Author Topic: Pierce on the Big Shot  (Read 1494 times)

Pierce on the Big Shot
« on: March 02, 2015, 02:12:46 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Good stuff.

I have more misses on game-winning attempts than makes. But you learn over time that those misses make you stronger. Each time you attempt a shot with all that pressure, it becomes a little less scary.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/paul-pierce-missing-the-big-shot/
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Re: Pierce on the Big Shot
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 07:49:22 PM »

Offline Green-Bananas

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
Funny, I remember that game. I always thought Pitino threw him under the bus (during the post game interview) for missing that shot. Maybe Rick is only a fraction of the jerk that I thought?  No... He's still the same used car salesman, who got into coaching. Him and Calipari both.

If I new how to give a TP I would, thanks for the read... Good insight.

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 07:53:22 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Nice share!  TP

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 08:12:35 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
I wouldve guessed the missed shot with the game on the line that haunted him the most would be that missed free throw against the Nets in the Eastern Conference Finals.

It couldve put us up 3-1 in that series
Greg

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 09:17:46 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Funny, I remember that game. I always thought Pitino threw him under the bus (during the post game interview) for missing that shot. Maybe Rick is only a fraction of the jerk that I thought?  No... He's still the same used car salesman, who got into coaching. Him and Calipari both.

If I new how to give a TP I would, thanks for the read... Good insight.

you see that link that says 'giveth one' under my moniker click on it and I get a TP, click on his and he gets a TP.  ;D

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 09:40:25 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Luv the Capt.

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 09:45:56 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
One off the midst exciting atmospheres I've ever been at in the Garden (new or old)  was Game 4 of the 2010 Conference Finals.  The Celts were up 3-0 on Orlando and were going for an improbable sweep against the defending conference champs.  They'd posted like cheap the wife game, but had somehow managed to have the ball for the ball in a tie game with less than 24 seconds left.  Pierce was bringing the ball up, and the whole crowd short realized all at once"holy bleep" if we score here we're going back to The Finals.  It was deafening in the Garden.  I forget the exact details of the actual Perry, but basically Pierce bungled and fumbled and never got a shot off.  Celts lost in OT. 

I just remember feeling cheated that that didn't at least have a chance to hit the game winner.

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=zq-lmyk3nFU

I was in the crowd for one of Pierce's last big shots as a Celtic though when he hit a 3 to bury the Clippers his final year in green.

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=8yxFse5Blv0

Yup

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 09:58:55 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
When I think The Captain being clutch, I prefer to think of this:

http://youtu.be/A1Yp5YXRu8Y