Author Topic: So without Rondo this means everything prior to this was Sully's fault, right?  (Read 6844 times)

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Liking the chatter in this thread. Also there seemed to be alot of bile directed at Avery Bradley. Can't shoot or dribble, won't pass, too small and overpaid mostly. It really bugged me even when somebody put together stats and measurements to systematically debunk all those criticisms, another thread would just pop up recycling the same.
Banner 18 please 😍

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
The guys who put up numbers don't necessarily lead to winning basketball. We already know from that ESPN article earlier this season that despite his points, Green was overrated because he didn't bring anything else to the table. Rondo was the same way, putting up empty assist stats that didn't make up for his lackadaisical defense and minimal offense.

The question is how much we are overachieving now due to good coaching and effort as opposed to pure talent. Like the Suns did last year you can win a lot of games by being deep and outworking other teams, but it's not going to work in the playoffs when every team you face is good and expending maximum effort.

We beat the Jazz tonight but I'd rather have their roster than ours. They have a better backbone of talent, especially defensively.

Offline Greyman

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 211
I think nobody is saying we are better without Sully and KO is because we don't know what would happen with them in the lineup with Isaiah who can create his own shot and work really well in the pick and roll.

They could prove to be even better than we thought they were because IT makes the defense react very differently than when Rondo was running the show. They could get better looks at the 3 or roll to the basket where sully could bowling ball his way to the basket or KO could finesse his way in. We just don't know yet.

This.

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
no it's still Rondo's fault

No doubt.

I've heard that Rondo is the blame for Global Warming and the dinosaur's extinction, too.

On the contrary, I heard that some think he should be nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize and Humanitarian of the Year for all he's done for humanity. Some have even said he walks on water.

Well, according to some around here - IT4 walks on water. So we have that covered already.

And the back-and-forth between the Rondo Haters and Supporters on here have given me a few smiles.

So yeah - I'd nominate Rondo for Humanitarian award, for sure.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I definitely think Rondo deserves a Nobel Peace Prize more than Al Gore or Obama, so I'd have no problem with them handing him theirs. I give you that.  Also I am sure he has walked on ice, which is water.