Author Topic: What's up with Young???  (Read 7167 times)

What's up with Young???
« on: March 01, 2015, 02:28:11 PM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
Brad has been giving him minutes but the kid hasn't been cashing in the opportunities.
every game I see him come in I say, "here we go" and he let's me down!!!

Ya gotta show your stuff Jimmy  before you wake up in another city or a foreign country!!!

Re: What's up with Young???
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 02:46:55 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
He's still a cub.  He'll be fine.  This is just some on-the-job training right now.

The buckets aren't there yet, but I've actually seen things lately that have me encouraged.

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 03:23:19 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

This is the NBA , not college.....the defense is tall, faster and coming at him  at warp speed , it's an adjustment to your timing and game.

We know he can shoot .he can attack the rim .......one of these days ...it will all come together .

It's a mental, confidence deal mostly ......if Avery can overcome his shooting demons ......I fully expect Young will too.

One game , eventually  his pretty shot is going to go down .....I hope I'm watching when his day arrives.

I'm patient
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 04:08:56 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 03:26:29 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Smart and young need time to become more efficient. Both are playing good d these days at least

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 03:32:12 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
He wil be a15-20 ppg player in the league

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 03:33:51 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Smart and young need time to become more efficient. Both are playing good d these days at least

Man at least Marcus is playing D at a consistent high level. Every time James is in there, the opposition always targets him. And for good reason, he's easily our worst perimeter defender. If he's not making shots, then his overall value is nonexistent.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2015, 03:34:41 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
He's like 19. He needs to get stronger and work on defense and rebounding

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2015, 03:44:13 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
"What's up with Young?"  <--- What's wrong with this thread more like.

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2015, 03:59:15 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
He IS Young. What up with you?

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2015, 04:17:58 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
What's up with him? He got some minutes, so it became immediately obvious what the stage of his basketball development is (hint: probably high enough to warrant minutes on a regular NBA team).
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2015, 04:19:07 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
It seems as though some are a bit defensive of Young. Like every Cs fan, I am also hoping that he can develop into a very good player, but the signs aren't clearly there yet. It seems like he is being given a free pass because Smart was the real prize, but if Young was our only pick, there would be a lot more concern out there (see Kelly Olynyk).

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2015, 04:22:20 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
it is to be expected. each and every celtic gets the same treatment.

as for young, he is doing very well. he is 19, he is not lebron, he will be a good nba sf. he defensive troubles stem a lot from being small and slim. offensive players simply plow into him and move him out of the way. in  a few more years he will add muscle and weight. he defense will be fine then.

patience folks, patience. it is not young's fault that posters here have unrealistic expectations.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2015, 04:24:42 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
He's like 19. He needs to get stronger and work on defense and rebounding

His rebounding is actually better than advertised IMO.  He'll stick his nose in there.

Agree on your other two points.  On the bright side, the effort seems to be there, so we have reason to expect improvement.  I think he's already better on offense than he's shown.  Again, he's done things on that side of the court that have me encouraged, even if shots haven't started going down yet.

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2015, 04:26:07 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
it is to be expected. each and every celtic gets the same treatment.

as for young, he is doing very well. he is 19, he is not lebron, he will be a good nba sf. he defensive troubles stem a lot from being small and slim. offensive players simply plow into him and move him out of the way. in  a few more years he will add muscle and weight. he defense will be fine then.

patience folks, patience. it is not young's fault that posters here have unrealistic expectations.
Maybe. And now the million dollar question: if he ends up being a just decent NBA player (which is most likely), is it worth it to spend multiple years developing a John Salmons?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2015, 04:38:45 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Young needs to shoot about 200 threes a day, every day.