Author Topic: marcus smart needs to earn starting pg duty  (Read 12725 times)

Re: marcus smart needs to earn starting pg duty
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2015, 09:12:24 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I was at the game tonight, I really don't get the complaints about his offensive output. Stevens is clearly parking Marcus right around the the three point line for the sole purposes of swing passes and 3 point shots. He's in the game for his defense.

I think they ran one actual play for him, and he couldn't of shot more than 5 or 6 shots. Smart spent us much time in the game as anyone, and in all that time on the floor he initiated the offense probably 20% of the trips up court. There was a few times he had a good chance to drive to the hoop, a couple of which he took, one he shoulda got a call on. Considering, I think averaging 10 PPG last month is pretty good on 5-7 shots a game.

He could average 16-5-4 in his prime and still be one of the most valuable players on a contending team simply because of his intangibles and elite defense. That steal before halftime did something for that team. Hell, considering how poorly we shot in the first half, you could make a case his and AB's defense kept that game in reach
I mean, I know people think I'm out to get him but how do you explain this kind of post?  He had seven points off of 14 shots.  That's awful.