Author Topic: When did we wear "Los Celtics" jerseys ?  (Read 41314 times)

When did we wear "Los Celtics" jerseys ?
« on: March 04, 2015, 12:05:03 PM »

Offline heitingas

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Did I miss something ? I haven't been able to watch alot of games this year cause of living overseas. But I saw this pic on celticslife, Datome on the left with a warm up t shirt.

Zeller is standing on the right with a white (home) uniform. Did the actual game uniform have the "Los Celtics" logo or just the practice uniforms ? No offense to the hispanics, but this is really annoying to me personally, I don't want us to be like the Los Lakers, El Heat, Los Spurs.

It's CELTICS period! End rant.

Re: When did we wear "Los Celtics" jerseys ?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 12:07:16 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
hey-try nbafull replay  works in england---

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 12:20:48 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Speak American or get out!

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 12:22:42 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
Did I miss something ? I haven't been able to watch alot of games this year cause of living overseas. But I saw this pic on celticslife, Datome on the left with a warm up t shirt.

Zeller is standing on the right with a white (home) uniform. Did the actual game uniform have the "Los Celtics" logo or just the practice uniforms ? No offense to the hispanics, but this is really annoying to me personally, I don't want us to be like the Los Lakers, El Heat, Los Spurs.

I've watched almost all of the games this year, and I don't remember them having that on their main jerseys. I'd venture to say it was just the warmups, but I could be wrong.

But I'm with you. I don't think a place like Boston should be doing that. It makes more sense for those cities bordering Mexico with larger Hispanic populations. Actually, in my couple of visits to Boston I was surprised to see how large the Asian population was, especially when I went to the Celtics game itself.

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 12:25:08 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
You know Los Celtics just means 'The Celtics', right?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 12:26:03 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
A little Ron Swanson seems appropriate here!

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 12:26:06 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
You're missing why its so offensive.

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 12:28:46 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
You're missing why its so offensive.

I imagine it springs from the same wellspring that makes national commentators say that Kevin Love would do really well in Boston vis a vie the fanbase.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2015, 12:31:06 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367

Lol TP.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2015, 12:40:31 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

One of my favorite TV characters, and one of the funniest TV characters ever. TP.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2015, 12:45:44 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Judging by the lineup there, it's happened some time after the trade deadline this season, so that gives you a pretty narrow window of 5 games. Since the moniker is usually used in cities with substantial Spanish speaking population, my money is on the @GS game (we wore home white for obvious reasons there).

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/golden-state-warriors-boston-celtics-2015030102/

Also, t-shirts are not jerseys. Celtics players have worn all sorts of t-shirts on the sidelines over their uniforms during games, so that's not exactly a precedent.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 12:53:09 PM by kozlodoev »
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2015, 11:06:20 PM »

Offline myselfonline

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12

I've watched almost all of the games this year, and I don't remember them having that on their main jerseys. I'd venture to say it was just the warmups, but I could be wrong.

But I'm with you. I don't think a place like Boston should be doing that. It makes more sense for those cities bordering Mexico with larger Hispanic populations. Actually, in my couple of visits to Boston I was surprised to see how large the Asian population was, especially when I went to the Celtics game itself.

Since you are not native, you might not know, but Boston has a huge Latino/Hispanic population... just not Mexicans.

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2015, 11:25:22 PM »

Offline LD42

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 14
And people keep asking why free agents don't see Boston as destination. This thread right here is one of the many reasons why

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2015, 11:29:22 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
And people keep asking why free agents don't see Boston as destination. This thread right here is one of the many reasons why

Hey, Aramaic is a beautiful language, but it doesn't really fit the culture in Boston.

Yes, that was intentionally ignorant and incorrect. ;) I know I got some of you!

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2015, 11:58:04 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
I hope someone can answer this for me, because I really don't know.

Doesn't Los Celtics, mean "the Celtics"?

And if so, the Celtics Jerseys don't normally say "The Celtics" (or any other team that does this), so whats the deal there?

EDIT: Just saw a post above me.

Why would they do this to the jersey, when the jersey doesn't say "The Celtics" normally?

I mean, Celtics is Celtics is Celtics, whether we are playing in Spain, Nebraska, or Mumbai.

Makes no sense to me.