Author Topic: The "I" in Team  (Read 3037 times)

The "I" in Team
« on: February 28, 2015, 07:05:45 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Just noticed the Team tat on the homepage photo, so I re-angled it a bit and came up with this. 

You gotta love the guy!

Yup

Re: The "I" in Team
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 07:16:09 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
What's surprised me most about him is what a tough little guy he is. He's certainly not fragile or slight. He gives effort on D too. It's a pesky type of defense, the type that gets you a steal here and there.

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 08:16:41 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
What's surprised me most about him is what a tough little guy he is. He's certainly not fragile or slight. He gives effort on D too. It's a pesky type of defense, the type that gets you a steal here and there.

He's made some pretty whacky turnovers, but Kris his head up and makes up for.  And he definitely seems to have an infectious team attitude.
Yup

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 09:04:24 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

he is a "baby" iverson in important ways and in how he plays. but, thank goodnes, he is not the flaming Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. the iverson was and is.

you point out how he gives his body up, crashes, falls down, and gives his all. great, but how long can a 5'9" guy do that and stay healthy in the nba? how long can such a player keep his skills up?

i believe that coming off bench is a good place for him. he should play 25 minutes a night to keep his health and career intact. with the celtics, he can get away with 30 minutes a night now, but as the team improves he should see 25 a game.

there may be no "i" in team. but in a team, there is appreciation of the "i". the celtics should take care of thomas. that would help both sides.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 09:14:20 PM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
I feel like this is the best situation for him to be in

With us we need help offensively and he is a score first guy
Also our system emphasises ball movement so it hides his play making deficiencies

Plus he has an old friend in Bradley

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 09:43:44 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

The way he drives inside.....he has brass balls.

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2015, 11:09:06 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559

he is a "baby" iverson in important ways and in how he plays. but, thank goodnes, he is not the flaming **** the iverson was and is.

you point out how he gives his body up, crashes, falls down, and gives his all. great, but how long can a 5'9" guy do that and stay healthy in the nba? how long can such a player keep his skills up?

i believe that coming off bench is a good place for him. he should play 25 minutes a night to keep his health and career intact. with the celtics, he can get away with 30 minutes a night now, but as the team improves he should see 25 a game.

there may be no "i" in team. but in a team, there is appreciation of the "i". the celtics should take care of thomas. that would help both sides.

Agree ^

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2015, 11:24:56 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
luckily most of the collisions are glancing variety and he is very skilled at landing but if marcus  was to attempt to bully bigs, in one game he got flattened.Both jerebKO and thomas made impressive slides recently-

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2015, 11:31:44 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
whats his vertical and hang time--maybe we should add a liftoff time-imagine how he toys with bigs and takes advantage of their frustration-he's got to be worth 10pts just for frustration factor-when he been switched on and d keeps his man from getting the ball its almost comical-

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2015, 11:44:39 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
there is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2015, 05:21:01 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

He has his flaws on defense, but I don't think I've ever seen lack of effort being mentioned as one of him problems.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2015, 05:38:20 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
luckily most of the collisions are glancing variety and he is very skilled at landing but if marcus  was to attempt to bully bigs, in one game he got flattened.Both jerebKO and thomas made impressive slides recently-

I was thinking the same thing. When he gets hit, it's not usually very hard. In fact, he looks like he has made an art out of not being touched hard but making it look like he is. To me, he falls like someone who dances ballet or a dancer, he rarely seems out of control on the landing. Almost cat-like. Watch replays of him falling.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)