Author Topic: Jazz (23-35) at Celtics (23-34) Game #58 3/4/15  (Read 40377 times)

Jazz (23-35) at Celtics (23-34) Game #58 3/4/15
« on: March 03, 2015, 10:19:31 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11820
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
  at 
Utah Jazz (23-35)  at  Boston Celtics (23-34)
Wednesday, March 4, 2015
7:30 PM ET
Regular Season Game #58  Home Game #31
TV: CSN-NE, ROOT, NBA-LP 755(DTV), 755(Xfinity)
Radio: 98.5 Sports Hub, KZNS
TD Garden

Probable Starters 
PG SG SF PF C
Marcus Smart.....Avery Bradley....Evan Turner....Brandon Bass...Tyler Zeller

Celtics Reserves

Gerald Wallace
Jae Crowder
James Young
Phil Pressey
Shavlik Randolph
Isaiah Thomas
Jonas Jerebko
Gigi Datome

Injuries

Kelly Olynyk (ankle) day to day
Jared Sullinger (foot) out

Head Coach
Brad Stevens

Probable Starters
PG SG SF PF C
Dante Exum...... Joe Ingles..... Gordon Hayward.....Derrick Favors.....Rudy Gobert

Jazz Reserves

Trey Burke
Elijah Millsap
Trevor Booker
Rodney Hood
Jeremy Evans
Jack Cooley
Bryce Cotton
Grant Jerrett

Injuries

Alec Burke (shoulder)  out

D-League
Ian Clark 

Head Coach

Quin Snyder

Game Notes
The Celtics return home after facing the Cavs in Cleveland to host the Utah Jazz.  The Celtics beat the Jazz on the road 99-90 on their first western road trip in January.  Gordon Hayward led the Jazz in that game with 26 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals and 2 blocks.  Tayshaun Prince led the Celtics with 19 points.  The Celtics are a much different team since that game.  The Jazz aren't all that different other than losing Enes Kanter at the trade deadline. 

Both teams are playing in back to back games and both teams had to travel.  The Celtics game ended earlier than the Jazz game but fatigue could be a factor for both teams.  The Celtics are 14-16 at home while the Jazz are 10-19 on the road.  The Celtics have played well in the 2nd night of back to backs.  They are 2-0 in the 2nd game of road/home back to to backs and they are 6-5 overall in the second game of back to backs. 

Key Matchups
vs
Evan Turner vs Gordon Hayward
Hayward is averaging 19.5 points, 4.8 rebounds and 4.2 assists  this season.  In the first meeting with the Celtics he Gordon Hayward led the Jazz in that game with 26 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals and 2 blocks. the Jazz with 26 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals and 2 blocks. The Celtics need to try to slow him down if they want to get a win.

vs
Favors is playing very well with 10 points, 8.3 rebounds and 1.7 blocks per game.  Bass will need to make him work at both ends of the court. 

Keys to the Game
Rebound
- Much of rebounding is effort and when the Celtics put out that effort on the boards, we see it in the other areas of the game.  They didn't show much effort in any part of the game vs the Cavs and with a front line of Hayward, Favors and Gobert,  the Celtics will need to put out extra effort to win the battle of the boards in this one.

Move the Ball - The Celtics need to move the ball and make the extra pass.  The ball seemed to stick too much against the Cavs and as a result the offense was stagnant.    They also have to take better care of the ball, make smart passes, and limit their turnovers.

Play 48 Minutes
- The Celtics can't afford to dig a hole at the beginning of the game and they can't let up at the end and lose focus and miss shots and allow the Jazz to score. They also can't afford those periods in the game where they turn the ball over and lose their focus. They have to play hard from the opening tip to the final buzzer.

Defense - Defense is the key to winning each and every game. The Celtics must play swarming team defense, especially in transition. Defense wins games and it has to come from every player.

Effort and Aggressiveness -  The Celtics need to be the more aggressive team.  They have to play hard and be the team that wants it more.  They certainly didn't do that against the Cavs and the result was very ugly.  They need to be aggressive in this one and they have to put forth their best effort on both ends of the court. 

X-Factors
Fatigue and Focus

The Celtics are playing in the second of back to back games after a tough loss on the road the night before.  The Jazz are also playing in back to back games and are on the road.  The team that can overcome fatigue and play hard down the stretch will get the win.   The Celtics seemed to lose focus against the Cavs and they have to regain their focus and play the right way in this game if they want to get a win. 

Re: Jazz (23-35) at Celtics (23-34) Game #58 3/4/15
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 10:20:16 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
FIRST!!!!! and cool little monsters at the top. they remind me of the guy in zap spi0n videos.

gooooooo celtics!!!

and thanks flc. a tp as ever.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 10:29:44 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11820
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Thanks hwangjini_1 !  And a TP to you as well for being the first to post in the game thread!!  Go Celtics!!!! 

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 10:33:43 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Hopefully we can come out stronger than we did vs LeBron. We need to start strong, like the Warriors game, yet be able to hold our lead, and that only comes with experience, let's hope for a win!
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 10:34:31 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Well there is no way we can lose.  If we win, that's great.  If we lose, we get that much closer to a pivotal top 8 pick. 

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 10:58:46 PM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
come back game. let's go Cs!

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 04:57:58 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2237
3rd game in 4 nights for our Cs after 2 spirit crushers? Whew!

TP FLCelts for your work. That means you had 3 game threads to construct in 4 nights. THAT"S dedication.

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 05:01:02 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
Well there is no way we can lose.  If we win, that's great.  If we lose, we get that much closer to a pivotal top 8 pick.
good schizophrenic approach, just like mine!!! just compartmentalize the world more often and life becomes simpler and easier to deal with. consistency and sanity are way over rated.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2015, 05:02:01 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja

TP FLCelts for your work. That means you had 3 game threads to construct in 4 nights. THAT"S dedication.
flc is a veritable game-thread dynamo!!! be sure to heap lots of tps on flc.  :)
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2015, 05:25:25 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
Last time against the Jazz, Ingles and Exum definitely got my message to save their worst performances for games against the Celtics. I'll ask them nicely again.  :)
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2015, 05:32:22 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Nice Domo stuff toy. Anyway C's should be motivated after that crushing defeat against the Cavs.

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2015, 06:20:21 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2237

flc is a veritable game-thread dynamo!!! be sure to heap lots of tps on flc.  :)

....not to mention the front page Daily Links she does.....DEVOTION

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2015, 06:40:27 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
KO will play.

We need to run through the Jazz after the trouncing we took. I want BLOOD!!!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2015, 07:13:49 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I'd like more energy and team play than last night. Utah Jazz has a tall front line, but not necessarily intimidating.

KO many help a bit, but I'm not expecting anything new from him.

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2015, 07:20:47 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
KO will play.

We need to run through the Jazz after the trouncing we took. I want BLOOD!!!

THERE WILL BE BLOOD!!! BLOND!!!

Our savior...
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier