Author Topic: Isaiah opens up about trade to Celtics (BBI article)  (Read 4245 times)

Isaiah opens up about trade to Celtics (BBI article)
« on: March 03, 2015, 09:26:55 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
“It’s so surreal, it doesn’t even seem real,” Thomas said of wearing a Celtics jersey. “I’ve been in purple since college – from UDub (Washington) to Sacramento to Phoenix. Now, wearing the all green Celtics jersey is just so crazy. It’s so legendary and there’s so much history behind it. And the fans in Boston, whether it’s on social media or in person, they’ve shown me so much love and the market is so much bigger. Man, everything about it is crazy. It’s really a basketball city.”

Thomas believes the Celtics have a chance to be a very good team – now and in the future.

“I think we can be really good,” Thomas said. “We’re young right now and learning. We have a great, young head coach in Brad Stevens and a great coaching staff, and then I feel like everybody in the organization – from Danny Ainge down – knows how to build championship teams. Making the playoffs this season is the goal, and I’m excited for the future. Hopefully I can be here for a while

Interesting read with some insight from IT.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-pm-thomas-opens-up-about-trade-to-celtics/
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

Re: Isaiah opens up about trade to Celtics (BBI article)
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 09:40:19 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
well at least he's saying the right things.  hope he continues to think positive

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 09:52:05 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
TP, Bleed, fun read.

Have liked the kid's talent since was with the Kings. Infectious energy and a dynamic, skilled player. Was psyched on the trade deadline day after being depressed that we hadn't made any moves. Nice surprise.

How can you not root for a kid drafted last in the NBA draft? Good insight into the kids persona and humility (yah, I think that's there, despite the on court brashness like staring over at the Suns bench when he beat them). Like anyone, else, the kid appreciates being wanted. Nice story.

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 10:01:38 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
well at least he's saying the right things.  hope he continues to think positive

TP, Bleed, fun read.

Have liked the kid's talent since was with the Kings. Infectious energy and a dynamic, skilled player. Was psyched on the trade deadline day after being depressed that we hadn't made any moves. Nice surprise.

How can you not root for a kid drafted last in the NBA draft? Good insight into the kids persona and humility (yah, I think that's there, despite the on court brashness like staring over at the Suns bench when he beat them). Like anyone, else, the kid appreciates being wanted. Nice story.

Pretty much how I feel to a T.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 10:16:22 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
He's a dynamic player, hopefully he can settle into a nice groove here and doesn't where out his welcome like with the Kings/Suns. Always a bit scary when a talent does that more than once.

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 10:17:31 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
He is going to be our 6th man for at least another 6 years imo

Next contract at this rate he will make 10-14 million a season.

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 11:36:49 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Soooo glad we got rid of Rondo and got a PG who appreciate the organization

(The mavs blog is a mess now haha)

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 11:47:36 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
If Danny is serious about trading for DeMarcus Cousins, he might have to ditch IT. Rumors are DMC doesn't like shoot first PGs that don't share he ball and wasn't happy with IT.

If not, Thomas is the best back up PG in the league and needs to stay as his contract is pure golden value.

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 06:58:04 PM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
The question is???  do we have someone on our coaching staff that can control him??? Thomas is a pure street jock that wants to do what he wants and not listen to a bunch of coaches in his ear all the time. the kid is a good ball player but he has no discipline. he will win you some games but he also will lose you some by not wanting to give up the ball when he should.

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2015, 07:01:00 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
The question is???  do we have someone on our coaching staff that can control him??? Thomas is a pure street jock that wants to do what he wants and not listen to a bunch of coaches in his ear all the time. the kid is a good ball player but he has no discipline. he will win you some games but he also will lose you some by not wanting to give up the ball when he should.

Right now we dont need to worry about this. Plus when he does not have an open shot  has shown to be more than willing to pass.

Right now he is our best last sec shotmaker

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2015, 02:04:17 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Street jock? He's a study that has overachieved FOR A LIVING. If you don't want him around, on his contract... I don't even know. I don't care if he starts, but if he isn't getting the lion's share of mins at point, something is wrong. You don't sit a stud. His attitude will hopefully be infectious. Have you not, in your lifetime, strove to achieve in order to keep up with the success of others? That's IT on our squad, right now.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2015, 02:12:24 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Quick Question. How did Sacramento wind up with the no. 60 in the first place?
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2015, 02:16:17 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Street jock? He's a stud that has overachieved FOR A LIVING. If you don't want him around, on his contract... I don't even know. I don't care if he starts, but if he isn't getting the lion's share of mins at point, something is wrong. You don't sit a stud. His attitude will hopefully be infectious. Have you not, in your lifetime, strove to achieve in order to keep up with the success of others? That's IT on our squad, right now.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2015, 03:52:18 AM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
If Danny is serious about trading for DeMarcus Cousins, he might have to ditch IT. Rumors are DMC doesn't like shoot first PGs that don't share he ball and wasn't happy with IT.

If not, Thomas is the best back up PG in the league and needs to stay as his contract is pure golden value.

I like Thomas and cousins
But I don't think we have enough to entice cousins to play here

And I feel that there is some limit to Thomas potential considering his size
Thomas may be used for trade in the next years as he has a very good contract that decreases and is very productive
We could get another 1st rounder or use him to trade for another player
Right now he is here to stay but don't rule out ainge trying to trade him for value

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2015, 03:54:06 AM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
Quick Question. How did Sacramento wind up with the no. 60 in the first place?

t On July 21, 2010, the Sacramento Kings acquired Darnell Jackson and a 2011 second-round draft pick from the Milwaukee Bucks in exchange for Jon Brockman.[96] Previously, on February 18, 2010, the Bucks acquired John Salmons, the option to swap 2010 first-round draft pick, 2011 and 2012 second-round draft picks from the Chicago Bulls in exchange for Hakim Warrick and Joe Alexander.[97]

Chicago traded it to Milwaukee and milwaukee traded Chicagos 2nd rounder to Sacramento 
As Chicago had the best record in 2010-2011 season they had the 60th pick

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_NBA_draft#Draft-day_trades
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 04:37:16 AM by BornReady »