Author Topic: E'Twaun Moore - just can`t get over this guy  (Read 7859 times)

Re: E'Twaun Moore - just can`t get over this guy
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2015, 01:56:56 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Good news!
The Celtics can sign Moore over the summer if the Bulls don't pick up his option.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2015, 02:05:01 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
Yep, missing those 2 points per game.

Moore hit a go-ahead 3-pointer with 2.1 seconds left and the Chicago Bulls rallied to beat the Thunder 108-105 on Thursday night, ending Westbrook's triple-double streak at four.

After Moore's 3 put the Bulls up 107-105, Westbrook stepped out of bounds after taking the inbounds pass, not seeing that Serge Ibaka was open for a potential tying shot.
Diggles

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2015, 02:26:21 PM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
E'Twaun Moore hit some big 4th quarter 3 pointers in the playoffs against the Miami Heat as a Celtic.

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2015, 02:58:39 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
Between Moore's big shot last night and Bill Walker starting for Miami I feel like I am in some bizarre universe where Jr Giddens is going to suddenly appear on the Knicks roster and be a dunking machine.

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2015, 03:01:15 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
If anything, it's another example of Danny's drafting ability.  He knows guys that will blow up, even if granted it takes forever.  He is a great scout

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2015, 03:02:48 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Quote from: Quetzalcoatl link  ::)=topic=76749.msg1840578#msg1840578 date=1425672075
If anything, it's another example of Danny's drafting ability.  He knows guys that will blow up, even if granted it takes forever.  He is a great scout

And docs ineptness to use young players :P

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2015, 03:02:49 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

It is also crazy Gerald Green became a rotation player on a decent team after falling out of the league for a few years...

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2015, 03:50:16 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

It is also crazy Gerald Green became a rotation player on a decent team after falling out of the league for a few years...

I actually think that some guys just need the experience of falling out of the league and playing overseas if they have attitude/maturity issues. 
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2015, 04:04:17 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

I actually think that some guys just need the experience of falling out of the league and playing overseas if they have attitude/maturity issues.

Perhaps, but it seems really unusual for a mid 1st round pick to go out of the league for 2.5 seasons and then come back and be a really solid rotation player for a number of years (not just making it back and see 2 minutes a game). I am sure there are some, but can't really think of many examples in recent times. I feel like someone like Whiteside who is a second round pick it is more likely to happen cause they can get bounced out of the league after a half a season (or no time) and are not given time to grow. 1st rounders, especially top 20 are usually given at least 2 to 3 years to see if they belong in the league.

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2015, 04:35:45 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593

Perhaps, but it seems really unusual for a mid 1st round pick to go out of the league for 2.5 seasons and then come back and be a really solid rotation player for a number of years (not just making it back and see 2 minutes a game). I am sure there are some, but can't really think of many examples in recent times. I feel like someone like Whiteside who is a second round pick it is more likely to happen cause they can get bounced out of the league after a half a season (or no time) and are not given time to grow. 1st rounders, especially top 20 are usually given at least 2 to 3 years to see if they belong in the league.

Anthony Parker (#21 in '97) is probably the only other guy who I'd say has done that.

I guess it's probably about time I let go of my dreams of Kedrick Brown joining that group, since he turns 34 in a couple of weeks.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2015, 04:50:32 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Hit a heckuva shot last night and played some solid defense but let's not go overboard on this guy.  Situational/deep bench guy at most.

I wouldn't be mourning "what could have been" too hard.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2015, 05:10:03 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402

Anthony Parker (#21 in '97) is probably the only other guy who I'd say has done that.

I guess it's probably about time I let go of my dreams of Kedrick Brown joining that group, since he turns 34 in a couple of weeks.

I'm still hoping Fab Melo can make a comeback in a few years time.

I was disappointed to see him go back to Brazil though instead of Europe. I think he would have gotten better coaching and played against a higher level of competition in Europe. He certainly has the size and athleticism to be a useful NBA center. A few years of game experience and hands-on coaching in Europe could do wonders for his NBA prospects.

Much less optimistic about an NBA comeback after he went to Brazil instead of Europe. Hopefully he moves to a good European team in the near future. Someone who is committed to developing him.

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2015, 07:08:16 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Hit a heckuva shot last night and played some solid defense but let's not go overboard on this guy.  Situational/deep bench guy at most.

I wouldn't be mourning "what could have been" too hard.

What I mourn is that he probably could have given us most of what Courtney Lee gave (which wasn't much), when we traded Moore and three second rounders to acquire Lee, as well as one to get rid of Lee.

Would be have made or broken our team? No.  But it would have been nice to have those three second-rounders and Moore the next spring when Rondo got hurt and Lee was in the Dochouse, since perhaps we'd have had more flexibility to acquire a better replacement than Jordan Crawford.

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2015, 09:59:49 AM »

Offline Al91

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 18
Yep, missing those 2 points per game.

Moore hit a go-ahead 3-pointer with 2.1 seconds left and the Chicago Bulls rallied to beat the Thunder 108-105 on Thursday night, ending Westbrook's triple-double streak at four.

After Moore's 3 put the Bulls up 107-105, Westbrook stepped out of bounds after taking the inbounds pass, not seeing that Serge Ibaka was open for a potential tying shot.

Moore's game-winning shot didn't end Westbrook's streak of Triple Doubles. Westbrook and his team failed to pad the stats gifting him a Triple Double.

Serge was open for a split second before being covered again, albeit by a smaller player. That split second wouldn't have been enough to get the ball to him for an uncontested shot in either case.

There are plenty of fringe NBA players who have a great game here and there for an NBA team. JaJuan Johnson had a great 12pt game against the Bulls as a Celtic four or five years ago. Would that qualify as a similar game to Moore's a couple nights ago?

Moore's game-winning shot, and overall game, may increase his PPG average for this season slightly. However, it will not affect his PPG number with the Celtics for his two or so years with us.  Packaging Moore for Courtney Lee was the best thing could do with Moore for where the Celtics were at the time.
Long-form is far from dead, but please refrain from paragraph-laden posts! Who wants to read that?!

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2015, 10:13:01 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
Quote from: Quetzalcoatl link  ::)=topic=76749.msg1840578#msg1840578 date=1425672075

And docs ineptness to use young players :P
cb myth. this was debunked a number of times a few years ago.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva