Author Topic: 2015 Patriots Football  (Read 149642 times)

Re: 2015 Patriots Football
« Reply #1260 on: January 25, 2016, 04:22:03 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
You know, it makes it easier to deal with this Pats loss seeing the Panthers destroy the Cards tonight.

Nobody is beating the Panthers this year.  Nobody.  The Seahawks were the only team that had a shot.

Not unless Denver's defense played like they did today against the Patriots.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1261 on: January 25, 2016, 04:33:07 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
While where on the subject of ways the Patriots improve, is trading Jimmy Garoppolo for what we lost in Deflategate maybe something to explore?
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #1262 on: January 25, 2016, 06:17:59 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
While where on the subject of ways the Patriots improve, is trading Jimmy Garoppolo for what we lost in Deflategate maybe something to explore?

I think it will be tough for the Pats to move him for a 1st and a 4th.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1263 on: January 25, 2016, 07:01:45 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
The value is subject to debate. What about the idea?

« Reply #1264 on: January 25, 2016, 08:26:51 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The value is subject to debate. What about the idea?

If the Pats think that Jimmy G. is going to be an above-average starting QB, I would keep him unless a team clearly overpaid.  Brady looks invincible, but so did Manning two years ago.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1265 on: January 25, 2016, 09:21:17 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Today in Denver they had a guy who could get them 1-2 yards in a pinch (essentially a fullback), and they had one guy who was basically a fifth string wide receiver.
Vereen was exactly as inept in the running game, and worked out great.

He was a playmaker though.  He was a threat in the passing game.

I don't care if they can run or catch passes or what ... they just need to be able to do something.

The Pats didn't have any running backs today they could rely on to give them yards when they need them, unless what they needed was 1-2 yards (and even then they looked to pass).
White was great in the passing game yesterday and would have looked even better if Brady didn't put a couple of balls out of his reach when he had beaten his man down the field. I'm really not concerned with him on passing downs.

edit: By the way, one need noone is talking about is TE. Scott Chandler has been a worse disaster than LaFell lately, and there's noone except for Gronk that can be counted to catch balls with any sort of regularity.

Also, here's a good recap of the team's depth chart:
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4790217/slipping-to-no-4-on-depth-chart-will-brandon-lafell-be-back-with-patriots
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #1266 on: January 25, 2016, 09:25:35 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
You know, it makes it easier to deal with this Pats loss seeing the Panthers destroy the Cards tonight.

Nobody is beating the Panthers this year.  Nobody.  The Seahawks were the only team that had a shot.

Not unless Denver's defense played like they did today against the Patriots.

The Pats are a much easier team to shut down than this Carolina team.  The Panthers are much more dynamic. And you can bet their pass rush will actually get to Manning.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #1267 on: January 25, 2016, 09:27:39 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
The Pats are a much easier team to shut down than this Carolina team.  The Panthers are much more dynamic. And you can bet their pass rush will actually get to Manning.
The Pats pass rush got to Manning just fine. The game plan with Manning was not to rush him into oblivion, it was to force him into tough throws in order to test the arm. It worked just fine.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #1268 on: January 25, 2016, 09:29:44 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The Pats pass rush got to Manning just fine. The game plan with Manning was not to rush him into oblivion, it was to force him into tough throws in order to test the arm. It worked just fine.

I can't speak to the second half, but in the first half they barely touched Peyton.

Are we really gonna have an argument over whether the Panthers are better than the Pats? It's not close.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #1269 on: January 25, 2016, 09:33:54 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

I can't speak to the second half, but in the first half they barely touched Peyton.

Are we really gonna have an argument over whether the Panthers are better than the Pats? It's not close.
I'm talking about the Patriots' pass rush. I don't see how this is related to the Panthers.

« Reply #1270 on: January 25, 2016, 01:10:54 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Hope they can get a Corey Dillon type running back in here to take some pressure off Brady as he gets older .

Can you imagine how much more dynamic this offense would be if we had a 1600 yard back like Dillon in 2004 ? It would set up the play action much better and give Brady more time in the pocket to find Gronk and Edlemen .

Bill traded for a star running back with Dillon , maybe he does the same again . With Brady being 39 , I have a feeling the Pats are going to load up on as much top veteran talent as they can like in 2007. Maybe a 3 year window before Brady is done ?

« Reply #1271 on: January 26, 2016, 10:59:29 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
A good article discussing the Patriots cap situation this off season.

The New England Patriots do not have a Super Bowl window. When you've been to a decade's worth of AFC Championship Games with Tom Brady and Bill Belichick already, and the rest of the teams in your division perennially struggle to reach .500, and you have no free-agent concerns and literally your entire roster under contract for 2016 (most at a bargain), windows do not apply.

A portal, perhaps. Or a specious veranda. Maybe a large, ornate garage door.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25463330/hate-tom-brady-and-the-pats-all-you-want-but-theyre-not-going-anywhere