Author Topic: 2015 Patriots Football  (Read 149631 times)

Re: 2015 Patriots Football
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2015, 07:24:35 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Is Gronk the NFL equivalent of Shaq?  Who else in the game has that sort of overwhelming physical dominance against defenders?
Nobody. I've never seen anything like it. A guy that big shouldn't move like that. 50 years ago he would have probably been a guard.

Overwhelming physical dominance in this sport?
Dieon Sanders
Jerry Rice
Barry Sanders
Orlando Pace and Tony Boseli
John Randle
Lawrence Taylor
Jim Brown

are we done?

But they sorta looked a little like human beings.

This is the NFL equivalent of Gronk.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V18ui3Rtjz4
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 08:50:15 PM by eja117 »

« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2015, 07:26:33 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I don't expect Pats fans to be concerned with what everyone else thinks, but the stain that is on this franchise is very real. I personally don't have a whole lot of respect for the way they do their business. I acknowledge their success, but it most certainly comes with questions.

Point being, outside of New England, the legacy of this team will just never be on par with that of the 70's Steelers, 80's 49ers, or 90's Cowboys teams. Such is the reality Kraft, Belicheck and Brady will have to live with for their actions.

I'm certain New England fans can live with whatever the reputation is outside of New England.  Give me the 4 titles any day over having fans from other places like the Pats.  If anything, being hated is more fun.

In any case, I doubt any fan base feels particularly strong about the Pats other than those of teams that regularly get demolished by the Pats.  Basically, AFC East opponents and Colts fans. 
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2015, 08:42:51 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Is Gronk the NFL equivalent of Shaq?  Who else in the game has that sort of overwhelming physical dominance against defenders?
Nobody. I've never seen anything like it. A guy that big shouldn't move like that. 50 years ago he would have probably been a guard.

Overwhelming physical dominance in this sport?
Dieon Sanders
Jerry Rice
Barry Sanders
Orlando Pace and Tony Boseli
John Randle

are we done?

But they sorta looked a little like human beings.

This is the NFL equivalent of Gronk.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V18ui3Rtjz4
Wow!!!! Can't believe you left John Hannah off that list.

« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2015, 08:58:45 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I don't expect Pats fans to be concerned with what everyone else thinks, but the stain that is on this franchise is very real. I personally don't have a whole lot of respect for the way they do their business. I acknowledge their success, but it most certainly comes with questions.

Point being, outside of New England, the legacy of this team will just never be on par with that of the 70's Steelers, 80's 49ers, or 90's Cowboys teams. Such is the reality Kraft, Belicheck and Brady will have to live with for their actions.
There's no amount of Super Bowls the Pats will ever win that will make other teams respect them.  This league is a different league than it used to be. It used to be a league run by men. Now it's a league where coaches get severely outcoached and then cry on live tv about tech issues or non existent problems with air in footballs.

The reason this team will never be on par with those other teams with some people is that this Pats team has so thoroughly dominated the game, that they are now in the heads of other teams. They have so dominated so long that it has passed the level of believable for some and they refuse to look in the mirror.

Tomlin and Rothlisburger are a great example. Tomlin isn't aware of the fact that he coached worse than a first time pop warner coach on national TV last night.  Other teams are now actively taking less time to reflect on what they do in order to complain, and in Rothlisburger's case to actually beg for help from the refs (or league). It's pathetic.

If you want to watch the most competitive football on Earth right now you have to watch a Pats inter team scrimmage. Your next best shot is the NCAA playoff.

« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2015, 09:03:16 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

There's no amount of Super Bowls the Pats will ever win that will make other teams respect them.  This league is a different league than it used to be. It used to be a league run by men. Now it's a league where coaches get severely outcoached and then cry on live tv about tech issues or non existent problems with air in footballs.

The reason this team will never be on par with those other teams with some people is that this Pats team has so thoroughly dominated the game, that they are now in the heads of other teams. They have so dominated so long that it has passed the level of believable for some and they refuse to look in the mirror.

Tomlin and Rothlisburger are a great example. Tomlin isn't aware of the fact that he coached worse than a first time pop warner coach on national TV last night.  Other teams are now actively taking less time to reflect on what they do in order to complain, and in Rothlisburger's case to actually beg for help from the refs (or league). It's pathetic.

If you want to watch the most competitive football on Earth right now you have to watch a Pats inter team scrimmage. Your next best shot is the NCAA playoff.

Well, dominated everyone except for that football team about 3 hours south of Foxboro, also known as the New York Football Giants. ;)

« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2015, 09:13:46 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Well, dominated everyone except for that football team about 3 hours south of Foxboro, also known as the New York Football Giants. ;)
They were a great speed bump during the Patriot's decade and a half of dominance, but for several years now if the Giants wanted to see the Patriots in the Super Bowl, or the playoffs in general, they had to buy a ticket or watch them on TV.

« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2015, 09:20:17 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
The whole Patriots cheat thing stopped making any sense whatsoever a very long time ago.

If you knew someone was cheating and you knew that's why they won...what would you do?  Wouldn't you cheat back? Or are the other NFL teams just too honorable for that? They'll have players that beat and rape women but they're just too good to video tape a team or bug a locker room or something. They're so honorable that they won't do it even though they think you are and that you are winning because of it.

And.....they're so gentlemanly that they don't say anything about it either. For 15 years. But man....once the Pats got sorta half way maybe caught kinda maybe deflating a couple footballs...well that was just over the line. Their QBs only do almost the exact same stuff, but they didn't get caught red handed (except neither did the Pats and there were those teams on live TV). So now they have to let us know about all the stuff the Pats have done that they themselves would just never do.

That is some pretty bizarre logic right there.  Realistically other teams are cheating. It's just not working against other teams that don't cheat.

That is what has made other teams mad. They have found out now that they're cheating and the Pats aren't and the Pats beat them anyway. They spent 10 million to find out the Pats don't cheat.

« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2015, 10:27:04 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777

You mean the teams that streamlined steroid use and practiced illegally, and the team that violated the salary cap and used stickum and used greased offensive linemen and the team that used horse injections and just had their coach talk about filming other teams signals?

« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2015, 01:21:00 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes

You mean the teams that streamlined steroid use and practiced illegally, and the team that violated the salary cap and used stickum and used greased offensive linemen and the team that used horse injections and just had their coach talk about filming other teams signals?
boom

It's the nature of the NFL

Pats are just better
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2015, 08:03:42 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
So now apparently Big Ben is "suspicious" the Pats were stealing his signals with the whole radio drama: http://m.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/211533581/roethlisberger-suspicious-pats-knowing-plays

Now of course this overlooks the fact the two biggest reasons the Steelers lost is because they couldn't contain Gronk or hit a FG, which have nothing to do with Big Ben's playbook.

More importantly, when one is rapist, one shouldn't go around accusing other people of unethical behavior.

« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2015, 09:10:51 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
So now apparently Big Ben is "suspicious" the Pats were stealing his signals with the whole radio drama: http://m.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/211533581/roethlisberger-suspicious-pats-knowing-plays

Now of course this overlooks the fact the two biggest reasons the Steelers lost is because they couldn't contain Gronk or hit a FG, which have nothing to do with Big Ben's playbook.

More importantly, when one is rapist, one shouldn't go around accusing other people of unethical behavior.

Here's an explanation from a company that deals with radio equipment debunking the notion that the Patriots had anything to do with the headset drama and explains what actually happened.

http://blog.rfvenue.com/headsetgate-is-not-a-conspiracy/

« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2015, 09:43:03 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

Here's an explanation from a company that deals with radio equipment debunking the notion that the Patriots had anything to do with the headset drama and explains what actually happened.

http://blog.rfvenue.com/headsetgate-is-not-a-conspiracy/

Good read. And it won't change the opinion of anyone who is convinced (evidence to the contrary be darned) that the Patriots are cheaters.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2015, 09:54:46 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478

lol.

you mean the 70's steelers who were the team that started using steroids back when they were relatively unknown?

or the niners team in the 80's whose star receiver jerry rice admitted on live TV to his and their other receivers using stickum to help catch balls?

or the 90's cowboys, who were coached by jimmy johnson, who admitted to videotaping other teams' signs?

or maybe the 90's broncos team that broke salary cap rules to sign extra players, and whose offensive linemen out lubricant on their jerseys so defenders couldn't get a grip on them?

or the 00's steelers, who had a team doctor caught who had been buying steroids for decades? and this same team has had a "fixer", a local police officer working for them, getting players out of trouble?

you mean successful teams like THAT?

« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2015, 09:55:47 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
^ Every NFL team has people who do similar things.

Yeah this isn't actually true but that's all right.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2015, 09:15:22 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Gotta give credit where it's due. These Pats O Line rookies are getting the job done. Kudos to them and let's keep the Pats rolling and the Ws piling up.
Celtics fan for life.