Author Topic: i blinked and jerebko gone-need an explanation  (Read 3277 times)

i blinked and jerebko gone-need an explanation
« on: March 02, 2015, 06:17:18 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
what ilike is jerbko doesn't need long to size up his position and his passes have zip,unlike the slow loopy cross court passes ,he keeps the ball moving and his quickness and hustle  was not taken advantage of-there were two layups at the end with 24 second clock winding down he may have been help on those. Hindsight but if anyone can answer, why after two good showing and hitting his only shot,i realize that young needs time and that the coach gives it to him but this also can backfire the kids confidence at moment must be low,he missed foul shots that were critical and he  is supposed to be a shooter.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 06:56:19 AM by rollie mass »

Re: i blinked and jerebko gone-need an explanation
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 06:22:19 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Has he been bought out?
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 06:52:51 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
sorry ,i hope your joking-no my live feed locked by the time i had recoverd it he was on the bench-I kept waiting for him to enter in 4th and use his speed and energy all the while young took up my whole screen missing shots and now with kelly coming back ,there might be more second guessing on rotations-what i saw or at least thought i saw, didn't add up .So what was brad thinking.

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 01:27:18 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
would love a reply to why was jerebko not put back into game,he hit his only three and was distributing the ball,what am i missing-he runs the floor gave us some length,they have to guard him opening the middle,not turnover prone

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 01:28:13 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Probably because he's not very good, and Stevens thought that he had a better chance to win the game with other players on the floor.

That's my best guess, anyway.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 01:30:55 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Probably because he's not very good, and Stevens thought that he had a better chance to win the game with other players on the floor.

That's my best guess, anyway.

he's decent on a very bad team. I wonder how many minutes he'll get when KO comes back from his injury.

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 01:34:12 PM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 93
He's a useful guy to drag a big man away from the paint. I don't think he would have been that useful against the small-ball oriented warriors who use Draymond Green as their 4 and for half this game the 5, there's not much point.
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 01:51:50 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
He was not effective in the 2nd half. Guarded closely and nothing resulted from him setting picks.

It looks like he is strictly an energy guy, open jump shooter

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 06:59:16 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Did you expect him to get 20 again? He's a situational player, he's useful when he's hitting his shot. He's not bad for an end of the bench guy.

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 08:05:00 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
He is a better 5 option than Bass. I agree, he should have played the 5 until Zeller was rested.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2015, 08:14:40 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Stevens has a man crush on Bass

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2015, 08:29:35 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
I wasn't paying close attention to JJ, but Bass was very effective -- having a terrific game.  If the choice was Bass or Jerebko last night, I'd have played Bass.

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2015, 08:46:22 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I wasn't paying close attention to JJ, but Bass was very effective -- having a terrific game.  If the choice was Bass or Jerebko last night, I'd have played Bass.

Bass played well on offense. His rebounding was good too. And I'm not blaming him for being 6'6. But he can't play the 5 when Crowder plays the 4. Its just not enough size. Jerebko at 6'10 just does a better job. In the previous 2 games, he was amazing in 20+ minutes. Imo, Stevens made a mistake..

Bass -10

Crowder-14
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2015, 10:46:26 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
just re watched jerebko 2nd quarter- one save from going out of bounds,2 rebounds seemed more according to tommy,a block ,a steal and a 3 pointer his only shot-penetration and kick for open shot-he was very active--still don't get it-
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 11:13:37 AM by rollie mass »

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2015, 11:06:19 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
4th quarter altered two outside shots,got inside position on offense board ,shot went,a couple touches with passes to open man and a reset to isiah,called for a foul and didn't get a call when fouled under the hoop ,and was scored on once--but got 5 minutes in 4th-no turnovers
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 11:14:40 AM by rollie mass »