Author Topic: 2015 Patriots Football  (Read 150562 times)

Re: 2015 Patriots Football
« Reply #540 on: November 30, 2015, 12:15:47 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Dianna Marie Russini ‏@diannaESPN 4m4 minutes ago

Sources tell me pending MRI, Rob Gronkowski's injury is not as bad as it looked. #Patriots

https://twitter.com/diannaespn?lang=en

let's hope....

« Reply #541 on: November 30, 2015, 12:19:08 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Gronk just bent both legs to pick something up. Moving OK...

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe 56s56 seconds ago

Gronk walking out. No crutches. Barely a limp. Not talking to the media.

« Reply #542 on: November 30, 2015, 12:20:03 AM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215

Sources tell me pending MRI, Rob Gronkowski's injury is not as bad as it looked. #Patriots

let's hope....
If true, just sit him til playoffs.

« Reply #543 on: November 30, 2015, 12:22:19 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

let's hope....
Can't do that, you're playing for home court here. Don't want to be going back to Mile High in January.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #544 on: November 30, 2015, 12:22:31 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
You have to take out a guy's knee within a quarter of your guy's knee being hurt and you gotta let em know about it.

Right after the game you gotta go up to the coach and say "That's really awful what happened to your guy's knee, right after my guy got hurt. Funny how things happen like that" and walk away.

The targeting of Gronk's knees stop when you do that and not one minute sooner. It's nowhere near the first time this year or in years previous.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 12:28:05 AM by eja117 »

« Reply #545 on: November 30, 2015, 12:24:48 AM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo

let's hope....
Can't do that, you're playing for home court here. Don't want to be going back to Mile High in January.
no way. Gronk is way more important than where they play that game. Gotta let that knee get solid.

« Reply #546 on: November 30, 2015, 12:26:30 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
You have to take out a guy's knee within a quarter of your guy's knee being hurt and you gotta let em know about it.

Right after the game you gotta go up to the coach and say "That's really awful what happened to your guy's knee, right after my guy get hurt. Funny how things happen like that" and walk away.

The targeting of Gronk's knees stop when you do that and not one minute sooner. It's nowhere near the first time this year or in years previous.
I still don't understand why targeting a player's knees with a hit is allowed at all (I lied: a blown knee doesn't give you brain damage, therefore the player safety guys are not really interested in that one).

Anything below the thighs should be arm tackles only. If you can't bring a guy down that way, it's your own problem.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #547 on: November 30, 2015, 12:42:30 AM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Nice presser by Bill so far. Like how he's trying to rally his guys by saying he likes how they responded and is proud of them.

« Reply #548 on: November 30, 2015, 12:44:15 AM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Every other answer has been short lol

« Reply #549 on: November 30, 2015, 12:45:34 AM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Bill is unbreakable

« Reply #550 on: November 30, 2015, 12:50:24 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
This may be my last chance at an optomistic post fof the Pats this year since we don't know the extent of Gronks injury, so I'll use it to hope Danny will be back next week, Gronk will have a severe bone bruise and miss a couple weeks, an Edelman will be back for the first playoff game.  Somehow we keep home field and charge into the playoffs healthy and ready.

Glad the undefeated season is done.

In a way, I'm also glad the undefeated season is no more. As I've said before, I think not losing during the '07 regular season hurt that team in the long run.

That said, I've gotta lay into the Pats for yet again failing to run out the clock. I've lost count of how many times this team has had the ball, with the lead, with about 3 minutes or less remaining, and all they have to do is get one or two first downs and the game is over, but they fail to do that, and the opponent gets one more shot at victory—sometimes failing, sometimes succeeding. It's something the Patriots are just not very good at, and it came back to bite them tonight.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #551 on: November 30, 2015, 12:59:16 AM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Still p---ed that Stewart went for Gronk's knee twice. No way he wasn't trying to take Gronk out.

« Reply #552 on: November 30, 2015, 01:14:52 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Still p---ed that Stewart went for Gronk's knee twice. No way he wasn't trying to take Gronk out.

It is what it is.  Gronk's gotta deal with that every game of his career.  The Pats needs to be able to protect him by not over-using him and putting him in tough spots.  But they've had so many injuries they can't afford not to use Gronk when they have him.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #553 on: November 30, 2015, 01:27:10 AM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Play that knocked Hightower out looked dirty also. Dude chop blocked him at the knees.

« Reply #554 on: November 30, 2015, 08:25:26 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Play that knocked Hightower out looked dirty also. Dude chop blocked him at the knees.
I thought another Patriot just landed on him. Seemed like a freak thing.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 08:51:26 AM by kozlodoev »