Author Topic: I just want to see James Young do this once this season  (Read 4888 times)

I just want to see James Young do this once this season
« on: March 02, 2015, 10:31:23 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
His confidence would shoot up.  He looks so timid out there these days. Still very young but due for a breakout game.   Again great dunk by Young at the NCAA finals, hopefully we will get to see one of these sooner than later

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlARGQ1yrW0

Re: I just want to see James Young do this once this season
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 11:04:08 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
It would be nice Triboy  TP

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 02:52:09 AM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
I knew it would be The Dunk! :)

I have more modest wishes with the kid:

- Do not rush your free throws. Develop some kind of FT routine. At least once hit both.

- Watch Bradley's or Smart's foot work on D and try to emulate.

That's it for now. More to come next summer.

I am ok with him shooting and missing the 3s he has taken. All good shots. Arc is still very flat, but he will get there in time.

My concern with the kid is with his approach to the game. He has the makings of a very good shooter but all of those have a military-like very pedantic approach to their games. I am not sure James has it.
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 07:24:52 AM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
This is when it's very difficult to be a GM. we all know this kid's got it but since he's been here he has shown nothing. he's only nineteen, blah, blah, blah!!!  you wanted  and thought you should be here, so show us why!!!  I want to see J. Y. make it in Boston but the C's are looking at a bunch of new young people and decisions need to be made!!!

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 12:27:58 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
We knew he was two years away when we drafted him and that's when we should start making decisions on his potential as a player.

In some ways I think being put under constant scrutiny at the NBA level might actually be bad for his development at this point. Give him some minutes in the D League where he can work on his fundamentals and build his confidence.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 12:35:52 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
We knew he was two years away when we drafted him and that's when we should start making decisions on his potential as a player.
No, we didn't know anything like that. I'm sure that's what some folks fancied, but for all we knew, he could have been as many years away as Kedrick Brown.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 12:36:56 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
No, we didn't know anything like that. I'm sure that's what some folks fancied, but for all we knew, he could have been as many years away as Kedrick Brown.

If you insist on obsessing about semantics, fine: "we knew it would be some time before he began to show his potential, if he had any."

Great words from a great man

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2015, 03:46:41 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I want to see James Young do this once next season. 

I predict he will be better next season.  Will strengthen up

His best game this past season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TCOEzsb9wQ

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2015, 06:21:14 AM »

Offline Maurice98

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 36

I want to see James Young do this once next season. 

I predict he will be better next season.  Will strengthen up

His best game this past season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TCOEzsb9wQ

It's true that it will boost its confidence.If he gains at least 15-20 pounds I will be happy because he'll be able to at least defend better. We need a scorer badly and he could be one.

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2015, 07:11:36 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
another player who thought he was ready for the NBA who should stayed in college..be out of league in couple of years
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2015, 08:44:03 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I'm not giving up .   But he needs to show improvement this year.

But I'm note expecting the next MJ either .

AB took a long time to piece together a decent game on both sides of the ball.

Danny will be as patient as his coach . CBS likes working with young guys , you can tell it .

Young has gifts . But needs the maturity to practice and work like crazy at his craft.

James needs lots of strength  training .....NBA is full of ruff and tuff characters

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2015, 09:03:11 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
another thread on young that predicts dire circumstances for a 19 year old's future in the nba? how cb-esque.

why oh why dont the folks here simply be patient and withhold judgement until there is something to judge? why the compelling need to rush to pass final judgement on such a young player?

the off season posts are not shaping up well.  :P
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2015, 10:17:00 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He is not even close to being done developing physically.  I think he plays out his rookie contract here unless Ainge has soured on him and sent him packing. He has he physical tools and size, so if he works hard all should be well.

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2015, 10:38:17 AM »

Offline Al91

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 18
I'm not sure many people thought Young was two years away when he was drafted. I for one didn't. I expected him to play a role off the bench, especially after some trades this year. Never panned out and I'm not surprised, he's clearly not ready. I don't read into D-League stats. Sure, the D-League helped Bradley when he couldn't step out of Ray's shadow yet but let's not forget Fab Melo's infamous D-League stats  ::)

And it must by the UConn guy in me because I can never enjoy that dunk; in general, I find it hard to enjoy highlight plays in games that the highlight reel player was the loser *shots fired
Long-form is far from dead, but please refrain from paragraph-laden posts! Who wants to read that?!

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2015, 11:57:32 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I just want to see James Young do this once this up coming season. It should help him come out of his shell. Come on James