Author Topic: Glenn Robinson III waived  (Read 7385 times)

Re: Glenn Robinson III waived
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2015, 09:43:01 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I guess I'm skeptical of a super athletic 3 who works so hard being a second round pick waived for Jordan Hamilton.

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2015, 09:50:41 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
Curious that people drool over LeVine but somehow say GR III is "meh".

Not that I think both are special. They fall in the same category to me - freak athletes that bring nothing more to the table now, but might in the future.

The only difference I see is the one was taken in the lottery and the other in 2nd round.
well, here are few more differences:
lavine
20.6 m/g
7.5 pts/g
2.3 rbs/g
3 ast/g
45%/29%/81%

robinson iii
4.3 m/g
1.2 pts/g
0.6 rbs/g
0.1 ast/g (looked at another way, in 25 games he has 3 assists total)
39%/17%/75%

if i had to chose between these two, i would go with lavine...and its not just the draft slot that convinced me.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2015, 09:56:05 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
Is he that athletic? Never seemed so at Michigan or in Minnesota.
7th highest Max Vert for SF in the history of the combine at 41.5, 5th highest No step at 36.5 in history.

Kid can jump high.
kendrick brown, who had 46 1/2 inch vertical leap, says hi.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2015, 10:11:49 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Even more curious that GR III is meh, but James Young absolutely needs to be starting and playing more minutes.  ??? ??? ???
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2015, 10:22:41 AM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
7th highest Max Vert for SF in the history of the combine at 41.5, 5th highest No step at 36.5 in history.

Kid can jump high.

Please, read my posts. I DO NOT LOVE THE KID. Nor I say he is some kind of diamond in the rough we need to have at all costs.

All I am saying is we have a special athlete with or without good basketball skills (just as LaVine, to a lesser extend) we can take a look at at basically no costs.

He was considered a 1st round pick last year, had no playing time on a roster with 2 other SF projects and played out of position at PF in college. He is 21.

Would you consider taking him with a 2nd rounder this year?
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2015, 10:35:02 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja

Kid can jump high.

Please, read my posts. I DO NOT LOVE THE KID. Nor I say he is some kind of diamond in the rough we need to have at all costs.

All I am saying is we have a special athlete with or without good basketball skills (just as LaVine, to a lesser extend) we can take a look at at basically no costs.

He was considered a 1st round pick last year, had no playing time on a roster with 2 other SF projects and played out of position at PF in college. He is 21.

krum, i wasn't taking you to task. i was adding to the over all discussion on athleticism. obviously, it is not the end all and be all. nothing directed at you.

as for picking griii this year with a second rounder, do we know his performance in advance? if so no. if not, and based only on reports, i could see it happening, but not with the philly pick.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2015, 10:40:58 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
james young needs to work in gym,there is a video of ths kids working out and his kobe like intensity ,which would help young,kelly and sully-go get him danny -who needs shav or pressey-and its time for wallace to go-celtics need some length and vertical-young needs some playing time where he can attempt to create and get his shooting rythm back boot him to red claws on away games with robinson-

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2015, 10:42:50 AM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102

Kid can jump high.

CBS would have developed Kedrick!

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2015, 10:49:07 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I guess I'm skeptical of a super athletic 3 who works so hard being a second round pick waived for Jordan Hamilton.

He's a restricted free agent, and with Wiggins ahead of him, he's not going to have a role in Minnesota this year (recall that Robinson was drafted before Minny acquired Wiggins), and might not make sense to return next year.  Makes some sense to take a flyer on Jordan Justin Hamilton as a backup big for the future.

Should also be noted that he played his high school ball in Indiana and was recruited by Butler, so Stevens certainly knows his game.

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2015, 11:03:52 AM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72

Kid can jump high.

krum, i wasn't taking you to task. i was adding to the over all discussion on athleticism. obviously, it is not the end all and be all. nothing directed at you.

as for picking griii this year with a second rounder, do we know his performance in advance? if so no. if not, and based only on reports, i could see it happening, but not with the philly pick.
Sorry for the bold and overreaction.

Same for me. Not at 31-33 with Philly's, but maybe at around 40 with ours.

Not a big deal overall. I won't lose sleep if we stand pat. I am just hoping the C's somehow stumble upon a Danny-Green-II-almost-out-of-the-league guy that turns out being good. Probably or not it is this kid.

"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2015, 12:15:56 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Even more curious that GR III is meh, but James Young absolutely needs to be starting and playing more minutes.  ??? ??? ???
James has done much better in the d league. But I do agree that picking gr3 would be a nice move

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2015, 12:50:18 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
James has done much better in the d league. But I do agree that picking gr3 would be a nice move
Which is mostly because Glenn Robinson has never been to the D-League? :P
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2015, 12:53:38 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I'd love to get him and release Shav. Liked what I saw of GR3 at Michigan

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2015, 12:55:02 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
james young simply needs strength and ,drills and practice-not travelling for warmups and 10 minutes here or there-did you guys see the recen tGIFs on his defence-he has no creativity ,shakes in his game,he is simply nowhere near ready,no right hand and if goes into the paint he has one move--by the way guys, what is dantome wingspan-he reminds me of prince the way he runs plays.

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2015, 01:02:55 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
I am always in favor of signing on to guys with this amount of potential, if they are free.

Thomas Robinson falls into the same category. Even Austin Rivers too. See what you've got there to develop, and try to land a gem on the cheap. Never a bad idea.

Robinson and Young could grow into a solid wing rotation in coming years.