Author Topic: Our roster vs. Utah's roster  (Read 5872 times)

Re: Our roster vs. Utah's roster
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2015, 05:40:05 PM »

Offline giannellad3

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 0
Setting aside future draft picks, coaching and management, all clear wins for Boston, whose roster is better ours or Utah's?

My Player Ranks

1. Gobert
2. Hayward
3. Smart
4. Favors
5. Sully
6. Thomas
7. Bradey
8. Exum
9. KO
10. Young

The celtics play hard and are likable, but we still need some high-end talents. I trust Ainge to get it done sooner rather than later.

I would put Favors and Thomas ahead of Smart right now. Maybe even Bradley, too.

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2015, 07:07:46 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367

He's good, and maybe the Kanter distraction has held him back, but he's had a lot of talent for quite some time and the Jazz haven't even sniffed the playoffs. Yes, they're playing in the West, but how good would they really be in the East. I look at a team like Milwaukee as a similar leaguewide benchmark for Utah based on on-paper talent, and don't think they'd be as good as Milwaukee has been in an admittedly weak East.

What Stevens has done with this rollercoaster of a roster is real. He's building a culture that guys are starting to want to be a part of. No, we weren't the winners of a midseason "Decision," but JaVale McGee's interest in us should signal to fans that players are taking notice around the league what Stevens has done for Evan Turner, Crowder, Zeller, etc. What could he do with a borderline star like Reggie Jackson or Greg Monroe, or Quin Snyder's Gordon Hayward? A borderline superstar like DeMarcus Cousins? Let's hope we will soon find out, either through the development of Smart and Young among others, or through the acquisition of one of those players.

Quinn Snyder is a first year head coach and was in Atlanta last year.  The year before that he was in Moscow.  He's the real deal

Fair enough, my mistake. Thought he had that group last year as well. We'll see if he can do what others post-Sloan haven't been able to do.

edit: but I still think the argument can be made that we have the better coach.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2015, 07:26:51 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419

Fair enough, my mistake. Thought he had that group last year as well. We'll see if he can do what others post-Sloan haven't been able to do.

edit: but I still think the argument can be made that we have the better coach.

Oh, no doubt we do, but he's good.  Stevens is looking really impressive, I really hope he stays for 6 years.  I really hope we get some talent under him soon

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2015, 09:39:39 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Exum should be much higher and Hood is probably better than Young as of right now. As has been said, we have a far superior coach.

Hood, and almost every other NBA player, is definitely better right now, but my rankings are based on future projections. Young is still 19, so I'm being patient with him.

How high would you rank Exum? I haven't seen enough of him to be overly excited about his future.

I'm a huge fan of Sully and think Favors still has some untapped potential, but I can't stomach seeing Exum multiple spots below them. If you're factoring in projections as you say, a guy who has the ceiling that Exum does should probably be in the top 4.

I know Celtics fans think Smart is different in that he does all the little things to make them think he at least has a very high floor, but I'm sure if we all watched Exum every night we'd be oohing and aahing at a couple highlights on a weekly basis too. Both need substantially more time if they're going to become what they could be.

The hype on Exum is still based on all the pre-draft hoopla.  It has nothing to do with the start to his NBA career, which has been horrendous.

I know he's very young, but even at his age, he'd likely be showing a bit more than he has if he's going to some day reach the status of NBA star.

I think the kid's got bust written all over him, and I've thought so since before the draft.   
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2015, 09:50:05 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Exum should be much higher and Hood is probably better than Young as of right now. As has been said, we have a far superior coach.

Hood, and almost every other NBA player, is definitely better right now, but my rankings are based on future projections. Young is still 19, so I'm being patient with him.

How high would you rank Exum? I haven't seen enough of him to be overly excited about his future.

I'm a huge fan of Sully and think Favors still has some untapped potential, but I can't stomach seeing Exum multiple spots below them. If you're factoring in projections as you say, a guy who has the ceiling that Exum does should probably be in the top 4.

I know Celtics fans think Smart is different in that he does all the little things to make them think he at least has a very high floor, but I'm sure if we all watched Exum every night we'd be oohing and aahing at a couple highlights on a weekly basis too. Both need substantially more time if they're going to become what they could be.

The hype on Exum is still based on all the pre-draft hoopla.  It has nothing to do with the start to his NBA career, which has been horrendous.

I know he's very young, but even at his age, he'd likely be showing a bit more than he has if he's going to some day reach the status of NBA star.

I think the kid's got bust written all over him, and I've thought so since before the draft.

Both Exum and James Young have been bad as rookies, but both are so young that it's easy to cut them some slack.

The difference is that Exum was taken before Smart, Randle, Payton, Saric, LaVine and Nurkic.  Young was taken before Ennis, Mitch McGary and Hood.

Mike

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2015, 02:24:18 PM »

Offline Mass_1081

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 3
Setting aside future draft picks, coaching and management, all clear wins for Boston, whose roster is better ours or Utah's?

My Player Ranks

1. Gobert
2. Hayward
3. Smart
4. Favors
5. Sully
6. Thomas
7. Bradey
8. Exum
9. KO
10. Young

The celtics play hard and are likable, but we still need some high-end talents. I trust Ainge to get it done sooner rather than later.

On potential?
1)Gobert
2)hay
3)Favors
4)IT
5)Smart
6)Exum
7)Sullinger
8)KO
9)Bradley/Burke
10)Young/Hood

It's obvious Utah should be playing better, and might suffer for being in the west and poor coaching. However, Celtics lack a highly touted prospect(Gobert) or fringe allstar(favors/Hay). You might say IT is a fringe guy, but I think his defense its him a teir below.

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2015, 02:41:15 PM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics

My Player Ranks

1. Gobert
2. Hayward
3. Smart
4. Favors
5. Sully
6. Thomas
7. Bradey
8. Exum
9. KO
10. Young

Is this based on future production or current skill. Maybe I'm crazy, but I think Bass is a better player than KO at the moment.

No. You`re not crazy. He is much better, especially in defense. I also like Smart as a prospect, but at the moment his a bit overrated. Turner should be benched for  Crowder. No, let me rethink. Turner should be traded.