Author Topic: Trade(value) of young bigs (zeller/sully/olynyk)  (Read 1434 times)

Trade(value) of young bigs (zeller/sully/olynyk)
« on: March 02, 2015, 05:54:13 PM »

Offline e4sym0de

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 12
I would like to know what you guys would prefer to do with them in the offseason. Usually I would say we keep all of them, as none of them is a finished product yet. However, Sully and Zeller will enter their last season of their Rookie deals. If they do not develop any further, their value will be lower in the 2016 offseason compared to the coming offseason. If they do improve, it will be possible that teams will throw crazy offer sheets at them with the raised cap and you are forced to (over)pay or let them walk. This applies more to Zeller and Sully than to Olynyk ofcourse.
What do you think would be their value in the offseason and for what price would you be willing to trade them?

Re: Trade(value) of young bigs (zeller/sully/olynyk)
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 06:07:03 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
For me, how well KO develops on defense is the critical question.

Zeller is one to keep, if only for position, I think, though I probably wouldn't be the high bidder on Sully.  He's got Toine 2.0 written all over him.

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 06:10:10 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Sully has the most value and I would trade him in a heartbeat.  It would have to be Sully + Wallace's Expiring + picks to get anything though

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 06:11:48 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
For me, how well KO develops on defense is the critical question.

Zeller is one to keep, if only for position, I think, though I probably wouldn't be the high bidder on Sully.  He's got Toine 2.0 written all over him.

Toine >>>> Sully

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 06:26:49 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Sully has the most value and I would trade him in a heartbeat.  It would have to be Sully + Wallace's Expiring + picks to get anything though

With the health history and conditioning issues, Zeller might be a more desirable chip than Sully at this point.

Olynyk really needs to play to establish himself a bit more.

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 10:55:42 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I think they hang on to all 3 and see how next season plays out.  of more interest is to see who they add to that mix for next year.  I would expect to see Bass elsewhere but Jerebko might be brought back cheap as 5th big