Author Topic: C's close to signing Javale McGee (not no more!)  (Read 46400 times)

Re: C's close to signing Javale McGee (not no more!)
« Reply #255 on: March 05, 2015, 06:51:50 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Ainge is something else =D

Team option vs player option is a big difference.

And now the league knows (if it ever was a surprise) that the Celts are looking for an athletic big.

You almost want to draft WCS right before the Celtics pick and have them surrender extra assets with their 1st

This should show that we aren't going to give up any and everything just to get one. I'm sure Ainge has had a shot at a few bigs but he isn't going to do it unless he feels he gets good value.

It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #256 on: March 05, 2015, 07:06:03 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Most exciting rumored acquisition since Will Solomon.

Who ???

« Reply #257 on: March 05, 2015, 07:09:43 PM »

Offline Waew

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 50
ainge is commited to having flexible cap space next season.

« Reply #258 on: March 05, 2015, 07:23:51 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

And now the league knows (if it ever was a surprise) that the Celts are looking for an athletic big.

You almost want to draft WCS right before the Celtics pick and have them surrender extra assets with their 1st

I think this shows exactly the opposite:  Celtics are not that desperate for a role player that they will compromise their flexibility.  They are doing things on their terms.

« Reply #259 on: March 05, 2015, 07:30:57 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Every team does things on their own terms.

« Reply #260 on: March 05, 2015, 07:40:08 PM »

Offline YeezusChrist

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
Who needs Javale when we have IT in the middle  ;)

at about the :42 second mark

http://youtu.be/PBJC4PkxLO0?t=42s

« Reply #261 on: March 05, 2015, 08:13:49 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

I think this shows exactly the opposite:  Celtics are not that desperate for a role player that they will compromise their flexibility.  They are doing things on their terms.

Good pt. But still. He said we need an athletic big and dont really have someone like that  for offense and defense this morning.

Sort of wish he said nothing.

« Reply #262 on: March 05, 2015, 08:22:24 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

Kind of a Patriots type of decision
Yup

« Reply #263 on: March 05, 2015, 08:27:50 PM »

Online Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 151
Evan Turner stinks I'm not surprised the 76's let him go.  Can't shoot, can't pass, he's over-rated.  We are going to regret ever ....oops sorry,.. I thought the post was about Evan Turner.   ;D

« Reply #264 on: March 05, 2015, 08:31:42 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

Good pt. But still. He said we need an athletic big and dont really have someone like that  for offense and defense this morning.

Sort of wish he said nothing.

Ehh, not like Ainge released some nuclear secrets

Anybody with a basketball brain can take a look at our roster and see we're missing an athletic, shot blocking center.

I think he was stating the obvious.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #265 on: March 05, 2015, 09:04:49 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Who needs Javale when we have IT in the middle  ;)

at about the :42 second mark

http://youtu.be/PBJC4PkxLO0?t=42s

lol, I love his dunk attempts

« Reply #266 on: March 05, 2015, 09:48:17 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Where is Vitor Faverini these days?  Lol I'd take him over Shav as a back up big.

Re: C's close to signing Javale McGee
« Reply #267 on: March 05, 2015, 10:23:32 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
Million dollar athleticism, 5 cent brain.

I think that we have to be careful about that.  McGale like a number of players in all sports, has allowed nerves and excitement rattle his play-no doubt.  But I think pundits and fans sometimes put professional players in a box: tag them, name call them.  I think we all have played with or been on teams with these kind of players.  McGee is one of them.  He gets out of position and makes some mistakes.  For the amount of minutes he has played in his basketball career, he has made alot of good decisions.  its just the bad ones- are mistakes that make us say OMG I can't believe he just made that play.  McGee has alot more than 5 cent brain.  Just sayin.....
Be kind.
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

Re: C's close to signing Javale McGee
« Reply #268 on: March 05, 2015, 10:35:39 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Million dollar athleticism, 5 cent brain.

I think that we have to be careful about that.  McGale like a number of players in all sports, has allowed nerves and excitement rattle his play-no doubt.  But I think pundits and fans sometimes put professional players in a box: tag them, name call them.  I think we all have played with or been on teams with these kind of players.  McGee is one of them.  He gets out of position and makes some mistakes.  For the amount of minutes he has played in his basketball career, he has made alot of good decisions.  its just the bad ones- are mistakes that make us say OMG I can't believe he just made that play.  McGee has alot more than 5 cent brain.  Just sayin.....
Be kind.

I guess you take your board name seriously.  Thanks for the life lesson.
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #269 on: March 05, 2015, 11:07:54 PM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122

I think Danny Ainge falls asleep at night dreaming about teams above him drafting on any other basis than best player available.