Author Topic: Isaiah Thomas named Eastern Conference player of the week  (Read 3444 times)

Re: Isaiah Thomas named Eastern Conference player of the week
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2015, 12:22:21 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
TP for the deserved bump and TP for sed's thread. Hey, that rhymes with"Zed's dead".

TP to the first to ID the movie AND movie star who said those words:

"Zed's dead, baby, Zed's dead."

Also Steve Kerr thinks a lot of our best player. This from Kerr on IT:

The other guys are really good players but not as devastating on the high screen-and-roll stuff," Kerr said Sunday before visiting the Celtics. "That's where Isaiah has made his whole career because he makes threes and he's crafty getting around that screen, and snaking in and out of the paint."

IT has phenomenal handles, oftentimes holding the ball seemingly on a string at the top of his dribble. Kerr gives great insight into this and explains it this way:

"He's taken advantage of the new NBA rule of carrying the ball is perfectly legal," Kerr laughed. "Along with many other guards. Isaiah's not alone. My guy (Stephen Curry) does it too. I was sort of half-joking, but I am being perfectly honest when I say the liberal call or lack thereof on the carry has made guarding high screens almost impossible at times. When a guy can discontinue his dribble and go up to make a pass or shoot, and then just dribble again with a screener in his way, I'm not sure what you're supposed to do as a defender. Everybody does it. Everybody around the league.

And this on why Ainge was so high on him:

"He's taken advantage of the new NBA rule of carrying the ball is perfectly legal," Kerr laughed. "Along with many other guards. Isaiah's not alone. My guy (Stephen Curry) does it too. I was sort of half-joking, but I am being perfectly honest when I say the liberal call or lack thereof on the carry has made guarding high screens almost impossible at times. When a guy can discontinue his dribble and go up to make a pass or shoot, and then just dribble again with a screener in his way, I'm not sure what you're supposed to do as a defender. Everybody does it. Everybody around the league.
http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2015/03/steve_kerr_high_on_isaiah_thom.html

High, well deserved praise from the coach of perhaps the best team in the league.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 10:18:01 AM by csfansince60s »