Author Topic: What's happening right now is simply amazing!  (Read 8831 times)

Re: What's happening right now is simply amazing!
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2015, 04:19:46 AM »

Offline Salesgod

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 7
  • ANYTHING. Is possible.
Keep it up, boys!

Until the 76ers are NBA champions, keep doing it right!
"Power is ego" - Red Auerbach

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2015, 04:24:44 AM »

Offline Greyman

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 211
Don't need to be ranked in the top couple of places to be amazing. Prior to IT being on board we were already achieving well above what anybody expected. When Rondo and Green exited everybody expected the main parts of the build were still to come and we picked up players to finish out a bad season.

No doubt we still need 2 big signings to be where we want to be next season. The team aren't 'bad'. They may not be a championship team but they are creating great enjoyment and value for fans tired of the long awaited rebuild. The last ten games have produced 7 wins. Break them down however you want but it is still 'amazing' considering where we might have been.

All credit to DA, Coach Stevens and the team for making this season something other than a 'tank and wait' where Cs fans wished away months of their lives waiting to see what happened AFTER  the season is finished.

Still, I won't be happy until the other pieces are in place but I am willing to enjoy this season now and gain great memories of a team that was supposed to do nothing and surprised nearly everyone.

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2015, 05:16:12 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics

Thomas to me is the spitting image, game wise, of Damon Stoudamire. He couldn't be more legit. That's before even starting to talk about AB validating his contract and Marcus Smart's dead-eye shooting, turning other team's waste into profit and coach getting a rap for putting a competitive squad out there every single night.

I love this team!

I totally agree with you. Thomas was a missing wheel. He makes everybody run faster, the ball moves faster, our transition is faster. Lack of that was obvious in Boston for years. This guy is a 2000 hp engine.

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2015, 05:23:07 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
I'm not sure I'd call it amazing.  One of the team's main issues from the start of the season was lack of defined roles.  Way too many redundant pieces.  You had like 4-5 interchangeable guards (including Rondo).   You had multiple PFs and no center.   It always seemed possible that some trades and injuries would solidify the line-up.   It's not terribly surprising that we've won a few games without the sporadic constant line-up shifts.  Helps that we dropped a couple of the overrated players and got a couple underrated contributors.  We're still a bad team, but it seems we've improved our play slightly.

I wouldn`t say we`re a bad team. We were a bad team. Now we realy look like a team, average maybe, but certainly not a bad team. I find bad teams in NY, LA, Philly, with no future prospect.

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2015, 06:32:50 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I agree. I watch them through good and bad but man I'm proud of my Celtics these days for sure...and letting people know about it. ;D
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2015, 07:22:58 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 570
Wall I can add is I found them pretty much unwatchable earlier this season, and now I really enjoy watching the games. I actually look forward to the games and stayed up for the west coast games. I certainly wouldn't have done that earlier.
I'm hoping they make the playoffs, not because I think they can win, but I want to watch more games.
I may be wrong, but I believe if they can add a true defensive big, they can make some noice next year.

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2015, 08:11:59 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Some games have been so bad I was in a basketball funk . 

Long as the basketball is good , I can take the losing .

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2015, 08:23:49 AM »

Offline Kadin

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 29
Ain't this fun?

Imagine when KO returns...

Imagine Sully after Jenny Craig...

Imagine the Hawks looking in their rear view mirror...

It may not last, and March is going to be gut check time, but I'd rather be where we are this year than where we were last year this time.  More smiles out there, both on players and fans who prefer to win than to wait on the next great thing.

Bring me the Warriors...I ain't afraid!

:D

Rak
When KO gets back, I want Brad Stevens to tell him to fire away from the 3-point line.  You hesitate, you get benched. Just let it fly.

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2015, 09:21:01 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Sully ....going to the Richard Simmons class.... Too funny

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2015, 09:54:53 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 858
I am excited about the current version of the Celtics.  Even though we traded Green and Rondo, two guys many thought we should be "building around" (for the record, I was all for bringing in Love and doing just that), the team is now playing better with Thomas and Crowder (plus a few others).  I am also a little bit excited that I think the Celtics have a chance to beat any of the top East teams in a playoff series other than Cle.  I am not scared of Atlanta and certainly not Toronto.  Those teams are certainly more talented and deeper and the odds would be against us but I think it would be competitive.

Unfortunately, all of this excitement is more about how average the rest of East is more than how good the Celtics are.  We are moving in the right direction and it is all good but we have a ways to go

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2015, 10:01:48 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Stevens looks amazing right now.

The weirdest thing is Jerebko - look at his complete game log for this season: http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/3998/jonas-jerebko

I am scared he's going to regress because his play right now is way above anything he has done since he was in Sweden

He played well his first couple of seasons in Detroit. maybe he just needed a change of scenery. It will be an interesting problem for CBS when KO is healthy and back in the lineup (or not).
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2015, 10:04:35 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Ain't this fun?

Imagine when KO returns...

Imagine Sully after Jenny Craig...

Imagine the Hawks looking in their rear view mirror...

It may not last, and March is going to be gut check time, but I'd rather be where we are this year than where we were last year this time.  More smiles out there, both on players and fans who prefer to win than to wait on the next great thing.

Bring me the Warriors...I ain't afraid!

:D

Rak
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NwwY9y6O3hw
Yup

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2015, 10:28:51 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Perfect example of ADDITION BY SUBTRACTION.

Our 2 highest positives on this team are Brad Stevens and Danny Ainge.

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2015, 10:36:02 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Nice to see us running and 90% of the guys playing D.  Young tries but he is clueless but he has the tools.  Our team speed increased without Sully and we have more guys who can spread the floor.  A D has to play Thomas because of his threat to penetrate.   It is fun basketball to watch and sure as heck beats watching a guy saunter up the floor and chuck an ill advised three.   We move the ball to the open move and take a good shot, not a shot because a guy does not want to run the floor.

AB has really reaped the benefits in this regard.

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2015, 11:03:10 AM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
Perfect example of ADDITION BY SUBTRACTION.

Our 2 highest positives on this team are Brad Stevens and Danny Ainge.

Well said.

Rondo became a ball-stopper and Jeff Green's energy always seemed to run low.  Both big negatives on BS system based on ball and player movement.

No coincidence Rondon struggles in Dallas motion offense, while JGreen doing well in the grind house.

Too bad Sully is out, cause we can certainly use an inside presence....to mix things up.