Author Topic: Kawhi Leonard and Demarcus Cousins to the Celtics (unsourced rumor)  (Read 7697 times)

Re: Kawhi Leonard and Demarcus Cousins to the Celtics (unsourced rumor)
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2015, 10:42:39 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Rumors aside, getting these two would place us in - or VERY near - to contention for the next few years.

We'd practically have our starting 5 (Smart-AB-Kawhi-Sully-Boogie) set, as well as a great bench.

As long as IT4 would be comfortable with his current KEY role, this would be a very, very good team.

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2015, 11:36:28 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
nobody knows what's going to happen in the offseason, so this is pointless, i would love monroe and leonard, or gasol.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2015, 11:42:14 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
This would be a dream come true but those two trades would probably cost us all our draft picks (Kawhi is restricted so we would probably need to work a sign and trade to get him out of San Antonio)

DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2015, 11:42:46 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
0% chance.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2015, 11:43:49 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
I am not sold on Kawhi Leonard.  I think he is a in a good system with good players that is inflating his apparent talent some.  I like him as a player, just not a max contact, build around him guy.

That said, I am sure that the Celtics are "interested".  It does not seem at all surprising to me.

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2015, 12:03:31 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I am not sold on Kawhi Leonard.  I think he is a in a good system with good players that is inflating his apparent talent some.  I like him as a player, just not a max contact, build around him guy.

That said, I am sure that the Celtics are "interested".  It does not seem at all surprising to me.

I agree about Leonard .......you NEVER trust ..... The Spurs to trade you ANY player .    Either they are damaged goods or they were used as a special peg in a certain group of guys ...specially designed to assist Duncan and Parker.  They never pan out right on the next team.

Most all the SUPER finds Pop has created .....are busts when moved on to other teams ......basically played like junk and off to China.

Jimmy Butler is the real deal.   He is self made.    Green on Warriors is real deal.

You never know, if the player is great or it is one of Pop s creations .

I wouldn't bet the ranch on him that's for sure.    He may have that lack of effort as he has been successful ,,has , money and ring and NO drive left.

I wonder if at twice the price of Bass ....is he twice the impact .....I doubt it .......I wouldn't overpay and get stuck with a Bass like performance

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2015, 12:12:45 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Disagree about Leonard. The Spurs do in fact make a lot of players look better in their system. But they do not win that championship last year without Kawhi. He was and is their best player. Of course the "system" helps. But it's clear Leonard can play. He's one of the best perimeter defenders in the league, one of the best rebounders at his position, and he can be relied upon on offense when needed. He is definitely a 20ppg player if the Spurs offense revolves around him. This guy is absolutely a max player, no way the Spurs are letting him go.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2015, 12:25:29 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Unsourced rumors are like silent farts. They stink.

At least you can blame silent farts on the dog.  No such convenient out for the unsourced rumor.  Where's the deli guy when you need him?
Yup

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2015, 12:46:23 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
But should the word 'rumor' even be attached to this thread? It's more of a, 'it would be really cool if this happened,' thread. I don't think there is any rumor at all.

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2015, 12:54:22 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
The rumor quoted here is only slightly more responsible than ESPN reporting.

But even if there were any truth to it at all I would think these guy's teams would offer them more

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2015, 01:09:36 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
But should the word 'rumor' even be attached to this thread? It's more of a, 'it would be really cool if this happened,' thread. I don't think there is any rumor at all.
TP. Why invent the fact that this is a rumor when you clearly just thought it would be nice if it happened.

There is nothing wrong with posting this as an idea. Why lie about it.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2015, 01:42:52 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2015, 03:19:24 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
I would start going to temple if this happened

This one deserves two TPs.

Mike

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2015, 03:33:00 PM »

Offline rickyfan3.0...

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 110
Made up rumors should be taken down immediately. It sucks logging onto this site to check 'News' and seeing obvious Fiction.

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2015, 04:19:02 PM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
Disagree about Leonard. The Spurs do in fact make a lot of players look better in their system. But they do not win that championship last year without Kawhi. He was and is their best player. Of course the "system" helps. But it's clear Leonard can play. He's one of the best perimeter defenders in the league, one of the best rebounders at his position, and he can be relied upon on offense when needed. He is definitely a 20ppg player if the Spurs offense revolves around him. This guy is absolutely a max player, no way the Spurs are letting him go.

agreed... and its best to sign "system" players to this team.. He can play for two dozen other teams and score 25ppg