Author Topic: C's free agent targets in the off season  (Read 22879 times)

C's free agent targets in the off season
« on: March 03, 2015, 01:29:51 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Thought that I'd share this with you guys ;D
The Celtics have a ton of cash and are geared up to use it. Target number one is Kevin Love. Target number two is Greg Monroe. Sources close to the process say the Celtics’ plan to swing for the proverbial fences this summer including runs at Gasol, Leonard and Butler too. - Basketball Insiders
Don't really know how reliable of a source "Basketball Insiders" is, but I'm really excited for the free agency period to come around.
This team would be a whole lot different if we'd be able to get two of the abovementioned guys ::)
Jack of all trades, master of none.

Re: C's free agent targets in the off season
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 01:34:26 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Link?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 01:38:14 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
If we sign any of those guys I'll be ecstatic. I think they could have a real shot at Monroe. The restricted free agents are what intrigue me the most. If we could land Green, Butler or Kawhi in a sign and trade I think our team could make a jump next year. The question is will those teams except our assets for those guys. 
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 01:40:57 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I feel like the only thing that can prevent us signing KLove is a Cleveland championship. 

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 01:44:18 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • I Bleed Green

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 01:45:52 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • I Bleed Green
I feel like the only thing that can prevent us signing KLove is a Cleveland championship.
I agree! This is his time to cash in, and if you ask me his game has taken a hit since last year but I'd still like him in green tho ::)

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 01:47:22 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
I could see him signing in LA instead of Boston.

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 01:55:49 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Especially since Rondo signing there is a real possibility now. Don't think they'd be very good without some sort of defensive presence down low, though. I'd really like to nab a Butler or Leonard. Those would be my top choices, unless we get Johnson in the draft then it would be Deandre Jordan.

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 02:04:44 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I just hope they target elite talents and shy away from mid level guys that take up PT from developing players. Only exception for me is Big AL (at 10 million). I know AL is older but depending on Sully and Bass situation a low post big may be needed.

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2015, 02:05:48 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley

Especially since Rondo signing there is a real possibility now. Don't think they'd be very good without some sort of defensive presence down low, though. I'd really like to nab a Butler or Leonard. Those would be my top choices, unless we get Johnson in the draft then it would be Deandre Jordan.
This is what I thought as well but after reading the article it seems like the Lakers won't have enough cap space to sign both Rondo and Love.

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2015, 02:07:43 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
I would be shocked if Danny's #1 choice isn't DeAndre Jordan.  What I love about Danny though is that if he could only get the "Ray Allen" part of a trade done, he would absolutely pull the trigger.  He will have some bizarre mismatched team in the short term if it gets the pillars of a future team in place.  I bet he goes after Love too and at least kicks the tires of the other guys.  We have a lot to offer another team pick-wise. 

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2015, 02:08:44 PM »

Offline JumpingJudkins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 27
I would throw a max deal at Leonard or Butler and hope (unlikely) that it's not matched. Then use the rest of the cap room to get a non-max center -- Robin Lopez, Kosta Koufos, Hibbert. Don't think we'd have the money for Monroe, and he's not a shot blocker like the others.

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2015, 02:12:59 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I don't think Love should be target number one!  My number one target is Deandre Jordan and then number two is Greg Monroe. I get the needed SF scorer in the draft.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2015, 02:15:59 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

I don't think LA is terribly attractive these days for a few reasons.  1) Kobe is still there;  2) their front office is a joke with very few tradable assets; and 3) their head coach hates the 3pt shot 

I would be shocked if Danny's #1 choice isn't DeAndre Jordan.  What I love about Danny though is that if he could only get the "Ray Allen" part of a trade done, he would absolutely pull the trigger.  He will have some bizarre mismatched team in the short term if it gets the pillars of a future team in place.  I bet he goes after Love too and at least kicks the tires of the other guys.  We have a lot to offer another team pick-wise. 

I'm thought so too, before the recent deals.  It really seems like Danny favors bigs that can shoot over the pure 'rim protector' that we here on the cb so often clamor for. 

Celts seem committed to the pace/space system where you'd rather a big that can rotate on defense than relying on a shotblocker who is a liability offensively.  For that reason alone I doubt we see Ainge make Deandre an offer. 

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2015, 02:24:02 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
I don't think Love should be target number one!  My number one target is Deandre Jordan and then number two is Greg Monroe. I get the needed SF scorer in the draft.

There are two scoring SFs in the draft - Stanley Johnson and Mario Hezonja - and we're not getting either of them.  The lottery only gives you a shot at picks 1-3, so since we're going to be (most likely) the 9th or 10th worst team, we won't be in position to draft 5th or 6th where they're going.  Plus, you should never draft for need.  Ever.