Author Topic: Chad Ford's top 30 prospects  (Read 10726 times)

Re: Chad Ford's top 30 prospects
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2015, 03:44:04 PM »

Offline Nowee

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 41
  • Celtic Pride
How old is that?  Most of those comments don't make any sense.

Ford just updated the lottery mock draft machine today apparently, and S. Johnson is falling to us at 9 every single time.
"3. Philadelphia 76ers - D'Angelo Russell
The Sixers stink at tanking. For the second straight season, they've fielded the worst roster, on paper, in the NBA. And for a second straight season, they aren't the worst team in the NBA. Once again, teams that went into the season trying to win, like the Knicks and Wolves, have "bested" them. In this case, I don't think it's such a bad outcome for Philadelphia. The Sixers have a wealth of riches on their front line with Nerlens Noel, Joel Embiid and Dario Saric (when he comes over from Europe). What the team needs is someone in the backcourt who can really shoot. Russell is that guy, and he would be a perfect fit next to Michael Carter-Williams in Philly".

Last time i checked MCW plays for the Bucks.
Dutch Celtics Pride

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2015, 03:45:22 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

The mock is 2 weeks old. The top 30 are current.

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2015, 04:15:20 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Ford just updated the lottery mock draft machine today apparently, and S. Johnson is falling to us at 9 every single time.
"3. Philadelphia 76ers - D'Angelo Russell
The Sixers stink at tanking. For the second straight season, they've fielded the worst roster, on paper, in the NBA. And for a second straight season, they aren't the worst team in the NBA. Once again, teams that went into the season trying to win, like the Knicks and Wolves, have "bested" them. In this case, I don't think it's such a bad outcome for Philadelphia. The Sixers have a wealth of riches on their front line with Nerlens Noel, Joel Embiid and Dario Saric (when he comes over from Europe). What the team needs is someone in the backcourt who can really shoot. Russell is that guy, and he would be a perfect fit next to Michael Carter-Williams in Philly".

Last time i checked MCW plays for the Bucks.

Last time I checked I said "Ford just updated the lottery mock draft machine" not these team descriptions....

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2015, 04:24:52 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
If the C's draft at 9 and either WCS or Stanley Johnson is there, then the Celtics can consider themselves very lucky because I think when all is said and done they will be 2 of the top 5 players in this draft.

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2015, 04:53:58 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
I keep saying it. Johnson has been ALL over the board on mock drafts and big boards, especially when individual teams have been taken into account. Several times I've had him fall to 10 or 11. That'd be one hell of a haul for the tenth pick. (Cue the Paul Pierce flashbacks)

Who is this? An SF, I take it?

Are you talking about Stanley Johnson or Paul Pierce?

This Pierce guy. I see him referenced a lot but I don't know who he is.

Seriously, though, I don't follow college basketball very closely, or at all, really.

Think Crowder, but bigger and longer, more athletic, and more talented.

So, not Crowder.

I used Crowder as a comparable because both are physical players, defensive minded, and have a really good motor. In addition, like Crowder, Johnson's offense isn't one of his strengths. So yes, think Crowder, but with a lot more upside.

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2015, 05:10:09 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Is he going to PM you after the draft and ask you to edit these, I wonder?
It's a 'soft draft', haha
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2015, 06:14:30 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Isn't this just a "version" of mediocrity "hell"?

Knicks get Okafor and the Celtics are just such a "good" lower tier team we get Olynyk and Smart.

This draft jag is for the birds. Hey let's get Phil Jackson and the NY market the best player in the draft. Why not just give them the best player and skip the formalities?

Isiah Thomas never got the Knicks nothing in the post season, nothing ever. So now big Phil is here, they get rewarded for putting Melo on IR.

Thus, the only way to compete with 76'ers, Nix, T pups, Magic and other assorted mismanaged floppers is to tell Boston Celtics fans "sorry guys we can't win more than 56 games over the next THREE seasons if we want a center and a power forward."

"If you don't want to do that? We'll just keep playing 4 guards and a smallish forward...ok? It's really fun, right? They run fast and shoot lots of threes...yay! We've got the best bench in the NBA! We've got the most improved back up players anywhere!"

I'm bitter, I'm very, very bitter.

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2015, 06:16:44 PM »

Offline jonaslopes

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
It's nice seeing him get exposed as overrated after having argued with fellow fans for years that he was overrated.. but I don't hate him. I'm looking forward to seeing him [...] bounce around to a couple more teams... eventually come back to Boston[...] and helps us as a role player until he runs himself out of the league.
LarBrd33 on Rondo

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2015, 01:08:44 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
If Stanley Johnson falls to the #9-10 range, I believe we must make our best efforts to trade up to get him!  He would help make our defense even more suffocating and is NBA-ready to ball as our new SF of the future for the next 10 years.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2298956-arizonas-stanley-johnson-making-case-for-top-10-consideration-in-2015-nba-draft

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2015, 01:37:06 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
If Stanley Johnson falls to the #9-10 range, I believe we must make our best efforts to trade up to get him!  He would help make our defense even more suffocating and is NBA-ready to ball as our new SF of the future for the next 10 years.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2298956-arizonas-stanley-johnson-making-case-for-top-10-consideration-in-2015-nba-draft

That would be terrific. He has a sweet looking stroke too.

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2015, 01:50:22 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
So yes, think Crowder, but with a lot more upside.

what about his wingspan?

Does he have a good motor?

How are his intangibles?

(What other draft buzzwords am I missing?)
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2015, 02:07:45 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419

what about his wingspan?

How are his intangibles?

He's really quick with the ball and a willing passer

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2015, 02:08:55 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
I'm starting to like Towns more than Okafor.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2015, 02:58:49 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349

what about his wingspan?

How are his intangibles?

He has a high basketball IG, too! He's the first guy in the gym and the last one out- he even beats the employees!
Unfortunately, he is not a rim protector, so we can't take him.

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2015, 03:10:08 PM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
I don't see Russell or Johnson being around at 10. Johnson has been bouncing up and down the draft board so it's possible he'll fall to us. WCS would be nice at 10 but he may be gone as well. I'd like to see Harrell in green as well, but I'd take him with our second pick. Kamansky or Decker wouldn't be a second pick either.