Author Topic: What's up with Young???  (Read 7156 times)

Re: What's up with Young???
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2015, 05:24:13 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Young has a lot learn, including how to relax. He seems very tight out there.

When he hits a few in a row he'll relax. Right now, I would say his confidence is down a little.

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2015, 05:33:41 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
The issue is he is 19 years old. He's a long term project that we will just have to be patient with him. He needs time to improve his body and understand how to play NBA defense/offense.

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2015, 05:39:36 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
He's 19 that's whats up.

He's also about 6 month behind everyone else with those injuries he had over the summer and preseason and earlier in the season.

His D has gotten better, which still isn't great, but shows he's working on it. If he becomes a average defender that would be fine.

He's thinking on offense too much. It seems like when he has a guy in his face or he's getting in trouble on a drive he makes the shot more often than not.

He needs a summer to get stronger, work moves from the 3 pt line when defenders rush him, that will open up the 3 point shot more. If you notice guys are sticking to him like crazy when he's around the 3 pt line. Which shows other teams think he can shoot.

I'd be more concerned if he's playing the same way around next years deadline if he has a healthy summer to work on his game.

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2015, 06:04:11 PM »

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78
Young needs to shoot about 200 threes a day, every day.

The Larry Bird School of Basketball...I wonder how many NBA players spend the amount of time Bird did practicing his shots?  Not being sarcastic, seriously wondering.

As for Young...the future is bright, but it's still a process to get there. 

Rak

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2015, 06:10:31 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
Young needs to shoot about 200 threes a day, every day.

The Larry Bird School of Basketball...I wonder how many NBA players spend the amount of time Bird did practicing his shots?  Not being sarcastic, seriously wondering.

I could've sworn I heard someone during a game say Steph Curry was the first guy since Ray Allen to do this. I could be wrong though.

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2015, 07:21:52 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He does not look as confident out there as he did earlier in the season.   Maybe Crowder is killing him in practice?

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2015, 07:43:24 PM »

Offline dwoumn

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 8
He's young and is still learning the game. It's 100% a confidence issue, and as he gets consistent minutes he will be fine. No need to stress over it yet.

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2015, 08:31:30 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
We all know he can hit shots so it's curious why he ends up looking like the worst shooter on the floor in game. Confidence thing I guess.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2015, 08:33:18 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
We all know he can hit shots so it's curious why he ends up looking like the worst shooter on the floor in game. Confidence thing I guess.

His shot is flat.
Perfect rotation, but not enough arc.
He needs to make an adjustment.

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2015, 10:07:26 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
I think he's a C-Blog bust based on the 11+ mpg he's played so far in.  By the same standard he would be a CBlog HOFer lock if he was a overseas player with a year under his belt in some Euroleague and a 5 minute highlight reel put together by his coach.

Kid's tight and been missing good, wide open shots. Defense has a long ways to go, but we knew that.

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2015, 10:12:36 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Brad Stevens knows how to coach and he knows how to develop players. 

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2015, 10:34:49 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Think about how lost Bradley was in his rookie year.

Young is miles ahead of where Bradley was at the same age, just give Young some time and I expect him to be very good.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2015, 11:47:52 PM »

Offline halfblackman

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
It's true that he's a project but a shooter should be able to hit shots. I think he'll start knocking them down with more playing time though.

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2015, 12:28:22 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Think about how lost Bradley was in his rookie year.

Young is miles ahead of where Bradley was at the same age, just give Young some time and I expect him to be very good.
Agreed. I remember cringing every time Bradley put a shot up.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2015, 03:13:53 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2477
young is a STUD shooter, and will prove as much once he gets comfortable. i'd bet every dollar i own that he becomes a +40% 3pt shooter in a couple years. but so far in the NBA he just looks tense, the polar opposite of what i've seen from him on the red claws, where he takes the same shots and absolutely lights it up.

those shots will start falling, and they'll fall in bunches. he has huge offensive upside, and is still super-young (wasn't he the youngest player in the draft?)