Author Topic: Zeller in the fourth quarter  (Read 2144 times)

Zeller in the fourth quarter
« on: March 01, 2015, 09:01:19 PM »

Offline hagar55voa

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12
I'll never understand why Stevens takes Zeller out in the fourth quarter when the game is at it's most crucial time...Get him the ball and he'll score..Crowder and Thomas chucking up threes just doesn't cut it...All it gets you is another loss...Celtics can be good when they move the ball around...When the go to one on five chucking up threes, they aren't going to win...

Re: Zeller in the fourth quarter
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 09:03:58 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
The NBA today is all about who has the best three point shooters.

We saw that tonight.

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 09:05:33 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Look, if that in and out 3 goes in from Crowder and we hold on and win the game, everyone is talking about how great a game he had. How he is the glue to the team and plays D above his size and grabbed 17 boards to go with 12 points and a block. Why is it all of a sudden so negative because when it came to crunch time their superstars won the game?
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 09:08:50 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Look, if that in and out 3 goes in from Crowder and we hold on and win the game, everyone is talking about how great a game he had. How he is the glue to the team and plays D above his size and grabbed 17 boards to go with 12 points and a block. Why is it all of a sudden so negative because when it came to crunch time their superstars won the game?
Because beside that three, he missed 12 other shots and he had no business taking at least half of them.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 09:50:22 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Because beside that three, he missed 12 other shots and he had no business taking at least half of them.
let's focus on the thread, which is zeller. i already addressed your repeated point on crowder in the game thread.

i can only guess on why CBS rode bass instead of zeller. bass was having about as good a night on offense as zeller, but had twice the rebounds. plus, bass has a better mid-range shot. but these are only guesses.

CBS must have seen something in the matchup that he thought favored bass.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 09:59:19 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
Zeller was in during the 4th quarter. He got the ball in the post after Thompson switched on him, he recognized the mismatch and started to pound for the bucket, but he went left when he should have gone right and put up an absolute turd that easily turned into GS ball. CBS going away from him after that could've had something to do with that play. Plus GS isn't a team with a Dwight Howard or a Cousins down low. We see more of Zeller in crunch time when the match-ups call for it.

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2015, 10:14:13 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
This team has really improved.  And getting rid of our "2 best players" has actually helped the TEAM.

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2015, 10:18:37 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
This team has really improved.  And getting rid of our "2 best players" has actually helped the TEAM.

I agree, we have improved. How can you be mad at a team like ours sticking with a team playing great ball all season? Yeah, none of us are happy we lost the game, we had a huge shot to take it, that doesn't mean we need to lay into these guys after that effort!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2015, 10:19:26 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
let's focus on the thread, which is zeller. i already addressed your repeated point on crowder in the game thread.

i can only guess on why CBS rode bass instead of zeller. bass was having about as good a night on offense as zeller, but had twice the rebounds. plus, bass has a better mid-range shot. but these are only guesses.

CBS must have seen something in the matchup that he thought favored bass.
Fair enough, lately the small ball lineup has been lights out for us and they didnt habe a great low post scorer. For those two reasons I suspect we stayed away from Zeller in the 4th.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2015, 11:12:48 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

The recent improvement is because our two worst defenders are not playing, KO and Sully and the team can run!  IT and Jerebko help a lot too but playing bad with bad defenders is like trying to swim wearing a 100 lb weight around your neck it is hard to win.

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2015, 07:13:55 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I'll never understand why Stevens takes Zeller out in the fourth quarter when the game is at it's most crucial time...Get him the ball and he'll score..Crowder and Thomas chucking up threes just doesn't cut it...All it gets you is another loss...Celtics can be good when they move the ball around...When the go to one on five chucking up threes, they aren't going to win...

Zeller was for the most part only in the game when Bogut was in.  Bogut got benched because Zeller was owning him.  That matchup was a big reason we were able to break out to an early lead.

The NBA is all about matchups.  I am guessing that CBS liked the smaller lineup matchups at the end of the game.