Author Topic: KG and Austin Rivers get a double Technical  (Read 3380 times)

KG and Austin Rivers get a double Technical
« on: March 03, 2015, 10:07:55 AM »

Offline Waew

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 50
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 10:18:07 AM by Fafnir »

Re: KG vs Austin Rivers fight and ejected
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 10:11:51 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
fight?

Re: KG vs Austin Rivers fight and ejected
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 10:17:36 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Based on the article it was JJ Redick who was ejected, so I'm editing your title.

Re: KG and Austin Rivers get a double Technical
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 10:43:23 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Reading the article it makes KG be the bad guy (of course since it is ESPNLA) when really Rivers was the **** in that situation.

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 10:45:41 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
"I let it go, and then we went and I didn't have the ball, and he just hit me in my stomach and knocked the wind [out of me], and Chris [Paul] threw me the ball, and I wasn't prepared for it because I had just lost my wind, and I threw it back to him," he said. "The play went on and just because I bumped him a little bit, he turned around and did all that stuff."
Poor thing. Cry me a river.  :'( :'( :'(
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 10:46:13 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Reading the article it makes KG be the bad guy (of course since it is ESPNLA) when really Rivers was the **** in that situation.
Meh, I'm fully confident KG hit him with an elbow everytime he cut through the lane.

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 11:15:45 AM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Watched the game.

Rivers approached KG at the end of a play and KG was not having any lip from the little man. KG Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ed him out a little bit and it was a double tech.

Not a big deal.

Austin Rivers though, is not looking bad at all. He had some big plays in last night's game. Why we considered him such damaged goods .. . I don't know.

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 11:42:17 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Meh, I'm fully confident KG hit him with an elbow everytime he cut through the lane.

Yeah? Doesn't every player in the league get hit with an elbow everytime they cut through the lane?

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 12:20:08 PM »

Offline Waew

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 50
Watched the game.

Rivers approached KG at the end of a play and KG was not having any lip from the little man. KG ****ed him out a little bit and it was a double tech.

Not a big deal.

Austin Rivers though, is not looking bad at all. He had some big plays in last night's game. Why we considered him such damaged goods .. . I don't know.
everyone is quick to hop on a bandwagon

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2015, 12:38:38 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

Yeah? Doesn't every player in the league get hit with an elbow everytime they cut through the lane?

Yup, plus it's not surprising that KG would feel like he's earned/entitled to more respect than younger players.  People always want to complain about how he's dirty, but he's really just the same as Dale Earnhardt.  Intimidation is, and should be, a part of the game (at least here at the highest level).  Especially when you're one of the best all time.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2015, 12:41:30 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

KG is consistently identified as one of the best and most consistent at such things, the idea that KG wasn't doing something to Rivers is funny. I wouldn't be surprised if he did it "more" than the usual chucks that I've seen Rivers take and shake off in his NoH days.

Rivers should get used to it certainly, if he wants to stick around for another contract.

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2015, 12:51:43 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Watched the game.

Rivers approached KG at the end of a play and KG was not having any lip from the little man. KG ****ed him out a little bit and it was a double tech.

Not a big deal.

everyone is quick to hop on a bandwagon

There was a point during the 2012 season when it looked like Austin Rivers would have the worst statistical rookie year ever. And this wasn't an isolated thing:
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/PerDiem-121226/nba-austin-rivers-having-worst-season-ever
http://thepeachbasket.net/2013/03/23/is-austin-rivers-the-worst-rookie-in-nba-history/
http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/2013/04/24/season-in-review-austin-rivers/
http://tomamerica.com/austin-rivers-is-the-worst-player-in-nba-history/

So, gee, I wonder why people were skeptical.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2015, 01:01:28 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Watched the game.

Not a big deal.

It could have something to do with all the talent and coach the Clippers have or maybe he's a good player...

much like licking the Tootsie Pop, the world may never know.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)