Author Topic: Celtics (24-35) at Pelicans (33-28) Game #60 3/6/15  (Read 48312 times)

Re: Celtics (24-35) at Pelicans (33-28) Game #60 3/6/15
« Reply #300 on: March 06, 2015, 10:38:08 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551
Welp......they had the STAR ......the two biggest centers or three centers actually ......we had the shortest player .......we have no stars ...rookies and few role players ...and cast offs

Still we won .

Our coach schooled their crappy coach

yep.

AD and asik

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH yet we still won

suck it peli clowns

I think they need a new coach and get rid of Coles
no, no. the answer to their woes is to trade davis for bass straight up.  ;D

Nope .....Bass is our secret weapon .....his bumbling ways confuses the other team into thinking this will be a easy game .....their fall into a false sense of security ....then we bring in our midget .....and beat the socks off the other team.... ;D

lolololol
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #301 on: March 06, 2015, 10:38:46 PM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
Welp......they had the STAR ......the two biggest centers or three centers actually ......we had the shortest player .......we have no stars ...rookies and few role players ...and cast offs

Still we won .

Our coach schooled their crappy coach

yep.

AD and asik

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH yet we still won

suck it peli clowns

I think they need a new coach and get rid of Coles
no, no. the answer to their woes is to trade davis for bass straight up.  ;D
if Danny can get this done, statue upfront for him for sure.lol

« Reply #302 on: March 06, 2015, 11:24:24 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Brad Stevens is one heck of a coach. He may not have the weight of Doc Rivers, but the guy is perfect for this team at this time..
in a few years he will widely be considered one of the best coaches in the league. another great move by danny.

I had a guy on these forums tell me the other day in all seriousness that Stevens is one of the NBA's five worst coaches.

How many games where we play like this, win or lose, before that stops?

It might help his case if he could coach a team to a winning season. Or at least .500.

Either way, good win, fun game. Anthony Davis is really impressive. Nice to see a wild James Young in his natural habitat. I want to see him stay with the Celtics just so I can watch his jumper.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #303 on: March 07, 2015, 12:45:24 AM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
Brad Stevens is one heck of a coach. He may not have the weight of Doc Rivers, but the guy is perfect for this team at this time..
in a few years he will widely be considered one of the best coaches in the league. another great move by danny.

I had a guy on these forums tell me the other day in all seriousness that Stevens is one of the NBA's five worst coaches.

How many games where we play like this, win or lose, before that stops?

It might help his case if he could coach a team to a winning season. Or at least .500.

Either way, good win, fun game. Anthony Davis is really impressive. Nice to see a wild James Young in his natural habitat. I want to see him stay with the Celtics just so I can watch his jumper.

I get that in the NBA wins are the only things that matter with head coaches, especially to owners. But basketball more than any other sport necessitates talent. No matter how good your scheme is, or how well you motivate you just can't win consistently without an above-average roster.

That's why I think Stevens has done a good job here. We have a some decent young guys with potential and Thomas has been big but at this moment, the team were putting out there every night is one of the 5 or so least talented rosters in the entire league. But we've been competitive every night, hardly ever getting blown out. At some point in the past month we finally learned how to close a game, and IT has made us even better at that. From a roster full of guys under 26 and some spare parts, Stevens is overachieving to just about the ceiling of what this group can do. Excellent hire by Ainge. Could be the feather in the cap to our rebuild. Deff not one of the worst 5 coaches around.

I'm sure we can all agree that this team is real fun to watch.

« Reply #304 on: March 07, 2015, 01:07:01 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
One thing we've seen less of in the recent wins is the "everybody plays, nobody plays more than 35 minutes" rotation.  Why?  Is it injuries, guys playing better or has Stevens figured out it was not going to work?

Mike

« Reply #305 on: March 07, 2015, 02:34:48 AM »

Offline J. Cole

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
Nice win tonight  ;D

Also great that the Nets lost which increases our playoff chances and helps gives us a better pick! So many reasons to root against the Nets especially now that KG and Pierce are gone from that dumpster

Sucks that the Pacers won though. Really wished that Moore would help us out  :-[

« Reply #306 on: March 07, 2015, 04:29:41 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
we HAVE to drop Turner lika  a bad habit... he flat out sucks.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #307 on: March 07, 2015, 06:40:39 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
could you please be a teeny bit more specific?

« Reply #308 on: March 07, 2015, 07:26:26 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
okay, i totally overreacted, but no way can he play 30+ minutes, he just can't score or be a threath on the offense, i'd rather have Crowder or Young playing 10-13 of his minutes.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #309 on: March 07, 2015, 08:04:20 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
okay, i totally overreacted, but no way can he play 30+ minutes, he just can't score or be a threath on the offense, i'd rather have Crowder or Young playing 10-13 of his minutes.

Didn't Turner get 16/6/6 last night?  What game did you watch?

« Reply #310 on: March 07, 2015, 08:25:19 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
As a total non sequitur, I'd like to point out that I love what Isaiah Thomas has brought to this team.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #311 on: March 07, 2015, 08:57:40 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
He may be ball dominant and not the most efficient but I definitely think he can score, at least against backups

« Reply #312 on: March 07, 2015, 09:16:03 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
He may be ball dominant and not the most efficient but I definitely think he can score, at least against backups

I like Turners confidence ,  even if it is a false one so to,speak .....he is always positive , smiling and thinks he can make the next big play .   He does turn the ball over ,   But you can not say he is bad for lack of trying.   Long as he plays in close uses his length advantage I can live with most of his play .  I don 't like him shooting threes at all .....ever.

Turner is usually the first to make a bucket when the Celtics go for three minutes shooting bricks.  He scores at odd times and losses his shot at odd times.  I generally enjoy his trying to make a play ....

« Reply #313 on: March 07, 2015, 09:25:11 AM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
That was about as steady of a game as they've played all year.  No real long lapses.  Bradley being out makes the starting lineup pretty sparse offensively. 

Kelly needs to shake off the rust.  He has a huge opportunity.
Yup

« Reply #314 on: March 07, 2015, 09:30:15 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
As a total non sequitur, I'd like to point out that I love what Isaiah Thomas has brought to this team.
yes, he has been far better than i anticipated. i dont know if he can keep up this level of play, but i sure hope so. he has been terrific.

my only caveat, and a small one, is that when he is in the game, most of the scoring seems to flow through him. i can understand why, but it also means others are not involved in the offense as much since "thomas is [dang] well going to take this next shot."

actually, he reminds me a tiny bit of when i would watch iverson play with his "give me the ball and stay out of my way" style. thomas is NOT that bad, but his scoring seems to come more from individual effort than from within team play/flow.

maybe this is a result of him being the only real scorer on the team, and he will change is someone else can score? maybe. (and of course, i may just be flat out wrong and seeing only those plays that support my personal views. ha!!)

this is a key reason why i think he is a great bench player. most bench players are not scorers, thus the offense drops off when the bench enters the game. but with thomas, such is not the case. he is an industrial strength microwave.

also, in the 4th quarter the celtics need a go-to guy, and thomas is certainly that.

so, yeah, great pick up by ainge, and so far i like how CBS is using thomas to maximize his strengths.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva