Author Topic: predict who wins the finals now  (Read 6016 times)

predict who wins the finals now
« on: March 05, 2015, 01:43:57 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Cavs it's so sad but about to come true...

Re: predict who wins the finals now
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 01:48:34 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
No I will do it later

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 01:52:30 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Cavs probably

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 01:56:08 AM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
I feel like the Cavs are a lock to take the East, although I hope I'm wrong.

I have no clue who's coming out of the West.  I could see OKC even coming out of there as an 8 seed or San Antonio as a 7 seed.  I like Houston a lot and I could see the Clippers doing it.  I could see Portland getting hot.  I could see Memphis finally coming through.  Golden State has a mode that is unstoppable.  I can't say.  It's going to be a great Western Conference playoffs though, that's for sure

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 01:58:18 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Can't bring myself to vote for Cleveland, so I'll say Golden State or Memphis.

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 01:59:16 AM »

Offline J. Cole

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
As good as the Cavs are right now, I think a team from the west will be winning it again just because Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving are huge question marks in the playoffs with their zero playoff experience. I have a feeling that Irving will thrive in the playoffs since he seems to always step up in big time games (All-Star game MVP, team USA MVP) but I have a feeling that Love will be a no-show. It's just gonna be a LeBron-Irving two man show in the playoffs which will be good enough to win the east but not enough to win the title. I think the Grizzlies are winning it this season because of their defense and improved play from Marc Gasol

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 02:10:33 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
You know what I would absolutely love to see a thunder lebron rematch

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2015, 02:31:06 AM »

Offline J. Cole

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2

If the Thunder and the Cavs do meet in the finals, does that mean that Perkins will win a ring regardless who wins since Perkins played with both teams this season ?

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2015, 02:47:01 AM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
It's a tough call, so I'm going to go with the Cavathunderocketspurizzlipperiors. But the Maverawkulls have a decent chance, too.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2015, 02:54:50 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

If the Thunder and the Cavs do meet in the finals, does that mean that Perkins will win a ring regardless who wins since Perkins played with both teams this season ?
lol

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2015, 08:08:22 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I've said from the beginning of the year that Cleveland would face either Memphis or San Antonio and I'm sticking with that.  Not sure who will win the final, but I'd be pretty surprised if someone other than those 3 teams were in it.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2015, 08:48:17 AM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 93
Golden State

They run a great offense, and they have Steph Curry, the release valve if teams start trying to play games and trap the ball or pack the paint. Steph Curry is a matchup nightmare for every contender in the West other than Houston, and if you invert your defense to stop him, they have like 5 big wings who will kill you. Defensively they can handle any team. I think Memphis could be an issue because Draymond Green could have trouble guarding Z-Bo, but I would take the team with the best jump shot in the nba over the team that posts up their 33 year old power forward.

I also think whichever team wins the west is winning the title this year. Every team but the Hawks in the east has clear flaws, I just think that the teams go on occasional stretches where they win lots of games because the competition isn't good enough. And I can't see the Hawks winning because teams in the playoffs are more about 1-on-1 matchups and they don't have a Steph Curry/Lebron/Durant/Aldridge etc. guy who can punish teams 1 on 1.
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2015, 09:03:34 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
The beginning season Cavs .......I would not have thought they could make the quarter finals .  They were terrible  .

So LeBron cries for more talent ....

Cavs respond using up every bit of asset they have and make some valuable gains

Stacked with quality  veteran players from top to bottom .....I mean come on ....they should be the best.

I really think Irving and James are gonna be hard to beat .

They are a lock for the East .   Hawks might win ONE game

They trounced Golden State , nearly as bad as the Celtics.

I think the Grizzles or Rockets with Howard healthy might give LeBron a hard time.

Lots of west coast teams can beat them in one game .   But can anybody put together a series to down James ?    Maybe OKC ...if Durrant returns 100%

What sucks is .....by the time LeBron is too old to make a difference in the NBA.......his son will be 16 or 17 and ready to play ....ugh  ::)

« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 09:10:32 AM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2015, 09:09:34 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I think it's the Cavs coming out of the East unless they play Atlanta and they end up playing a flawless series as a team.  I think Chicago could have taken them with a healthy Rose.

I think the West could be any team in the playoffs right now except Dallas and Portland.

Beating the Cavs in the finals would probably take Memphis with Gasol/Zach up front overmatching Love, Conley doing what he can with Kyrie and throwing Green and TA at Lebron to do what they can OR SA pulling off their superior team ball.  I really don't see any of the other western teams able to derail Lebron with 2 other guys that can light it up (ignoring JR Smith and Mozgov in the starting line-up)

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2015, 09:09:37 AM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 93
The beginning season Cavs .......I would not have thought they could make the quarter finals .  They were terrible  .

So LeBron cries for more talent ....

Cavs respond using up every bit of asset they have and make some valuable gains

Stacked with quality  veteran players from top to bottom .....I mean come on ....they should be the best.

I really think Irving and James are gonna be hard to beat .

Lots of west coast teams can beat them in one game .   But can anybody put together a series to down James ?    Maybe OKC ...if Durrant returns 100%

What sucks is .....by the time LeBron is too old to make a difference .......his son will be 16 or 17 and ready to play ....ugh  ::)
This has been the story with every Lebron team in the past 8 years, but don't you think if they play a team with a legitimate frontcourt they would have major issues?
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!