Author Topic: Warriors (45-11) at Boston Celtics (23-33) Game #57 3/1/15  (Read 56981 times)

Re: Warriors (45-11) at Boston Celtics (23-33) Game #57 3/1/15
« Reply #405 on: March 02, 2015, 07:27:10 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
bla bla bla. Is it nice that the cs are competitive and just sized the nbas best team up? yeah. Are we fighting and putting in effort? yeah. Are we expected to lose? yeah. Still, 26 up. Win the game
"Sized", really? One adjustment on defense (moving an extra guy on the box to stop IT's penetration), and we go from up 26 to losing the game (thanks, Brad S). If there were a 5th quarter, we may have _lost_ by 26.

I was at the game.  Steph Curry won the game.  That is all.

« Reply #406 on: March 02, 2015, 08:07:04 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Celtics are knocking at the door of success .

Gave GS all they wanted at their house and ours .

These games against top notch teams are strength ing  the Celtics lot .

The players are getting better and just as important CBS is learning how to run his game plan with his players . 

There are plenty of mistakes

It's obvious progress is being made.  Such a bringing Thomas in for a song.  Getting Rondo out of CBS hair so he could proceed with his style offense.

« Reply #407 on: March 02, 2015, 09:30:29 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
bla bla bla. Is it nice that the cs are competitive and just sized the nbas best team up? yeah. Are we fighting and putting in effort? yeah. Are we expected to lose? yeah. Still, 26 up. Win the game
"Sized", really? One adjustment on defense (moving an extra guy on the box to stop IT's penetration), and we go from up 26 to losing the game (thanks, Brad S). If there were a 5th quarter, we may have _lost_ by 26.

I was at the game.  Steph Curry won the game.  That is all.
We were somehow up 15 points at halftime, despite the fact that Curry scored more points in the first half than he did in the second.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #408 on: March 02, 2015, 09:34:39 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
The reason why this team needs to have good structure on offense is because they have Crowder and Bradley. Those two guys can shoot you out of any game if you let them -- and Brad S certainly did tonight.

I'm glad Stevens let them both shoot us into a winning few games before we narrowly lost to the NBA's best team today.

Get perspective.
I got perspective -- hoping that Bradley and Crowder will win you games with their shooting is an easy way to lose more than you win. Which is somehow supported by our record, how peculiar.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #409 on: March 02, 2015, 09:43:36 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I got perspective -- hoping that Bradley and Crowder will win you games with their shooting is an easy way to lose more than you win
  So, true.  TP

The goal is for him to give us his best, he isn't there yet but he definitely helped us. He has his problems but he is still a good player, if you don't think he is then your assessment isn't based in reality... yes, he could (probably should) be better but don't act like he isn't a good player

I accept your challenge.   The only things he has gave the best at since he has been here is the dinner table.   He has helped us, but he has hurt us and he has now hurt himself.   That is fact, not opinion, he is out for the rest of the season and Ainge called him out.

20 other teams passed on him.   That means they concur with my assessment.   He did not make the all star team again concurring with me.   I think he is an above average rebounder and has good hands.    I would not call him a good shooter though, because he shoots .29% from three point land.   He has some nifty post moves.   On defense, he is horrible.   He is lazy and does not run the floor or take effort to keep him in shape. 

“Jared and I have talked a lot about it over the last year. It’s something we take great pride in with our players, and our players have really bought in to our program. I think every guy has met the goal they set in regards to strength and conditioning, body fat, weight, all the different things that our strength coaches do on a regular basis. Jared hasn’t met his goals; he’s not up to the standards he wants and the standards we think are in his best interest,” said Ainge.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/02/26/ainge-on-sullinger-conditioning-not-up-to-celtics-standards/

I consider a good player a complete player.   They play on both ends.   They use their strengths to compensate for their weaknesses.  I do not think Sullinger always does that.   His WS for a career is 11.4% a good players is more like a 20%.  He was our leading scorer prior to being hurt he was averaging 14.4 PPG, not bad but I do not know if I would call that good.  He also was shooting .45% from the field which is decent but not great for a PF and .29% from three point land which is 1% higher than than last year.   So much for improvement, eh?

I get you like the guy, and I don't like lazy guys who take ill advised shots who can't play D.  We have a different opinion.  All reality is subjective to the viewer to me in the great scope of things, I  balk at calling him a good player and he is simply above average with his hands and rebounding.   He is not a great rebounder as he averaged 8.1 RPG.   A great rebounder gets double digits.

We are 3-3 without him.  We were 20-31 with him.  We run now.   Curry has this to say about our new pace.  He is gone and all the sudden we run and are fun to watch.

"We studied them [this weekend] and the trades they made, obviously they’re not as familiar with each other but the talent they have and the pace that they try to play at now is tough and they showed that obviously in the first quarter," Steph Curry said. "We had to make adjustments, we didn’t want to be down 26."
    Kerr went on the article to say that Sully killed them as time they played.   But the fact of the matter, is that even when Sully kills it so does the opposing big man.   They often look like all stars against him.

Now some of this could be attributed to getting Thomas, but Sully is an ill fit to play next to a guy as fast as that.   He might keel over.   

I believe general managers and presidents are more powerful, and Danny knows this,” said Scalabrine. “He’s saying to Sullinger, ‘Get yourself in shape, get on board with what the rest of the team is doing, or we’re going to ship you out of here.’ And when Ainge says something like that, you better believe it.”

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/03/02/scalabrine-on-toucher-rich-up-to-sullinger-to-step-up-to-ainges-challenge-celtics/

Now to be fair Scal thinks he is an excellent basketball player, but we all know who he works for presently.  He is decent on one end of the floor only.   
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 10:21:10 AM by Celtics4ever »