Author Topic: its simple cavs are bigger,better and wiser  (Read 8092 times)

its simple cavs are bigger,better and wiser
« on: March 04, 2015, 04:35:50 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
we matched up better against golden state,unless curry and thompson shoot the lights out cavs will dominate.The addition of mozogov and perkins puts them as favorites in my opinion,We were overmatched big time.Zeller hit those first two outside shots and thought finally,The celts really missed sully and his bulk.Overmatched on this one.

Re: its simple cavs are bigger,better and wiser
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 06:16:37 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
my post from the game thread last night.

this looks like us playing vs every team Lebron has ever played for. same effing crap! their dudes play with their hands all over our dudes or slap at players hands when they drive, so they become discouraged to drive(- hence all the jump shots). then on offense they all hold off the defender with the off-ball hand.

same effing crap! I'm so sick of the fake good Lebron's

they're not that good, none of Lebrons teams have been great.(another post from last night):

the only experience Lebron shared with every team he's played for is - foul on every play, they won't call it.

this is why Lebron hasn't won as much as he should with all the opportunities he's had. because when the games become less n' less and it gets down to 2 teams the microscope comes out and the refs and the NBA would look ridiculous when their largest viewing audience of the season is watching.

KG was one player, if it was just Lebron getting away with crap i'd live with it but when their entire roster gets away with it, it's an unwatchable product.

Again, this looks like every game we've ever played against a Lebron team. the heart on the NBA has for this clown is laughable.

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 07:44:46 AM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Just like we don't overreact after a good win, it's important not to overreact in a bad loss.

The Celtics couldn't do anything right last night. I think they were like 2 for 17 behind the arc before the 4th quarter and were shooting 33% for the first 3 quarters. They couldn't rebound. They couldn't force turnovers. They played badly. And they were playing against a motivated, angry team who was playing at home.

In short, the Celtics laid an egg last night. That happens on occasion. The real trick is to see how they bounce back from it.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 08:00:03 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Even more simple:  the Cavs have Lebron. 

Fans can come up with reasons to deny his greatness all they want to, but he's head-and-shoulders above every other player in this league.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 08:27:39 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
my post from the game thread last night.

this looks like us playing vs every team Lebron has ever played for. same effing crap! their dudes play with their hands all over our dudes or slap at players hands when they drive, so they become discouraged to drive(- hence all the jump shots). then on offense they all hold off the defender with the off-ball hand.

same effing crap! I'm so sick of the fake good Lebron's

they're not that good, none of Lebrons teams have been great.(another post from last night):

the only experience Lebron shared with every team he's played for is - foul on every play, they won't call it.

this is why Lebron hasn't won as much as he should with all the opportunities he's had. because when the games become less n' less and it gets down to 2 teams the microscope comes out and the refs and the NBA would look ridiculous when their largest viewing audience of the season is watching.

KG was one player, if it was just Lebron getting away with crap i'd live with it but when their entire roster gets away with it, it's an unwatchable product.

Again, this looks like every game we've ever played against a Lebron team. the heart on the NBA has for this clown is laughable.

TP.....that's why I loved their loss to the Rox the game before, despite the obvious ref bias...james missing 2 FT with 4 sec left to win the game and thus losing the game for cleveland was priceless.

Welcome to the L(e)BA!!!!

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 09:15:49 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547

Fans can come up with reasons to deny his greatness all they want to, but he's head-and-shoulders above every other player in this league.
Yep.  Pretty much.  The hate he gets is truly astonishing.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 09:33:34 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes

I don't think it's astonishing

He was the first big superstar of this new generation where players care as much about their brand as basketball
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 09:38:43 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Cavs were bigger and stronger. Our team looks like little boys.

We need some bigger guys. We must be the smallest team in the league.

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2015, 09:41:45 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo

What is astonishing is the free ride Lebron gets from the refs. Lebron once went FIVE GAMES without having a foul called on him. He walks every time he touches the ball. And then there is this.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGsl36MnOqY

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2015, 10:28:16 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
the announcer that i listened  to  nba full replay mentioned someone was going to take young away, several times, after they mentioned his age and that he wouldn't stay a celtic---why draft players at young age, build them and then they go warm weather.I don't think that lack of team loyalty is good for fans-why invest in young players ,why get attached, if as soon as players mature they are gone-one and done fosters this from college-lottery picks should be given longer contracts and more money,there should be a sliding scale or something-i am a newcomer to player and team contracts etc

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2015, 10:31:19 AM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja

i agree. i dislike lebron as a human being and have very little respect for him. but there is no denying he is the best basketball talent in the world right now. a great talent who is a jerk, yes, but a great talent.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2015, 10:44:27 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559

Last night we were physically intimidated. Like as in afraid to play hard nose defense. Zeller, who is no where near any type of physical presence,  played 12 minutes...12 minutes.

When the three's didn't go in...it was all but over.

I've said this before, when the Cavs got Mozgof and Perk, they got much bigger and tougher and fast.   

James is not a king, the NBA refs have to stop fearing his wrath and call technicals on him like everyone else. He certainly a great basketball player, but is quickly turning into a bully and a thug if he doesn't get his way.

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2015, 10:58:42 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

I don't think it's astonishing

He was the first big superstar of this new generation where players care as much about their brand as basketball

"Republicans buy sneakers too."
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2015, 11:02:02 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501

Last night we were physically intimidated. Like as in afraid to play hard nose defense. Zeller, who is no where near any type of physical presence,  played 12 minutes...12 minutes.

I've said this before, when the Cavs got Mozgof and Perk, they got much bigger and tougher and fast.   

James is not a king, the NBA refs have to stop fearing his wrath and call technicals on him like everyone else. He certainly a great basketball player, but is quickly turning into a bully and a thug if he doesn't get his way.

Mosgov has been huge for them (and is huge).  Team wasn't a contender until he came along and now they look to be headed toward the finals.  Not that he's a great player, but he was just the piece they needed. Their tipping point.

As for the game, we sucked, they were hot, and they have LBJ.  I'm not getting upset about it. We're rebuilding and we're going to lose a lot.  CBS has had them play very competitive ball for most of their games this year.

What I an concerned about is Thomas and his play the last couple of games.  Seeing the warts after the euphoria.  Still a great pickup for a late first rounder and an expiring in terms of talent and contract value though.

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2015, 11:31:09 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo

In a series with Indiana a few years ago, Indiana was winning and one of their guys was going strong. So Lebron stuck his feet under the guy when he was shooting, so the Indiana guy came down on Lebron's foot. Lebron pretended it was an accident, but it wasn't. Indiana lost the guy for the series and Miami won.