Author Topic: stein turner or porzingis  (Read 16227 times)

stein turner or porzingis
« on: March 04, 2015, 01:34:01 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
we will select at the  5-10 range.. and i think ainge will try to get a big guy.... which of the 3?

Re: stein turner or porzingis
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 01:46:55 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Definitely porzingis, and definitely not turner. Porzingis has elite 2-way upside. Turner is too unathletic to make an impact in the NBA. WCS can be great defensive player, but at his age it's clear that he will never be a plus on offense.

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 02:02:48 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
If that's who we are choosing from I would order them like this
1. WCS: Great defensive big that can come in and be the missing piece to a long term elite defense. WCS can also switch onto wing players in the pick and roll.
2. Turner: really long and has the room on his frame to be an NBA center. Really skilled will almost certainly develop good 3 point range
3. Porzingis: really long and pretty athletic. Can really shoot it. I think he's more of a pf because of how skinny he is (with a small frame so not a ton of room to fill out).
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 02:07:11 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
i watched tapes on pozingis and and can't see the attraction ,he's too thin,doesn't have the frame and shoulders-we just played the cavaliers,porzingis can't play in nba for years and thats a major if-i keep asking what am i missing and watch some tapes and label him a probable bust-willing to listen to any reply

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 02:15:14 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Definitely porzingis, and definitely not turner. Porzingis has elite 2-way upside. Turner is too unathletic to make an impact in the NBA. WCS can be great defensive player, but at his age it's clear that he will never be a plus on offense.
yep, porzingis. you draft based upon best player available and he is the best of those three. as for a defensive center, maybe free agency fill that need.

porzingas is going to be a very good nba player in a few years.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 02:48:05 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
I like Stein as our future rim protector for years to come. Turner scares the crap out of me with his lack of athleticism and what looks to be an injury-plagued career. Don't know much about Porzingis other than he's extremely thin and is a stretcher. Not big on stretch 5's, and we already have several stretch 4's. However, Porzingis is said to have a good head on his shoulders and excellent defensive insticts. I'd be fine with him if he becomes an average to above average rim protector in addition to his offensive game.

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 03:10:40 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
If all three are available order would have to be Prozingis, WCS then Turner.

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 03:19:24 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
If all three are available order would have to be Prozingis, WCS then Turner.

this, sans Turner, who I don't think is worthy of a top 10 pick.  bust imo.

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2015, 03:23:53 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Chad Ford likes Porzingas as a top tier guy and says international scouts are very high on him as a bigger Mirotic. Draft Express has WCS one slot higher.

I like BPA.

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2015, 03:49:46 PM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
Caulie stein will be an athletic Joakim Noah/ how DeAndre Jordan is playing right now but a better on ball defender. If the celtics miss out on him I will be very dissappointed.

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2015, 04:15:15 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
I like them Porzingis first, then Turner, then WCS, although I would be happy with any of them.  Our team needs talent

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2015, 04:24:07 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
WCS all the way if he is there.   Sorry but he has played against the best competition daily in practice than Porzingis has all all year.  If he is there, I would wager where we are picking now, he will not be. 

A lot of UK bigs who were not offensive studs in college went on to do well in the pros.

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/player/kentucky/demarcus-cousins

Cousins averaged 15 PP,  10 RPG, 1.8 BPG and 56 % FG  at UK in 23.5 MPG
WCS averaged  8 PPG,  6  RPG , 2 BPG  and 62% FG at UK in  23.6 MPG.

No reason to think that Cauley-Stein stat won't go up as a pro as well.   The pro game is a mobile man's game and he is very mobile.  But he is not a pure offensive player but he is an elite defender, who is athletic and can run and doesn't need the ball to score.   If you build around JS he is prefect, but I am not sure he can spread the floor like CBS likes.

If our team needs talent then lets take the proven talent!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 04:37:19 PM by Celtics4ever »

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2015, 05:54:57 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
WCS all the way if he is there.   Sorry but he has played against the best competition daily in practice than Porzingis has all all year.  If he is there, I would wager where we are picking now, he will not be. 

A lot of UK bigs who were not offensive studs in college went on to do well in the pros.

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/player/kentucky/demarcus-cousins

Cousins averaged 15 PP,  10 RPG, 1.8 BPG and 56 % FG  at UK in 23.5 MPG
WCS averaged  8 PPG,  6  RPG , 2 BPG  and 62% FG at UK in  23.6 MPG.

No reason to think that Cauley-Stein stat won't go up as a pro as well.   The pro game is a mobile man's game and he is very mobile.  But he is not a pure offensive player but he is an elite defender, who is athletic and can run and doesn't need the ball to score.   If you build around JS he is prefect, but I am not sure he can spread the floor like CBS likes.

If our team needs talent then lets take the proven talent!

I don't think anyone has ever compared WCS with Cousins, and for good reason. WCS as a junior scores half of what Cousins did as a freshman... 6 boards vs 10... same # of blocks... not a flattering comparison.

Not that I dislike WCS, but let's not expect him to be more than a great defensive player. I like Noah as his upside comparison, though it's a pretty optimistic one.

Also, I strongly disagree that Porzingis plays against worse competition. Eurocup is no joke, it isn't the NBA but it's definitely stronger than NCAA

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2015, 06:00:21 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
i watched tapes on pozingis and and can't see the attraction ,he's too thin,doesn't have the frame and shoulders-we just played the cavaliers,porzingis can't play in nba for years and thats a major if-i keep asking what am i missing and watch some tapes and label him a probable bust-willing to listen to any reply

Porzingis is thin now, but he actually does have a good frame. I have no difficulty seeing him as a 5 in a few years, he may always have trouble against the Demarcus Cousins of the world, but there aren't too many of those in the NBA these days.

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2015, 06:10:02 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419

Porzingis is thin now, but he actually does have a good frame. I have no difficulty seeing him as a 5 in a few years, he may always have trouble against the Demarcus Cousins of the world, but there aren't too many of those in the NBA these days.

Yeah he looks so weird right now because he has wide shoulders and a big behind, yet with comically long stick-figure arms.  I think with a weight room he could be real good, but I mean look at this picture:

His body is all over the place