Author Topic: C's close to signing Javale McGee (not no more!)  (Read 46378 times)

Re: C's close to signing Javale McGee
« Reply #195 on: March 05, 2015, 02:56:31 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Bah ahah that's why you don't get caught up in rumors I suppose.  Funny how things work these days.

But yeah, agreed with j804 I'd rather not overpay.
I dont get your point. The rumor was correct, McGee was in talks with the Celtics.

You missed all the "McGee signs with Celtics" headlines and reports I guess.  Like the one on the front page of the website you're on.

The new front page picture and story is pretty perfect, though.

Yes I laughed out loud.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #196 on: March 05, 2015, 02:56:41 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
This is ridiculous. I'm glad they didn't give him a player option though. I wonder if another team will give him a player option or if he comes back here when he realizes he can't get it.

I feel like at least one team on the cusp of the playoffs will not be in on this year's FA class and give it to him.

« Reply #197 on: March 05, 2015, 02:57:02 PM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
Free agents do not want to come to Boston. Period. I assure you he will take this deal with a team option in a place like LA or Miami because of the weather. No one wants to be in cold Boston with record snowfalls. Maybe if the player is 37 and at the end of the road Boston would be a fit. But this is why tanking is the ONLY option.

« Reply #198 on: March 05, 2015, 02:57:57 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
Free agents do not want to come to Boston. Period. I assure you he will take this deal with a team option in a place like LA or Miami because of the weather. No one wants to be in cold Boston with record snowfalls. Maybe if the player is 37 and at the end of the road Boston would be a fit. But this is why tanking is the ONLY option.

Yes Javale was the key to 18!!

« Reply #199 on: March 05, 2015, 02:57:59 PM »

Offline Waew

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 50
maybe. We'll see.

« Reply #200 on: March 05, 2015, 03:03:37 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

I wouldn't be shocked if McGee ended up in a warm weather location like Toronto.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #201 on: March 05, 2015, 03:04:29 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas

I wouldn't be shocked if McGee ended up in a warm weather location like Toronto.

This whole thing has brought some laughs into my life today so there's that!

« Reply #202 on: March 05, 2015, 03:08:00 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I haven't been this devastated since Will Solomon.

« Reply #203 on: March 05, 2015, 03:11:23 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I haven't been this devastated since Will Solomon.

Please don't, some wounds are too deep to ever be opened.

At least Will really was ours...for a little while...

« Reply #204 on: March 05, 2015, 03:18:00 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I want my money back lol

Danny Ainge , what a tease. He could of just said ,no comment during the radio show

« Reply #205 on: March 05, 2015, 03:19:34 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
What the frack?!

I go do a chest workout excited about our new big man, and I come out to see this BS plastered all over my phone?!

I knew I should've listened to my fat, lazy inner self today and not worked out. Maybe they could've came to an agreement then! #thebutterflyeffect

« Reply #206 on: March 05, 2015, 03:20:38 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
your usual spew of nonsense.

boston has no problem attracting FAs.  Red Sox, Pats and Bruins all bear this out.  C's haven't had the $ to chase top FA's.  mid-level/cheap FA's are all they've had a shot at and they've had some fair success (Posey, House, PJ Brown, Cassell, Sheed, Mikki Moore, Shaq, Jermaine, etc..).  A lot has to do with the roster make-up and how much $ is being offered. 

« Reply #207 on: March 05, 2015, 03:25:38 PM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
your usual spew of nonsense.

boston has no problem attracting FAs.  Red Sox, Pats and Bruins all bear this out.  C's haven't had the $ to chase top FA's.  mid-level/cheap FA's are all they've had a shot at and they've had some fair success (Posey, House, PJ Brown, Cassell, Sheed, Mikki Moore, Shaq, Jermaine, etc..).  A lot has to do with the roster make-up and how much $ is being offered.

Uh huh. And how old were they? You decided not to read my whole post. All of those guys you mentioned with the exception of House who was overrated were at the end of their careers. Boston will never attract a superstar that's a given. Now they can't even attract reclamation projects. TANKING is the only option.

« Reply #208 on: March 05, 2015, 03:32:08 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Well, at least we won't have to worry about any "Shaqtin' a Fool" episodes in Green ;D

In all seriousness though, I was a bit excited until I read Jeff Clarke's statement on the Blog front page about the deal falling through.

I remember the DEN-LA series from a few years ago when he and DEN took LA to seven games. He played well that series, to the tune of 9 pts, 10 rebs, and over 3 blocks in just over 25 min per game.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/mcgeeja01.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDqQuB_aPak

He'll find a home one of these days and play quite well, I'm sure.

« Reply #209 on: March 05, 2015, 03:33:26 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
What the frack?!

I go do a chest workout excited about our new big man, and I come out to see this BS plastered all over my phone?!

I knew I should've listened to my fat, lazy inner self today and not worked out. Maybe they could've came to an agreement then! #thebutterflyeffect

It's not your fault -- I sat at my desk all day. Blame me.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.