Author Topic: Awesome Grantland Article on Towns and Stein  (Read 5962 times)

Re: Awesome Grantland Article on Towns and Stein
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2015, 08:36:39 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
Well if we keep winning these games, we won't end up with any of these guys. So let's get the tank on..

that ship has sailed celts got 25 wins with 23 left...... just enjoy the guys playing hard and the cards will fall where they fall...

I still think we could combine picks or use our assets to get him even if we aren't in the top 8 or so, especially since everyone below us doesn't really have a need for a purely defensive-minded 5 like WCS.

I think it will take trading KO or Sully and our pick to move up ......there will be no mercy for DA ....they ll rake him over the coals to move up to get WCS.   All I m say n be prepared to say goodbye to a good player or two.  It might even take Young plus KO to get that pick .

I think Sully and KO are redundant anyways, so I'd be ok with that. Young would be harder to let go of.
I'd be fine with getting rid of Sully.  It is his contract year and I don't want Ainge overpaying to keep him.   WCS and Zeller would be a nice combo at the 5. 

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2015, 08:44:46 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Well if we keep winning these games, we won't end up with any of these guys. So let's get the tank on..

that ship has sailed celts got 25 wins with 23 left...... just enjoy the guys playing hard and the cards will fall where they fall...

I still think we could combine picks or use our assets to get him even if we aren't in the top 8 or so, especially since everyone below us doesn't really have a need for a purely defensive-minded 5 like WCS.

I think it will take trading KO or Sully and our pick to move up ......there will be no mercy for DA ....they ll rake him over the coals to move up to get WCS.   All I m say n be prepared to say goodbye to a good player or two.  It might even take Young plus KO to get that pick .

I think Sully and KO are redundant anyways, so I'd be ok with that. Young would be harder to let go of.
I'd be fine with getting rid of Sully.  It is his contract year and I don't want Ainge overpaying to keep him.   WCS and Zeller would be a nice combo at the 5.

Especially with that injury and his conditioning issues. I might prefer KO at the 4 just because he can stretch the floor a little bit more.

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2015, 09:53:39 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
We should ditch guys who are liabilities on defense, and Sully and KO are folks.

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2015, 10:13:44 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Answer this:

DOes IT win the SMOTY Award if he keeps this up AND we miss the playoffs?

EDIT: Wrong thread.

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2015, 10:15:00 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Admittedly, It's a Friday afternoon but Cousins at the 4 doesn't make any sense to me.

You're forgetting that this decision would be made by current Kings management (er, correction, OWNERSHIP); this means that anything is possible, especially the inadvisable...

Take it from a Sacramentan... ;D

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2015, 10:16:45 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
That article wasn't awesome... It just made me feel terrible because the Celtics likely won't be in a position to get either of them.

Well written, maybe, but definitely not awesome.  :P

I hear you.

It's been clear we will not be in the top of the lottery, but I remain hopeful we could get someone like WCS, even if we end up in the teens, by trading our pick plus Sully/KO, plus another first rounder. And I'm fine doing that.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2015, 10:27:15 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
I want to see WCS and Smart playing defense on the same team. With Bradley and Crowder.

..picturing that lineup just made me laugh so hard I snorted.
that would be fun to watch.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2015, 09:29:16 AM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Dakari Johnson is a money find if he falls to the second round as projected and we can't get wcs. Hollis-Jefferson with the Clippers pick?

Celts will have interesting opps no matter where they have theirs picks.