Author Topic: 2015 Patriots Football  (Read 149645 times)

Re: 2015 Patriots Football
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2015, 11:57:52 PM »

Offline DKClassic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 177
Patriots have decided to go all 2007 on every team they play this year. Mess with our QB, we destroy every team that gets in our way.

Let's all hope that this season ends the exact same way that season did.

I hope we are done with the 16-0 talk by Week 8.  After that, it's going to build and build ad nauseum.   
An undefeated regular season leaves the Pats with potential for the most incredible exclamation point possible given the off-season and the 2007 experience.  It also has the potential for being the most deflating moment in history (even worse than 2007).

That (first) loss to the Giants in the SB was the single biggest gut punch moment I've experienced watching pro sports.

2010 NBA Finals.  I couldn't sleep that night

« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2015, 10:50:30 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Patriots have decided to go all 2007 on every team they play this year. Mess with our QB, we destroy every team that gets in our way.

I hope we are done with the 16-0 talk by Week 8.  After that, it's going to build and build ad nauseum.   
An undefeated regular season leaves the Pats with potential for the most incredible exclamation point possible given the off-season and the 2007 experience.  It also has the potential for being the most deflating moment in history (even worse than 2007).

That (first) loss to the Giants in the SB was the single biggest gut punch moment I've experienced watching pro sports.

2010 NBA Finals.  I couldn't sleep that night
1983 Celtics vs Milwaukee
1986 Red Sox vs Mets
2003 Red Sox vs Yankees
1987 Celtics vs Lakers

« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2015, 10:12:36 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907

Or the way last season ended.

Truthfully, I don't think it will. We can all be hopeful for them, but we have to be realistic about one thing:

Seattle is not the team it was last year. Instead, I think we'll be kicking Green Bay's ass in the Super Bowl.

And, in other news...

Nice mea culpa from ESPN. Well, one guy, at least. Remember when there was discussion about trading Brady for a 2nd round draft pick, and how we might not even get that?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13776027/the-day-buried-patriots-qb-tom-brady-nfl

Not sure which of these is my favorite:

A reluctant but brave scribe asked Belichick if "the quarterback position would be evaluated" as New England prepared for Cincinnati, and Belichick responded with a snort like someone had just asked him if he could name every Kardashian.

or...

Brady might throw for 60 TDs, 6,000 yards, win a fifth Super Bowl just up the road from where he grew up and put an exclamation point on this season by snapping a selfie with Roger Goodell during the awkward presentation of the Lombardi Trophy, then hand the commissioner his iPhone. Mr. Goodell, I'd love for you to have this phone as a reminder of our time together.

Mike

« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2015, 05:58:47 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Knew N.O. was badly in the market for a TE (hmm...I wonder why?").  Wonder what the Pats extorted them for? Anything above a 7th rounder would be a bonus.

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin  2m2 minutes ago
Source: #Patriots trade TE Michael Hoomanawanui to the #Saints

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #79 on: September 30, 2015, 06:49:17 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Knew N.O. was badly in the market for a TE (hmm...I wonder why?").  Wonder what the Pats extorted them for? Anything above a 7th rounder would be a bonus.

With Chandler and Gronk getting most of the snaps at TE, Hou man was quite expendable if not cuttable as a player. If they got a sixth rounder or higher for him, that's an awful lot.

« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2015, 06:50:59 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • What a Pub Should Be

With Chandler and Gronk getting most of the snaps at TE, Hou man was quite expendable if not cuttable as a player. If they got a sixth rounder or higher for him, that's an awful lot.

Evidently, it was a player for player trade.  Pats get DE Akiem Hicks from the Saints.  That's a pretty solid return for Hooman.

« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2015, 06:51:20 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Not exactly the pass catching threat I thought they were going to try and acquire.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #82 on: September 30, 2015, 06:56:52 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Evidently, it was a player for player trade.  Pats get DE Akiem Hicks from the Saints.  That's a pretty solid return for Hooman.
Didn't see what the final return was. Yeah that is good return. Hicks was a very good starter for NO just two years ago and if I remember right was a fairly high draft pick.

« Reply #83 on: September 30, 2015, 06:57:52 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
What about the Bostic acquisition earlier this week? Thought it might generate some chatter here. Move the needle at all?
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #84 on: September 30, 2015, 07:03:03 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
What about the Bostic acquisition earlier this week? Thought it might generate some chatter here. Move the needle at all?
He's beat up this year so I doubt he has much of an impact this year but next year with Mayo gone and starting the season healthy, I think he will make a great addition.

« Reply #85 on: September 30, 2015, 07:07:07 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25635
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Bostic was a huge disappointment with the Bears.  He looked good on tape in college, but he was overdrafted, and hasn't really shown much.

He could be one of those 5% - 10% of players who thrives in a new environment, but most likely, he'll continue to suck.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #86 on: September 30, 2015, 07:09:32 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • What a Pub Should Be
He's beat up this year so I doubt he has much of an impact this year but next year with Mayo gone and starting the season healthy, I think he will make a great addition.

Yeah, signed through 2016 which is nice & he adds depth to the LB core.  Bears fans out there told me they thought the Pats got a good deal out of it.   He got banged up in training camp so he hasn't done anything this season yet although I guess he was a "healthy" scratch last Sunday.

« Reply #87 on: October 01, 2015, 10:22:23 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
So the Pats traded Hoomanawanui to the Saints. Time to revisit this...

https://soundcloud.com/hardy330-1/hoo-man-carol
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #88 on: October 01, 2015, 10:24:54 AM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 93
Wait we got Akiem Hicks out of this? Isn't he actually good?
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!

« Reply #89 on: October 01, 2015, 10:30:24 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Wait we got Akiem Hicks out of this? Isn't he actually good?
Akiem Hicks is not Hakeem Nicks. :D

I mean, Hicks is supposedly decent... but how many DLs do we really need? In the meanwhile, our secondary is one Malcolm Butler injury away from time warping back to 2012.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."