Author Topic: Glenn Robinson III waived  (Read 7348 times)

Glenn Robinson III waived
« on: March 06, 2015, 04:18:11 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/timberwolves-waive-forward-robinson-claim-center-hamilton-233031769--nba.html;_ylt=AwrBEiR3bvlUf2kAlQKZmolQ

In the theme of asset collection, should the Celtics claim him and waive Datome?  He still needs development, which he just wasn't going to get in Minnesota given that he is pretty duplicative with Wiggins (and not as good).  I see no harm in claiming him and sending him to the D-League. He wouldn't be playoff eligible, but I don't think having Luigi Datome on the roster is going to make or break us come April, should we even make it.

He's a restricted free agent this summer, with a qualifying offer of $1.045 million this summer.

Re: Glenn Robinson III waived
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 04:49:55 AM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
I have just seen Stein's twitter news.

GR III is an interesting cheap option to have at our weakest position. The question to me is who do we waive if we want him. It is up to Shav, Lil Phil or Gigi. I think Shavlik is the one to go.

Shav is as cool as it gets but we have more of what he brings. Zeller, Oly, JJ at 5, Oly, Bass, JJ, Crowder at the 4.

Pressey is kept purely for team atmosphere purposes. He seams to be a locker room favorite.

Now, Gigi. I've watched him in Europe and to me, he is clearly a NBA-caliber player. Plenty of talent, feel for the game, very good shooter and can create for himself. Deceptively athletic. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LK6aSGsrpg

I have no idea why he could not make it with Detroit so far but I have a purely irrational hope Brad can find a place for him.
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 05:21:49 AM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
I am sorry for kind of hijacking the thread with the Gigi video. GR III brings athleticism we lack with potential at a position of need at the price of waiving somebody and minimum cap space.

My point was, I think Gigi has talent and can make it in NBA. I think he is more talented than GR III. I'd just rather waive Shav and take on GR.
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 07:38:21 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Datome would be waived if it was up to me.

Pressey and shav are good practice players/energy guys to have on the team

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 07:42:12 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Meh ...pass

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 07:56:59 AM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
Curious that people drool over LeVine but somehow say GR III is "meh".

Not that I think both are special. They fall in the same category to me - freak athletes that bring nothing more to the table now, but might in the future.

The only difference I see is the one was taken in the lottery and the other in 2nd round.

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 08:15:01 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Gr3 is a tall guard that plays hard and is a very good athlete , that does not have one exceptional skill. 

I dont mind giving him a tryout for the rest of the season

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 08:27:22 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
highest standing vertical at combine,sounds good on a team that doesn't have that--he is a smart kid  and will like boston growing up in michigan-better to build a culture of players that want to be in boston as a team ,rather than free agency-

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2015, 08:43:41 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
his wing span 6-10 with lateral quicness-likes to play defense-right age-

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2015, 08:55:43 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
i like the idea of picking up athletic players that are not a fit elsewhere and giving them a go,last years draft was so loaded that some of thse players would now go much higher-he did have a look from boston pre draft-so danny knows this kid-

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2015, 08:59:59 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Is he that athletic? Never seemed so at Michigan or in Minnesota.

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2015, 09:06:46 AM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
7th highest Max Vert for SF in the history of the combine at 41.5, 5th highest No step at 36.5 in history.

Kid can jump high.

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2015, 09:16:02 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
7th highest Max Vert for SF in the history of the combine at 41.5, 5th highest No step at 36.5 in history.

Kid can jump high.
Jumping high is useful, but not really the biggest thing for athleticism.

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2015, 09:22:58 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
lateral quickness,wingspan and vertical,This is a hard working kid from 500 shots a day ,to gym and nutrition ,he has a kobe work regime-good for sully and james and kelly to have this kid around-

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2015, 09:41:15 AM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford

Kid can jump high.
Jumping high is useful, but not really the biggest thing for athleticism.

Pretty impressive agility too. The kid is a very, very good athlete.

Don't get me wrong, I am not in love with such players. Give me Slow Mo type skilled players any day of the week over high-fliers with no skill.

I just saw reports of high working ethic and, combined with his athletic gifts and low price, think he might be a good target. I will lose no sleep if we stand pat.