Author Topic: Revis Option Declined  (Read 3094 times)

Revis Option Declined
« on: March 06, 2015, 04:06:38 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
pats decline the 20MIL option on Revis.  B/R states they are confident in getting a new deal done.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

Re: Revis Option Declined
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 04:09:39 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
pats decline the 20MIL option on Revis.  B/R states they are confident in getting a new deal done.

still scared of losing him, get it done soon please!

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 04:10:10 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Which was expected. 

No way were they going to take a $25M cap hit or whatever it was lined up to be this year.  That contract he signed last year was always really going to be a one year deal.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 04:10:30 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Actually, it's a BR (BR!!!) report saying the Pats "plan to decline" Revis' option. Thanks, Captain Bleacher Obvious :)

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2015/03/06/report-patriots-to-decline-20-million-option-on-darrelle-revis/
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 04:17:03 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Which was expected. 

No way were they going to take a $25M cap hit or whatever it was lined up to be this year.  That contract he signed last year was always really going to be a one year deal.
$5 million of this is dead money. Which makes the option look less crazy. I mean, if you resign him for the $15 million he's supposed to command, you're on the hook for $20 for him this year.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 04:34:28 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Which was expected. 

Correct, and I believe it was identified as such almost as soon as he signed it.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2015, 11:03:29 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Actually, it's a BR (BR!!!) report saying the Pats "plan to decline" Revis' option. Thanks, Captain Bleacher Obvious :)

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2015/03/06/report-patriots-to-decline-20-million-option-on-darrelle-revis/

Right. It's important to point out that the option has *not* been declined yet. Why would the Pats decline it now? Then other teams can start negotiating with Revis since he'd be a FA. The Pats will wait until whenever the latest time is to decline the option (Tuesday afternoon at 4pm or so?).

I think there's a decent chance that Revis is back in NE. I think there's a decent chance McCourty is back in NE as well. I think Vereen is gone (unfortunately -- I liked him, especially given he's a Cal alum).
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2015, 11:15:35 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 537
They're going to have to overpay (which means paying market rate) for one of them.  Hoping it's Revis, but it wouldn't shock me if they lose both.  From the players standpoint it makes sense for both of them to see what the market's going to bear.