Author Topic: 2015 Patriots Football  (Read 149646 times)

2015 Patriots Football
« on: March 05, 2015, 09:17:45 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
So it begins. The Patriots have declined Wilfork's option. I wonder what's next.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Re: 2015 Patriots Football
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 09:22:05 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Probably bargain shopping with the Pats secondary. That's their traditional path.

Oh and they'll trade down in the draft, probably 3 times at least.

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 09:38:01 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
For the cap hit, they pretty much had to do it.  The writing was on the wall last off-season.  It was actually kinda shocking that they were able to work things out & he was able to come back this past season. 

Helluva Patriot.  One of my alltime fav Pats.  Own a #75.  I remember the day he was drafted, when he started slipping & hoping that he would fall to the Pats.  When he did & the Pats got him, I was pumped.  I had watched a ton of those early 2000s Hurricane teams & knew he was a force.  A guy that big but with serious wheels & agility?  Still amazes me that he fell in that draft.  Nice storybook ending for his Pats career if this is really the end;  Super Bowl rings in his rookie year & his last year with the Pats.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 12:09:23 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Nice to see the league saw through Woody Johnson's laughable counter of a tampering charge.  Now to that other matter of #Deflategate......

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN  ·  7m 7 minutes ago
League source: NFL fines Jets $100,000 in Revis tampering case. No docking of draft picks. Patriots not fined. Full Story coming #nyj

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Re: Patriots & NFL Free Agency Updates 2015
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 08:13:06 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2015, 12:05:32 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Nicely done ... and I didn't expect anything LESS, personally.

Tom with a (unofficial) 143.8 QBR and four TD passes, three to the amazing Rob Gronkowski!

Julian Edelman with a great night as well, and Amendola with some nice play, along with some exciting running by Dion Lewis, who could have a big year here!

Great win ... GO PATRIOTS!!!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2015, 12:19:45 AM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Yeah great game. The offense looked sharp for the most part outside of some missed long throws by Tom, but other than that Brady looks as good as he's ever been. The defense was bend but don't break. I loved that they got themselves together when it counted the most just like most Patriots defenses are. The secondary IMO held its ground relatively well for how young and inexperienced it is, but the front 7 disappointed me because I thought they would be better than they are. Deangelo Williams ran all over them.

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2015, 12:20:14 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
NFL to start a $5M investigation on radio interference. Suspect the New England Patriots are behind it since their's were working and Pittsburgh wasn't.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

P.S. Great win by Tommy B! He was almost perfect with properly inflated footballs tonight! That run D though needs to be fixed...

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2015, 01:02:19 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Looked solid tonight, but will be a challenging year. Took significant hits on both sides of the ball this offseason, especially on defense, but can see this new Chandler-Gronk duo working nicely with Edelman and Blount carrying their weight. Just love that they won in convincing fashion tonight...
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 01:07:28 AM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2015, 07:59:59 AM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
NFL to start a $5M investigation on radio interference. Suspect the New England Patriots are behind it since their's were working and Pittsburgh wasn't.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

P.S. Great win by Tommy B! He was almost perfect with properly inflated footballs tonight! That run D though needs to be fixed...

Just to be clear because the media's job here seems to be anything but being clear, the Patriots reportedly had the same issues, they just aren't so mentally weak to complain about it, and the NFL handled all communication equipment.  It has nothing to do with the Patriots. 

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2015, 08:04:39 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
... and the other guys still can't figure the Patriots out. Time for more rule changes? :P

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/11/headsets-werent-all-the-steelers-were-complaining-about-post-game/

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2015, 08:07:30 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
... and the other guys still can't figure the Patriots out. Time for more rule changes? :P

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/11/headsets-werent-all-the-steelers-were-complaining-about-post-game/
I have no issue with that, but the headset stuff is a real problem and the fact that the Patriots didn't make sure they worked with all the stuff going on says they just don't care, which should be a problem.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2015, 08:11:39 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25635
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I don't get the complaint. This is just smart, disciplined football. 

I don't like rule-breaking, but this is just using the rules to your team's advantage.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2015, 08:12:50 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25635
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I have no issue with that, but the headset stuff is a real problem and the fact that the Patriots didn't make sure they worked with all the stuff going on says they just don't care, which should be a problem.

I read that the NFL provided the headsets for both teams. No idea how much control the Pats have outside of that.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2015, 08:15:27 AM »

Online knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

My understanding is that the NFL is fully in charge of the headsets and the home team has nothing to do with it.