Author Topic: Garnett buys tickets for next game  (Read 2305 times)

Re: Garnett buys tickets for next game
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 10:31:35 AM »

Offline TheLegendaryClub

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 130
I just snagged a pair of these - thanks for the tickets, Big Ticket! And they're playing Doc's Clippers tonight.

I think KG is having a lot of fun being back here in 'Sota. Of course, he'd probably be happier anyone other than that black hole of a team on Brooklyn. But I think he's genuinely surprised and enchanted by the love Twolves fans still have for him.

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 11:13:36 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Stand up move by KG.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 11:26:51 AM »

Offline GranTur

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 68
  • Anti-NBA Hipster
Really good PR move by the Wolves. Obviously KG didn't actually buy these.

But the Timberwolves and KG are using KG's legacy to improve attendance (currently last in NBA attendance) and establish a foundation for the future.
"It's not how you play the game. It's whether you win or lose--that's my motto." -Larry Bird

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 11:36:56 AM »

Offline 317

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 25

But the Timberwolves and KG are using KG's legacy to improve attendance (currently last in NBA attendance) and establish a foundation for the future.

dont be so sure KG didn't really front the money. didn't Rickey Davis buy season tickets for part of a section?

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 11:58:13 AM »

Offline GranTur

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 68
  • Anti-NBA Hipster

dont be so sure KG didn't really front the money. didn't Rickey Davis buy season tickets for part of a section?

KG, Flip , and the Wolves are in sync right now in trying to bring the franchise back. All the signs point towards this being a PR move by the team, where KG wouldn't need to pay for 1000 tickets.
"It's not how you play the game. It's whether you win or lose--that's my motto." -Larry Bird

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 12:01:31 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
The team can't reimburse KG for the ticket costs as that'd be extra compensation which would be illegal under the CBA.  So either he actually bought them or the team is lying.  Given how generous KG has been in the past - buying tailored suits for every rookie, for example - I'd say it's the former.

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 12:13:49 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
if the rumors about KG buying the wolves is true, then this is an investment in his future as well as the club's future.

i am happy for the wolves that the have KG back.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 06:42:18 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
That's really cool of KG.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 06:57:51 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Andrew Bogut started Squad 6 for the Bucks when he played there, because the crowds were always so dead.  He said that in Australia, the crowds were always nuts and he wanted to recreate that, so he bought a whole section out and told the fans they'd get free tickets if they went nuts every game.  While their national team is very good, the Australian league is like a series of unorganized rec league games.  I am guessing he meant the youth league games were rowdy?  It's funny to think of people like fighting in the staands and going nuts over the 16 and under Australian youth team, but I'm actually pretty sure that's what happened