Author Topic: If Revis and Mccourty Walk should the pats trade Brady?  (Read 13904 times)

Re: If Revis and Mccourty Walk should the pats trade Brady?
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2015, 03:14:42 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I will say, this is pretty funny, got responses from Tom Curran, Bert Breer, Judy Batista, Chad Finn. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2015, 03:16:20 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Uh...no.  Blow things up because two members of your secondary leave?  C'mon....

You take cap space now available and you adjust through either replacing those guys with other DBs via free agency or promote your own DBs from depth and addressing other positions of need via FA.

This team is coming off a 12-4 season is a relatively weak conference and with their own divisional opponents (BUF, MIA, NYJ) rebuilding & not looking like serious threats to win the AFC East.

Barring injuries or other unforseen events, this team is, at minimum, still a top echelon AFC team even without McCourty & Revis. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2015, 03:19:05 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Uh...no.  Blow things up because two members of your secondary leave?  C'mon....

You take cap space now available and you adjust through either replacing those guys with other DBs via free agency or promote your own DBs from depth and addressing other positions of need via FA.

This team is coming off a 12-4 season is a relatively weak conference and with their own divisional opponents (BUF, MIA, NYJ) rebuilding & not looking like serious threats to win the AFC East.

Barring injuries or other unforseen events, this team is, at minimum, still a top echelon AFC team even without McCourty & Revis.
I don't know. I think the Bills may be pretty dangerous  this season. Also, I think the difference between having and not having someone like Revis/Tailb is pretty visible. I we should make all effort to bring him back in.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2015, 03:19:55 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

Sure but you are talking about losing a legit GOAT talent in Darrelle Revis.  Pats can spend a lot of money and not come close to replacing him. 

I think if Pats Keep Revis and replace Mccourty they will be ok. 

No Revis, im not sure if we make the AFCCG next year
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2015, 03:22:41 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

Sure but you are talking about losing a legit GOAT talent in Darrelle Revis.  Pats can spend a lot of money and not come close to replacing him. 

The problem is there is very little out there this offseason that comes close to both McCourty and Revis in terms of talent. I just worry that the price tags will be prohibitive.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2015, 03:26:19 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

The problem is there is very little out there this offseason that comes close to both McCourty and Revis in terms of talent. I just worry that the price tags will be prohibitive.

agreed

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2015, 03:27:35 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Just started thinking about this last night.  I think if Revis and McCourty leave the team, the pats will likely be playoff bound again but defensively not strong enough to challenge for a title. 

If they can't challenege for a title do they trade Brady and officially start the rebuild?

Might as well trade Belichick too while you're at it.  He sucks without Brady and he's getting up there too.

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2015, 03:29:15 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Just started thinking about this last night.  I think if Revis and McCourty leave the team, the pats will likely be playoff bound again but defensively not strong enough to challenge for a title. 

If they can't challenege for a title do they trade Brady and officially start the rebuild?

Might as well trade Belichick too while you're at it.  He sucks without Brady and he's getting up there too.

I don't think he sucks without Brady, 11-5 with Cassel

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2015, 03:30:40 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Also, it really comes down to.  Do you trade Brady now and get something for him. 

OR do you likely lose him after 2017 anyways and roll with a team that I don't think can win the superbowl for the next two year. 

(Based strictly on the assumption Revis and Mccourty both walk)

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2015, 03:37:35 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Also, it really comes down to.  Do you trade Brady now and get something for him. 

OR do you likely lose him after 2017 anyways and roll with a team that I don't think can win the superbowl for the next two year. 

That's not really a serious discussion. First, it's never going to happen. Second, even if we entertain the academic discussion on this, what something do you expect to get that will justify trading away an all-time great QB?

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2015, 03:42:17 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501

He is getting old though and he's not likely going to want to stay through a lengthy rebuild. It took 10 years to win another SB and we've lost Revis, McCourty, and YOU traded Brady. I doubt Belichick would want to stay around once Brady's gone myself. He has nothing left to prove and not much chance to burnish his credentials before he's into his 70s. Better to go out on top.

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2015, 03:45:46 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

That's not really a serious discussion. First, it's never going to happen. Second, even if we entertain the academic discussion on this, what something do you expect to get that will justify trading away an all-time great QB?
Im not sure.  But seeing as how Logan Mankins was traded for Tim Wright and a 4th, I dunno what the pats would be looking for.

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2015, 03:47:03 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

Im not sure.  But seeing as how Logan Mankins was traded for Tim Wright and a 4th, I dunno what the pats would be looking for.
Logan Mankins is a nice player, but he's no Tom Brady. Also, Tim Wright was third on the team in receiving TDs this season :P

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2015, 04:25:56 PM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48

BB is an unknown without Brady.  He has a below .500 record in Cleveland and once the GOAT came on board everything turned around.  Go look a the 2008 season again....

The Patriots played the easiest schedule in the NFL that year - 99-157 that is a .387 winning percentage.  Within that schedule they played the AFC and NFC West, which had 1 team above .500 which was the Cardinals. 

Also - that team that Cassel played for was completely loaded. Just a brief look into the roster -

WR - Moss, Welker and Gaffney
OL - Light and Mankins
DL - Seymour, Wilfork, Green, Warren and Mike Wright
LB - Colvin, Vrabel, Bruschi, Seau and Mayo who won rookie of the year
Secondary - Harrison, Hobbs, Meriweather and James Sanders...

The real injustice here is that Brady got hurt because that team was completely loaded...

I am not doubting that BB is a great coach, just saying the jury is still out whether he can do it without Tom...

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2015, 04:27:54 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
To avoid embarrassing yourself (and by extension, all Boston sports fans) in the future, you should probably keep such a thought to yourself next time, or at least not broadcast it on social media.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.