should pursue him.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 05:36:37 PM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
I don't think we have the pieces to get cousins
Other than draft picks we don't really have that player where the Kings would say is almost equal value
I don't think they like KO or sully or zeller

We should pursue but the cost will be too high for us to pay

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 06:11:50 PM »

Offline Greenbeantown

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 3
No, hes a great player but he has a bad attitude and got into a scuffle earlier this season with marcus smart

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 06:20:23 PM »

Offline e4sym0de

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 12
I think we would have to give a the farm to get him. If I were Sacramento, I would at least want Smart, Olynyk, Celtics´15 and Brooklyn´16 Pick and I am not sure, that would be enough for me to move Cousins. I think they will try to make the Playoffs at least 1 more time, befor they consider moving Cousins.

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2015, 06:42:58 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Not until HE or the GM is ready for the move . It's a waste of tme.

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2015, 01:08:30 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 732
Absolutely Not. Cousins is a complete head case and is not Celtic material.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2015, 03:52:47 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
it is not bad to dream.. but no team is giving up a franchise player.. surely not when he is young... forget about cousins davis drummond wiggins... not for sale

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2015, 09:26:41 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
NO. This guy is immature and has a bad attitude.   Zach Randolph was going to chew him up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni8xmzZy94Q

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 09:30:44 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
NO. This guy is immature and has a bad attitude.   Zach Randolph was going to chew him up

The internal inconsistency of this argument is stunning to me.  The guy who walked away from an altercation -- after being elbowed multiple times -- is the immature one, while Zach Randolph (a guy with a history of disciplinary and legal troubles) is praised?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2015, 09:55:06 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

The internal inconsistency of this argument is stunning to me.  The guy who walked away from an altercation -- after being elbowed multiple times -- is the immature one, while Zach Randolph (a guy with a history of disciplinary and legal troubles) is praised?

who started it between Randolph and Cousins? 

Randolph was not going to take crap from a young gun like Cousins.  How many altercations has Cousins been involved in in the last year?

Randolph is not an angel of a player by any means but he is not going back to the bench, kicking things. 

Why do you want a guy like this on the Celtics team?  Someone who can get frustrated very easily. If Cousins faced Rodman , he would be in big trouble and prob get suspended enough times. It doesn't matter imo how skilled you are if you don't have leadership skills, maturity you will never  be a successful player in the NBA

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2015, 10:22:15 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think if he will be better than anyone we would get in the draft.  Bigs that average 23 PPG , 1.7 BPG and 12 RPG  are pretty rare, I would wager Okafor never hits those numbers.

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2015, 10:37:55 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I'm kind of in the 'whatever it takes' category, but would like to hold on to Smart and IT (although it's not like the Thomas / Cousins experiment had any success in Sac).

It just feels like we are still floating along without any real direction. Perhaps we will change that with trades and FA signings this summer and my mind will change on this, but building around a guy like Cousins would at least gives us a chance moving forward.