Author Topic: Jerebko is better than I thought  (Read 8442 times)

Jerebko is better than I thought
« on: February 28, 2015, 01:53:30 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Or is a tremendous fit under CBS system.

Jerebko has already put Bass on the bench, especially late in games.   I wonder how long he can keep his play up. He is shooting the three at an insane 63 percent for the last 2 games. Was 39 percent overall before joining the Celts.

What I like about Jerebko is he can do three things very well to help this small ball business succeed. 1) Guard multiple positions 2) Hit the open three pt shot 3) crash the offensive board successfully every other attempt after a missed shot.  Reminds me of the way Mason Plumlee can do this for the Nets

However i'm sure we will see some of his ugly games sooner or later. Where he can't hit a three if his life depended on it or a big player abuses him left and right.  Does not seem like a guy that can create his own shots easily

This said, as long as these struggles are short, KO, Sullinger should be concerned they might be losing mins if they don't improve their body/games/consistency (if Jerebko is here to stay).

Re: Jerebko is better than I thought
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 01:56:21 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 02:02:37 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
watching these highlights again, man this guy is ALL over the place.

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 02:17:48 PM »

Offline fandrew

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 25
I think that Jerebko may make KO more expendable to trade this summer. If Danny can swing KO and our picks to move up in the draft for WCS, especially with a team that may have a franchise center such as Sacramento or Utah or Detroit. KO and a pick could be perfect for anyone of those teams in the mid lottery.

Just a thought.
"It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care." - Peter Gibbons

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 02:24:46 PM »

Offline P stoff

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 31
Jerebko does what Rodman, Chandler, etc have done ... and its really pretty simple. Its been something I said for years during ans since the big three era (where there was alot of standing and watching when shots went up)

He simply moves to the logical rebounding spot while the ball is in the air.  If the shot comes from the top, he moves to the area between the front rim and the FT line. If it comes from a wing he rotates across to the 45 degree angle on the other side. Common sense and hustle... and yet so few NBA players do it. Get to the front of the rim!

Day one, I said this guy was a keeper... keep watching.

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 02:38:36 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Typical overreaction.   Everyone wanted to give Crowder a 5 year 30 mil contract after his first couple Celtic games.  Let's wait and see what Jerebko does after the high goes away.

I guess that's a bad example... Crowder has looked really good lately.  Still.

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 02:44:28 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Jerebko does what Rodman, Chandler, etc have done ... and its really pretty simple. Its been something I said for years during ans since the big three era (where there was alot of standing and watching when shots went up)

He simply moves to the logical rebounding spot while the ball is in the air.  If the shot comes from the top, he moves to the area between the front rim and the FT line. If it comes from a wing he rotates across to the 45 degree angle on the other side. Common sense and hustle... and yet so few NBA players do it. Get to the front of the rim!

Day one, I said this guy was a keeper... keep watching.

Good analysis. I also liked the play where he gets his own tip in after missing a jump shot.  Not enough guys do this today.  Just take the jump shot and run back

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 02:47:32 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Typical overreaction.   Everyone wanted to give Crowder a 5 year 30 mil contract after his first couple Celtic games.  Let's wait and see what Jerebko does after the high goes away.

I guess that's a bad example... Crowder has looked really good lately.  Still.

The overreaction with Crowder was that he was going to be this teams starting sf moving forward. We all know now that he is an energy guy off the bench that elevates his game in the 4th quarter.

Jerebko is looking like the same deal. 

At this rate having both guys back at 3.5 to 4 million a season will be good for this team moving fwd.  Whatever talented sf/pf that wants to play mins will have to work as hard as these two (also able to hit the open 3)

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2015, 02:52:56 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
He reminds me of what LaFrentz was expected to be before his knees got shot. Good rebounder and three point shooter; similar lift on his 3. Hope he continues to surprise. Agree with other poster that he could make KO expendible is a trade up on draft night.

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2015, 02:56:11 PM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
You hate to go off on a rant about players like this to just find out later you made a fool out of yourself but I would love to believe that Detroit made a huge mistake with this kid and gave him up prematurely.
he just looks like he's got some great moves and his 3-pointers are fun to watch!!!

What exactly was suppose to have been the Pistons reason or reasons for giving him up???

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2015, 02:59:33 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Jerebko sprints back on defense.

Bass trots back on defense.

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2015, 03:04:34 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
You hate to go off on a rant about players like this to just find out later you made a fool out of yourself but I would love to believe that Detroit made a huge mistake with this kid and gave him up prematurely.
he just looks like he's got some great moves and his 3-pointers are fun to watch!!!

What exactly was suppose to have been the Pistons reason or reasons for giving him up???

They have Monroe and Drummond, and they wanted Prince.

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2015, 03:13:40 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Maybe we'll forget about cap space and forget about the draft, re-sign role players like Bass, Jerebko and Crowder, and try to make a splash using our TPE's and draft picks.

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2015, 04:14:59 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
In five years in Detroit, he peaked a few years ago with a PER of 15.9.

So far in three games with the C's he has a PER of 35.8.

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2015, 04:20:16 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
I have been beating the drum for Jerebko since day 1, he was under utilized in Detroit.  I felt this way based on his OWS, DWS, WS, and his VORP.  These are the stats that I most value and they have proven he is an above average offensive and defensive player.  He is not a great player and may be playing a little above his head lately but he has been above average on both ends of the court his entire career. 
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby