Author Topic: Thomas best 6th man in the NBA?  (Read 1629 times)

Thomas best 6th man in the NBA?
« on: March 04, 2015, 10:59:14 PM »

Offline viulo

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
At this moment I think he would be a good candidate.

Considering players that came off the bench at least in 20 games (not much, but if they don't start the rest of the season with possibilities of playing half the games as substitutes) he is

2nd in points (15.7, behind Crawford with 16.4, ahead of Lou Williams with 15.5 and Ryan Anderson with 14.8)

and

7th in assists (3.9, behind Mo Williams with 5.3, Ginobili with 4.6, Lin with 4.5 and Jameer Nelson, Augustin and Price all between 4.1 and 3.9)

Obviously there are other candidates, besides the ones I mentioned, like Iguodala, Gobert (although he's starting now), Lamb, Chalmers, Patterson or Josh Smith, to name a few. But his impact has been bigger than most, I think.

Do you believe he has a chance?

Re: Thomas best 6th man in the NBA?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 11:01:31 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
I think he was leading it before he was traded here tbh... his stats are even better here so far. If we keep winning our fair share of games he'll probably get it

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 11:03:03 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I'm thinking that if we can snag a playoff spot he'll get serious consideration.

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 11:24:45 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
There was a Bleacher Report article the other day that predicted him as the SMOTY Award, so it's already been thought of elsewhere.

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 12:20:36 AM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
Has a SMOY winner ever been the clearcut best player on a team, in other words, clearly better than all five starters (and naturally all the other bench players, too)?
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 01:54:59 AM »

Offline J. Cole

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
IT is the best 6th man right now no doubt BUT, the NBA always factors the player's team record when determining almost any award they have (MVP. DPOY, etc). Right now, Celtics aren't a winning team. Even if we do make the playoffs, I think the award will be given to Lou Williams since the Raptors are a winning team.

But next season (when we'll be a contender), he will win it  ;)

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 02:31:41 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Best 6th man ever. Because he is on the best team ever. Just don't judge them by their wins. It's about heart......