Author Topic: C's close to signing Javale McGee (not no more!)  (Read 46379 times)

Re: C's close to signing Javale McGee (not no more!)
« Reply #270 on: March 05, 2015, 11:36:21 PM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
A bit of a weird move for our rebuilding team
He's a shot blocker but can make some bad plays occasionally

I don't mind that we inquired about signing him and I don't mind that we didn't get him

He would be a good bench player in the right situation and depending on the contract

Ainge probably tried to get a steal and use as trade fodder for more assets
as McGee got compensated all his money from Philly so he probly thought that McGee would take a discount

Also the difference betwee team and player option probably meant ainge was trying to get a flexible contract in case McGee is the shaq tin a fool version of himself

« Reply #271 on: March 06, 2015, 01:02:11 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Thank god.
Don't need any more capspace taken up by medicore boneheads who we hope to flip for 2nd round picks. We already have Evan Turner next season.

McGee's hormones have done something to his brain when they were going into overdrive making him so huge. He's like a 16 yeard old with ADD.

For me it's more about keeping this bum out of our locker room. 76ers realized this pretty quickly too.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #272 on: March 06, 2015, 01:05:10 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
lol Ainge was not about to get himself another Fab Melo!!!

« Reply #273 on: March 06, 2015, 01:19:54 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Who needs Javale when we have IT in the middle  ;)

at about the :42 second mark

http://youtu.be/PBJC4PkxLO0?t=42s
lol I hadn't seen that before.  Funny stuff.

« Reply #274 on: March 06, 2015, 11:21:17 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
I think he is better off somewhere else. Hopefully we will get one in the draft.
He is a serious bonehead i don't think even our coach can save.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 11:28:26 AM by spikelovetheCelts »
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #275 on: March 16, 2015, 03:21:32 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
With limited options, I wonder if he'll how reconsider the 2 year deal we offered.

Spears-
The Mavericks have lost interest in free-agent center JaVale McGee and aren’t seeking any more roster additions, a source told Yahoo Sports.

« Reply #276 on: March 16, 2015, 03:41:36 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
With limited options, I wonder if he'll how reconsider the 2 year deal we offered.

Spears-
The Mavericks have lost interest in free-agent center JaVale McGee and aren’t seeking any more roster additions, a source told Yahoo Sports.

At this point as well as we've been playing with a pretty consistent rotation, I'm not even sure he's worth chancing it at the moment, unless JV accepts our deal and Danny sees him purely as a value move for next year at this point.

« Reply #277 on: March 16, 2015, 03:55:26 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

Spears-

At this point as well as we've been playing with a pretty consistent rotation, I'm not even sure he's worth chancing it at the moment, unless JV accepts our deal and Danny sees him purely as a value move for next year at this point.

No, definitely not as part of our rotation. However, replacing Randolph, as a 5th big, with a team option for next year really has no drawback.

« Reply #278 on: March 16, 2015, 03:58:01 PM »

Offline 35Lewis

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 42

Spears-

I understand Dallas passing because they've got some decent options for big men and could've added Jermaine O'Neal if they were worried. 

I think Javale turning down the Celtics epitomizes everything that is fundamentally wrong with him as a player.  He just doesn't think.  Turner was smart enough to realize he needed a fresh start and exposure why can't this giy figure it out? It's not like he didn't get all his money for next year.

He's either listening to all the wrong people or his really is the dumbest guy in the NBA.

What a shame too, all that length and talent wasted on a guy like him, it's like Jonah Falcon except in basketball.

« Reply #279 on: March 16, 2015, 04:10:06 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
If I were McGee's agent, I would counsel him against giving the Celtics a team option without shopping himself around first.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #280 on: March 16, 2015, 04:13:19 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
If I were McGee's agent, I would counsel him against giving the Celtics a team option without shopping himself around first.

He still has two weeks to make a decision, if he's hoping to land on the roster of a playoff team. Plenty of time to field offers and/or wait for the injury bug to strike.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #281 on: March 16, 2015, 04:15:51 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

Spears-

I understand Dallas passing because they've got some decent options for big men and could've added Jermaine O'Neal if they were worried. 

I think Javale turning down the Celtics epitomizes everything that is fundamentally wrong with him as a player.  He just doesn't think.  Turner was smart enough to realize he needed a fresh start and exposure why can't this giy figure it out? It's not like he didn't get all his money for next year.

He's either listening to all the wrong people or his really is the dumbest guy in the NBA.

What a shame too, all that length and talent wasted on a guy like him, it's like Jonah Falcon except in basketball.

I really doubt McGee is going rogue and not adhering to his agent's advice.

These are BJ Armstrong's other clients:
http://hoopshype.com/agents/bj_armstrong.htm

« Reply #282 on: March 16, 2015, 04:20:36 PM »

Offline 35Lewis

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 42

Spears-

I don't think he's going rogue but I think it's bad advice.  It's great advice from a financial aspect and that's the agents job but he needs to be put in an environment where he can showcase his skills and show that he's got something upstairs.  Some agents look to place their clients in good situations to prolong their NBA time.

« Reply #283 on: March 16, 2015, 04:41:05 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393

Spears-

I don't think he's going rogue but I think it's bad advice.  It's great advice from a financial aspect and that's the agents job but he needs to be put in an environment where he can showcase his skills and show that he's got something upstairs.  Some agents look to place their clients in good situations to prolong their NBA time.

I think there a certain kind of common nba sense that is flying out the window with Javale and whatever his agent are trying to do right now. The truth is McGee has played under 30 games in the last two seasons combined. He just needs to be on a court somewhere whether it be on the Celtics, the d-league or in a European league. People need to see he can be focused serious and can play. The Celtics gave him a chance and he would have at least got some rotation minutes for a team that was not tanking. Him ending up sitting out the rest of the season can't possibly be a better alternative to that. Maybe some team will emerge out of nowhere and offer him a better deal or offer than the Celtics, but it is unclear why that would happen. He has absolutely no leverage, has no recent game film or success to point to and should be thankful a team would even consider giving him court time considering what he shown the last two seasons.

« Reply #284 on: March 16, 2015, 06:02:15 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
There's too much of a chance that Boston drafts a center or signs a free agent.  If McGee gives up control of next season, he should be looking for the team where he is least likely to end up as a healthy third string center.  I'd argue that the Celtics aren't that team.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference